Wednesday, August 22, 2007

DO YOU PROMISE NOT TO TELL.......?
(begun Wednesday at 9.00am)
I am enchanted with my new, plastic, lumo-orange crocs... with the odd exception, they have to be the ugliest footwear I have ever owned...*grins.... Cheap ripoffs and they match nothing at all, but on the plus side, they are as light as a feather and a dream to wear working in the garden...
I stepped outside this morning into a wave of disinfectant...*chokes... It so took me back to when the Osmans lived next door and ran an overnight chicken slaughterhouse here...*eeuw.....
I remarked in a previous blog of the sudden, waft of sewage from Captain Courageous' servant's quarters? Thats all it was - there and gone... so, though it doesn't bother me at all, there is no need for disinfectant unless for other reasons....*smiles...
I've told you already how the new streetlights (the ones with the lemon yellow (how apt) light sensor knobs on the top of the cowlings), intrigue me.... My word yes.... they have got ever so many bits and bobs both inside and out...*beams...
If you stand underneath you will see a sort of flat grid just before the light is fitted to the pole...
Standing looking up from my kitchen door it looked as though a tiny light was on behind this grid... this, mind you in broad daylight with the streetlight itself out...
Curious and I will have to pay closer attention before saying its a definite...*grins...
Could one of the many reasons that the Data-Theft Project has such a covert and dodgy air about it, be that, were citizens aware that their power supplies were now handled by laymen so to speak, they might protest?
Does mon Capitan insist that he controls our system only and it is a one-off? That the rest of the neighbourhood gets their power via Springfield Park legitimately? *checks Bali's nose....
No risks involved? Raaait! *falls over...
Twill be interesting to see what happens when summer arrives, and the huge electrical storms and torrential downpours with it...*trembles...
The higher the temperature climbs, the more devastating the eventual storm, and I guess in a few years time, we will average out in the 40 degree mark on a summers day....
So - sort out your lightning conductors and polish your Wellies... rubber soles may yet prevent you from being fried to a crisp...*cackles...
Meanwhile, fingers crossed that the layperson blithely handed control of your power system by Your Muni, is not a hotheaded, irrational, vendetta-seeking twit with an agenda he declines to divulge....*chuckles...
I do appreciate the recent efforts my Master makes to quell the noises made as he invades our home...*beams..
Unavoidable they are indeed, and he will have to rely on timing. Between us, we will hone his skillz to the max...*grins...
Still no sign of a droog out to remove or replace the pitiful 'wireless' box sagging on our valley pole... Hopefully this will be attended to while I am out at the shops on Thursday (hint)...
Could I ask whichever tech draws the short straw, to tighten the cable that runs to our roof?
I'm pretty sure it can be done from the valley pole and if not, I will have to phone for a tech to visit me...*keels over laughing...
Dearly as I would enjoy seeing Sean or Divan again, I suspect that their cojones would shrivel to pea size at the mere thought...*cackles..
The chopper spent ages over the Sparks/Randles road area between 6 and 7am this morning... Now nearly 10.00am and its back again....*smiles..
der Kommissar certainly deserves his Award, be it from Telkom, Eskom or the Government....*chuckles...
It is a shame that there is still so much crime in Sydenham and surrounds, but we are certainly not doing too badly here in the Zone itself....*applauds the SAPS patrol van it saw yesterday morning....
Did Suresh ever speak to the valley GateKeeper? I believe I saw someone closely resembling our resident lurker, standing up on the Crescent yesterday afternoon (see pics)
He had his hat on and was loaded up with all his baggage and then he turned and went back down towards the valley again... *shrugs...
A light aircraft goes over, too high to see whether its Airwing but it probably is....
A pair of mousebirds clamber noisily about in the petria behind me...
Its warm enough to bring snakes out today and the frog chorus was back last night...
Its going to be a long, roasting hot summer....
Now 10.25am: The tiny light seen/imagined in the streetlight earlier has now disappeared along with Captain Courageous... It is quite possibly just some sort of reflection, though the grid itself appears to be made of a type of sturdy matt grey plastic... weird then if it is reflective light....? *winks at Bali.....
I am aware that I am in no position to ask for anything (apart from the Compensation owed by the Corrupt to the 3 victims), and yet it flits through my pointed head how great it would be if mon Capitan woud LEAVE the blogmusik.net site Alone....*smiles...
It worked just fine when he was out and otherwise occupied...
When ANYONE mentions a piece of music that they particularly like, how I would love to go and find it later and listen to it...*shrugs..
The little stereo in the lounge took a mortal blow a long while back and is deader than a dodo...*curtseys to Bali...
When I used kazaa.lite years back, Bali opened the door to all his cronies and that too became a no-go area....
Grumbles? Not really, as I pretty much have everything I need to be content....*grins..
I merely share with you the methods my dear Master has used and still uses, to vent his bullying rage on this Idiot...
He will take only so much advice and then ignore his advisors....*cackles...
There is a good chance that I know him very much better than any of you do....*laughs...
You may care to attend to what I'm told is a Dealership belonging to Lord Barnabus at 151 Sparks Road... A time-honoured tradition and nice little money spinner?
*smacks the Rotten Apples about their heads with a wet trout...
Its time to improve your image guys....Pulling in there on a regular basis with the Collection Plate out, if indeed you are, certainly doesn't earn respect from the neighbours...Pffft... Tell someone that gives a toss? *shakes its head....
Peace....
---oOo---
Wednesday 22 August 2007 at 1.56pm.

Edited: Thursday 23 August at 6.55.... Reason: Self-preservation....*cackles...