Saturday, August 11, 2007

COCK OF THE HEAP......
There's this really pleasant family that live up the road. She despises me for being a gossip...*smiles..
Shall I tell you how it came about?
Her husband used to bring animals home.... if, when he was out on a job, a dog or cat would pay him attention, he would bring it home (to his wife's dismay). If these animals were subsequently damaged or fell ill, I was told that vet fees were a problem.
So I suggested they try Anti-Cruelty. In those days, it was run by Joyce Northend, a wonderful but intimidating lady...*smiles again..
So it came to pass that I used to take the lady over to whichever vet Mrs. Northend sent us to, for a fraction of the normal rate.
Then her brother came to stay. She told me he was a bit 'odd in the head' and he was often home alone while the family went out about their business.
First of all, as I recall, Mitzie the little dog was damaged and needed attention. She thought he may have kicked her.
Then she rang to say that Fluffy, the ginger cat had been on the receiving end of her brother's attentions.
Once again, I rang Mrs. Northend who by now wanted details of what actually was going on. I repeated what I had been told about the brother.
I subsequently took Fluffy and his owner to the recommended vet.
It is always possible that Mrs. Northend rang the lady herself and had a word about her brother's behaviour. Details are now hazy. Whatever - I was thereafter told that I talked too much and was in trouble...*grins..
From then on, she no longer chatted to me freely on the phone though she still asked me to arrange for a cheaper vet on a couple of occasions in later years....*beams... BTW, this same lady frequently told me that she cannot abide animals but tolerated them for her family's sake....*smiles..
I think that my monitored phone records (*winks at Bali) will show that this has made no difference to my overall opinion of them being a really nice family...I merely demonstrate how easy it is to acquire a label....
A gossip I most certainly am.
After der Kommissar exhorted us to gossip freely, at a previous memorable CPF Meeting, I finally (though years too late) got the message...*grins...
Frank Dutton (ex Scorpions), obviously knew a thing or two way back then.... when he advised caution in my telephone conversations... Did I heed him then? Not a chance!...*laughing...
In retrospect, it was already too late - I was the toast of the Rotten Apples both up on the Hill and at Telkom Overport...*cackles..
Later:
It was a nice change to get out on a Friday, and I found a large gang of wekkers still digging up the pavement by the Engen garage on Jan Smuts Highway... it has to be Telkom right? Its Neotel ON the road and Telkom OFF the roads? *falls over...
Yes, I forgot to mention some 3 weeks back I spotted a Greater Yellow Pointed-Nosed Gouger in Essex Terrace.. The one pictured on a thread at myadsl as belonging to Neotel...
Personally I have every reason to believe that Neotel and Telkom ARE one and the same...*snorts... a rose by any other nick yadda yadda....
After my usual shopping, I headed up to Pinetown and found the chopper very busy above the town. Lahee Park had sodium lights burning in pairs as did many other streets...*chuckles...
The chopper was still hard at it when I finally left and headed for home...
My neighbour at No. 4 rang at some point to say the GateKeeper was still lying spread out in the valley below.. I reminded her that the SAPS were aware of him and if they chose to leave him there, he is their responsibility...*smiles...
At 4.30pm I became aware of a familiar sound.... the pleasant tinkling music of the icecream vendor's van over the way...*collapses laughing.... Much appreciated, even in mid-winter...!!
My, we certainly have a motley crew visiting these pages...*beams..
If you still believe my Controller's denials that he is not affiliated in any way to Earl Barnabus, you are clearly a card short of a full deck...*grins...
However cleverly his rebuttal is couched, you surely smell something extremely rotten here in the Zone? *falls over....
I had a good look at No. 14 as I drove by, and saw a large heap of earth next to their driveway on the property. So - although the Ethekwini Painters and their artfully positioned board would have passers-by believe they are also working at No. 14, it is a different band that dump the barrows of earth onto Godfrey's property. And it has to be a legitimate exercise...*beams...
I do still wonder what Godfrey would make of the wekkers pictures taken that Saturday both on and off his property, but with so many covert Muni employees about, twould serve only to confuse the good man...*smiles..
Later:
Bali had a happy gathering in his front garden last night.
Doubtless he has many reasons to celebrate, though this particular instance may well have been a traditional feast day...*falls over..
May I predict that, though the debate on whether fireworks are banned in residential areas or not, rages on, it does NOT apply to residents of the Zone....*beams at Bali....
If, like Freddie, you feel the need to remind us all that you are Cock of the Heap, - fireworks is a nice way to go...*grins...
I no longer find your utter disregard for the unfortunate animals in the vicinity contemptuous.... after all these years of living next door to a young and blustering bullyboy, I see your insecurities clearly and am sadly, more amused by your antics than disgusted...go figure....*beams...
My own four-footed family now take these occasions in their stride, though I did wonder about your 3 fleetingly...*shrugs...
While the Captain of Courage (laughs) made merry in his garden last night, the Weasel held the Fort online...*beams... the result was a pleasant enough evening and no actual disconnects...
May I, without knowing the correct terminology, suggest that in many instances, mon Capitan merely gives out our current IP addie to his KissyBoys (keels over laughing), and lets them get on with causing problems while he sits, rolling his eyes in mock injured innocence at my accusations? Fosho!...*cackles...
Mob Justice? *falls over.... it so often nowadays appears to be a Mob of one....*winks at Bali...
I would guess that 90% of my original detractors and attackers, that for so long gleefully followed my Captains lead, have since matured, and choose to ignore rather than participate in his ongoing childish behaviour...so - Mob? Naaa....
You are trapped in a time-warp of your own making o Heroic One... time to find the balls to move on? *beams...
Eh - silly me - I forgot that in both the Zone and in the Virtual World, tis the Lily-Livered Hit & Run Chickens that rule the roost, sans any semblance of courage....
May the Truly Ignorant and Aged continue to pander to your bizarre obsession, and may you dwell in the House of the Beast forever....*applauds...
Tis now midday and spontaneous bellows of happy male bonding have been coming from Bali's house for some time.. the wimmen and children sent to the Fields? Truly, he is Master of his Domain...*chokes with laughter...
A multi-coloured butterfly darts from flower to flower in the breeze... will I ever know who or what chose that particular design? I am happy to wait and see.... peace...
---oOo---
Saturday 11th August 2007 at 12.52pm