Friday, August 24, 2007


ALL THE PERFUME......
You certainly can teach an old dog new tricks....*grins...
At 61, I am showing signs of becoming flexible - nay - almost spontaneous...Scary stuff....*laughs...
When I woke to find fat Sophie gone from our bed after 3.00am yesterday morning, I knew she had again blotted her copybook euw...
I cleaned up the mess and went and sat outside in the dark on the verandah with Thomas and Kitz..
Even the freeway is pretty quiet at that hour, and I sat enjoying nothing more than the occasional rustle in the undergrowth and the snap of a twig here and there....*beams..
Es up in Garbutt Road rang just after 8.00am to say there were three SAPS vehicles pulled in further down the way, and something was clearly going down...
I rang our Vice-Chair who wasted no time and said she would contact der Kommissar...
Hardly had I put the phone down, when it rang and whoa!....
Amazing Grace..... twas our long lost Councillor who informed me that there had just been an armed hijacking in Garbutt Road and a 4 x 4 had been taken.... Just another day in paradise....*shrugs...
Having blogged only the day before, that our Zone was doing fairly well, it was hardly surprising to be almost immediately proven wrong....*cackles...
With der Kommissar safely up in Gauteng, collecting his Award, how could the mice resist coming out to play?..*grins...
Later, shopping done, I headed back down to Sherwood and popped over to St. Theresa's to see if Sister Stephens was in... She'd gone off to an AIDS meeting so I hopped back in the car and headed down Sparks Road to Overport....
Overport....hmmmm.... *makes a slight detour in the tale....
Ja, I do remember fairly recently seeing the pictures of No. 151 Sparks Road's Senior, lying dead in the road...*frowns...
He stepped out of line and was sorted out quite smartly...
Nonetheless, I still suggest that Junior does his dealing elsewhere or, at the very least, the Rotten Apples do their business direct with Earl Barnabus at one of his properties?
What am i saying? He probably owns 151 as well...pffft...
I digress....
So, instead of heading down to the Fabric Warehouse in Umgeni Road, there I was zipping along Ridge Road in the opposite direction, towards Entabeni Hospital...*startled...
The car guard pointed me in the direction of the Annexe and 5 minutes later I was delighted to find our ex-CPF Secretary...
Sure, I blogged that she'd left the building, but I didn't say I had closure...*cackles...
I had a great visit, and she made me feel really at home... oh yes - I know a good many of you consider that to be a place I belong...*wags finger....not yet dears....*grins...
Needless to say, I levitated out of her office with the millstone fallen away from my wrinkled old neck...*beams..
I drove home the long way round, back through Sparks Road, and was amused to find the stereotypical sight of an SAPS van parked outside the Bakery, doors flung wide and the guys happily munching their tea cakes/pies...*time to bake for the lads...?
The power must have gone off just after 3.00pm.. not a problem as both Flo and I had finished with our respective work... I had heard that the City centre had been hit by a massive power failure that morning...*shrugs..
A mere flick of a few switches Herr Doktor? And more connections covertly connected to the grid while the power is down?...*hawks...
Captain Courageous arrived home mid-afternoon and despite the power failure, his gates were not a problem. I remember standing and marvelling at how they continued to work despite the power cut....
I opened my gates at 5.00pm as usual and settled down happily with the Cadac gas lamp to read the papers...
At 5.45pm the power came back on and not long after that, one of mon Capitano's little pups gave a shriek which startled even my furry family....
I trundled off down the passage to see if he'd finally managed to squish one or both, and found his gates standing open and the nose of a strange car poking through. A grey-haired gent was bustling about...
Thinking the guy had probably knocked one of the pups over, I thought best if I went up to fetch it (for the Captain of courage was unlikely to emerge from the safety of his home) I went up the top in time to see the car pull off up the Crescent..
Sue the Book called me over and said that mon Capitan's gates had been standing open and the 2 puppies were running all over the road. So this guy had stopped and caught them and gone off with them...*snorts...
Later I heard the Heroic One's eldest outside calling "Puppy!" and then Missus C. rang me to ask if I knew where their puppies were.... *stumped... She said that she had picked the Captain up from the house and they'd gone off to get a bite to eat...
See, much like Pavlov's own, I have learned that there is little that Captain Courageous enjoys more, than for me to slag him off in these scribblings...*falls over laughing...
He then feels justified in his twisted way, to muster his Trollish Troops and retaliate, all the while squealing liar, liar!...*shrugs...
Pavlov's dog would of course by now have learned to shut up... alas, not so with this toad....*cackles...
The choreography of this particular tour de force stinks to high heaven... a smell I grow more accustomed to each day...*wrinkles its nose...
The puppies were acquired as mere pawns, and months later were still un-named. I think the bright, but so-crooked star of this Bali Show realised pretty soon, that his spiteful, spur of the moment decision to take the pups, had backfired, and was causing him to show a side of himself that he didn't wish to publicly reveal...*chortles...
I can just hear him so earnest and plausible... insisting that he hadn't known his gates would automatically open when the power came back on....*koffs...
This from a guy in charge of running our entire power system?? *amazed....
So no, Bali dear.... the whole thing was deliberate and it wouldn't even surprise me to find the ballies who picked up the 2 unfortunate little creatures were a part of the play...*snorts... If they brought back the dogs would you accept them? Pff...
You wanted to be rid of them and now you are....Nice one!...*applauds...
You certainly can judge a man by how he treats his dog...*shakes its head...
I will guess you have your Trolls lined up, waiting for this blog? *falls over.... another weekend of Whipped, Beaten or Battered Toad? Fosho!....*chuckles...
There are a very few that read this blog and see you for what you really are, and tis to them I speak here.
For the rest? You may continue to bow before this Tool of the Corrupt to your heart's content... I believe the word I seek here is Suckers? *cackles...
Freddie's additions are coming along nicely and what looked to be Muni machinery parked on his verge this morning..(see pic).
Rajie just turned up out of the blue with my new luxmi prayer string.. its been a year already?? *astonished....
She had to cut the old one off first....*beams...
Tis a grey and windy day here in the Zone... I could choose to sit and wail and gnash my teeth for the innocent and uncared for *looks at Nobby, alone again..... but I am learning that this solves nothing. Indeed, it is all karma and my heart is light....
Peace...
---oOo---
Friday 24th August, 2007 at 1.59pm.