Tuesday, July 17, 2007


WHO LET THE DOGS OUT....
(begun at 4.00am Tuesday)
Again, a fair bit of barking going on when I finally surfaced.. the nearby dogs were just venting generally and it was too difficult to tell why those in the distance were being so noisy... someone deliberately walking about the area in the dark?...*snorts...
I'd been listening to one of my Controller's pups barking for over half an hour, yesterday afternoon. I am so used to dog noise in the background that I hadn't really paid much attention..
Eventually though, I went out to take a look... the smaller puppy had managed to hook its lower jaw through the plastic flea collar and was by then, frantic. There was no sign of Elizabeth (and hasn't been for some time), and no way I could get to it.
So I rang Bali (who, to be honest, was really pleasant on the phone), and he said he would be home shortly...*smiles..
By this time the pups were down below the pool. The bigger one was still sounding the alarm non-stop. A clever pooch indeed...
I took a few pictures over the wall. I figured my vet could put one up next to the flea collars on sale, as a cautionary measure...
I was so busy reassuring the pups that their dad was on his way, I hadn't heard him arrive...He said nothing at all but picked the dog up and moved out of sight. I checked to see if I had a clear shot for the vet, as I stood there in the garden.
Yes - one at least that would serve its purpose. Zoomed it in and whoa!!!! There was Bali peering around the wall!!!!! *falls over laughing....
Clearly delighted, I rang Missus C (who said she had just spoken to the Captain but he had not mentioned the dogs..weird), and told her what had happened... I asked if I could keep the picture of the Courageous One and she kindly said I certainly could...*beams....
The resulting fall-out last night online was extreme...*chuckles... the Fowl were out for blood and loving it...
I have to constantly remind myself that the lame behaviour is coming from the person in charge of an entire street if not more, of power supplies....* amazed...
The humour in the situation overrides the nastiness, as always these days, and I have learned to live with it....*smiles...
I will simply make the most of any extra free time I have, to improve my recording skills....
At 5.30am this morning, I took a snap of a small company bakkie parked below the wall across the Crescent. Some dude catching some zzzs and oblivious to his perilous position....
If would-be hijackers had pulled up to make mischief, would mon Capitano have alerted his Masters?
In spite of the so bright, active monitoring covering his worn-out pole, I have to say I doubt he would lift a finger to help in any way...*shrugs..
It is indeed the cynical and callous way of the world that we live in today....*humming...
I've obviously no way of knowing whether my Master's enraged retaliation to the inadvertant picture I took, extends beyond #trivia...no doubt I will find out soon enough...*cackles...
Having last night, been shovelled out of the Channel unceremoniously and repeatedly, to the great amusement of the usual suspects, I finally gave up and went instead to take a picture of the Howard College tower 'lights'.
The extra light at the top was active, which meant the chopper was busy, but out of sight.
The entire bank of lights were dimmed to a pale yellow, though this morning, they were back up to their full strength...*smiles... boys and their toys..pffft....
I walked out of the garage to find Missus C. on the verge and she came to the gate to chat...*beams...
She told me how Eskom are ill prepared for the future amongst other things... *cackles wildly...
Well, it's pretty obvious that the nationwide Telkom/Municipality Data-Theft Wimax Project is gobbling up way more power than foreseen. Surely this possibility should have been factored in well before 2004? *laughing...
Now of course, it is the consumer that is told to save electricity.. while the amount of lights in this little section of Durban alone, have to be seen to be believed...*cackles...
I am amused to think that even the brightest among you, discount me as a mean-spirited old bat who is merely getting her come-uppance...*laughs...
Ahhh....are there surprises in store for you...
Do the Wimax Trialists all gather up on the Hill once a week - to be patted and encouraged and reminded of who the Enemy is? *falls over laughing..
All the so grateful Trialists that most certainly don't realise their full importance as links in the Data-Theft chain...
With luck, it will never affect you or cast a shadow over your life in any way. If you own a business however, I would remind you that no transaction that you undertake, can ever again be deemed private....
Unless you belong to the Band of the Privileged Rotten Apples, Telkom and their corrupt Muni Cronies, your life is now Owned...*smiles...
Your affairs could be manipulated by such luminaries as the Co-ordinator of Druglords for Southern Africa (the dwarfish Koobair), and his puppet Earl Barnabas, and in turn by their crooked Government contacts...
May I remind you that, though a plank of monumental proportions, I am nothing more than mere light entertainment to these charmers...*looks at the red-eyed Allen Spence, Project manager Supreme....
Were you to make sufficient money to interest this lot, heaven help you....*cackles...
The defendant rests...
---oOo---
Tuesday 17th July 2007 at 12.50pm.