Thursday, August 16, 2007

CONFUSION REIGNS......
(begun Thursday at 4.20am)
How can it be, that I sit here with 2 jerseys, and 2 pairs of socks, and feel the chill wind blowing in through the window behind me, and yet I see a snake and have an army of frogs in the garden?
Has the earth tipped off kilter a fraction and confused the fauna of the planet? Global warming is the easiest answer...*shakes its head...
The orphanage resembled a Christmas tree before 4.00am, this morning, and still does.... for all his irrational behaviour, I have to grant that Captain Courageous is a hard worker. Something that, as a full-time sloth, I have always admired....*grins...
Almost the entire length of the playing field that is visible to me, was illuminated last night! All the green roofed cottages that I gather belong to St. Theresa's, have now been equipped and activated with aerials....
It most certainly was the reason for the chopper spending so much time here, at such low altitudes, the night before last...*smiles...
I would lay odds that when the so useful perves bedroom monitor announces my first loud snore, the radio wave emissions are once again cranked up to the maximum... after all, who is there to hear and report on this?
A toad and the local canine population? *keels over laughing...
You think the tinnitis thing confuses me? Nope - not at all....*grins...
The telephone seems to be the only area that this is noticeable and nothing else.... I can still hear the tiniest of sounds in or out of the house...*shrugs...
The big double-story house across the Freeway at the top of Piedmont Road? Long ago I believe it belonged to the Payne family, and in later years, at some point, a lady was caught operating a drug-making lab from that address...
I see the owners now have an orange port-a-light in one of the windows, chatting across to the Convent ..... Welcome aboard? *laughs...
Later:
Midday and the wind still howls up from the south. My old avocado pear tree creaks alarmingly and I have to wonder which will be the first to topple, another of the old palm trees, or the avo tree.....
I had a happy trip out and about this morning and have come to the conclusion that being old, definitely has its own rewards....*beams..
Everywhere I go people are smiling and chatty and always ready to help... Young Ross even treated me and Naomi to coffee this morning (though I think he watched anxiously in case I broke their coffee machine haha..)
I cruised around little side streets in Westville and everywhere, I found evidence of the Beast and its invasive Wireless Project... Plenty of Ethekwini Water Dept. signs and water run-offs as well..
The GameWrecker showed me an article from the self-congratulatory Metro Supplement in yesterdays paper... "Sutcliffe Welcomes Arrest", was the heading.... One of the mugs at Metro Police got caught running a scam...
The smarmy Herr Doktor goes on at great length saying corruption won't be tolerated yadda yadda.....
Frankly, I'm surprised he isn't struck by a 2 mile long bolt of lightning....
For sheer hypocracy, he really does take the cake...*cackles...
What then do I expect from him as so-called Manager of Durban? Again - to lead by befokte example would be a good start...
To insist that Freeway and other streetlights are left on in daylight hours because of cable theft, that so many huge and deliberately regular water run-offs are due to ageing pipes, and the biggest lie of all - that corruption in the Muni will be weeded out!....*keels over laughing....
Pretty rich coming from him.....
I grant you he is but a small cog in this giant wheel of Corruption, but surely, twould be better if he just shut up trying to paint this huge rosy picture in an effort to hide the ongoing rot of Telkom and the Muni's Data - Theft Project? *spits....
While I can even manage sometimes, to empathise with Captain Courageous and his Crooked Chicken Cronies, Mike Sutcliffe should definitely go sit on the bench next to the likes of Allen Spence and Koobair the Vile....*snorts....
Batho Pele indeed!! If I were to follow his instructions and report corrupt Abuse of Power, his would be the first name to be called out, with The Superintendent of Electricity for Durban a close runner-up....*cackles wildly....
Hate? Again, I have to say no - basically just astonishment at the bare-faced affrontery of these opinionated and crooked City Officials...*pukes...
On a lighter note, I bumped into little Clive at Pick 'n Pay - someone who, unlike yours truly, takes the Mark of the Beast very seriously ...*chortles....
I was delighted to give him the telephone number for the front desk at Telkom Overport and watch his reaction...*falls over laughing...
To whichever joker ensured the main number ended in a triple six, I applaud your sense of humour....*beams...
Later still at 2.00pm
I walked onto the front lawn to fetch the empty bird feeder and refill it.. and discovered Fudge (the Cocker Spaniel blogged previously) and her owner sitting below the wall... I picked fat Sophie up to see and she was delighted, until she realised she couldn't physically meet the dog, and lost interest rapidly...
I mentioned the green bush snake of the Perve's monitoring box yesterday? Did I mention that I took a really sharp close-up pic of the box, sans snake, anyways?
And now, today, I studied it and find the gale appears to have tipped it miraculously from the post, where it now hangs forlorn and pretty useless looking....
As nothing in the Zone is what it appears to be....
I am aware that in the past, Thursday has always been a busy day for Telkom and the Muni droogs...
How often, swift and covert changes have been made to boxes and poles while I zip about, carefree, out of the Zone on a Thursday....*winks...
We have had winds as strong as this very recently, and the wireless box has not budged an inch....
Surprisingly (or not), My Master's Courser was still in the driveway when I arrived home earlier....*curious...
My constant references to the monitoring abilities of this charming device could well have led to it's sudden demise this morning and not from the wind either....*laughing...
Either way I have the before picture taken yesterday, with the box as strongly fixed to the pole as ever, and a picture I snapped just a couple of hours ago, showing the distruction wrought by.....? *falls over...
Hilarious really and yet another mystery I will doubtless never hear the truth about.... *grins at Bali...
What has changed since I arrived back home this morning (apart from the mangled Perve Monitoring device)?
Weirdly enough, my cellphone signal has gone haywire....*very curious...Coincidence?
If it hasn't settled back to its full signal by this evening, then there is a definite connection between the white 'wireless' box and my cell signal...*cackles... Crazy? We shall see....
When the GameWrecker arrives home tonight with his phone, will be the clincher...*beams...
Peace...
---oOo---
Thursday 16th August 2007 at 4.03pm.

PS. 5.45pm.

One and three quarter hours since blogging and my cellphone signal has returned fully and unaided...*grins...
In case you think eh, its just a kak old phone? I forgot to tell you, Flo was here today and she hauled her Nokia out as well. Hers had also dropped down to one bar signal ...*cackles...
The two of us walked round the house in and out but the signal was pathetic on both so.... control auber alles.....*beams...