Thursday, July 05, 2007

WASTE THE HOURS WITH TALKING, TALKING.....
The postcript in my previous blog,said that I managed to get some pictures of the contractor droog,finally sent to 'fix' Bali's streetlight after all these months....
I had a look last night to see if there were visible changes,and the only thing that was really noticeable, was that Bali has de-activated the 2 Very bright orange sensor lights facing the convent. As he can no doubt crank them up again at will, this can't be counted as any real change. His inside garage light remains on overnight.
My pictures clearly show the droog working with wires. So, not just a simple bulb replacement? *falls over....
Stepping out the front after 8.00pm last night, I have to admit to being delighted at the fine new array of lights, on the Freeway-facing side, right next door to the PowerHouse itself.
I bobbed back into the lounge,and said to the GameWrecker he should come and take a look,they were that bright...(my little joke), and alas, some 10 minutes later, they had been dimmed considerably...*grins...
I am overly fond of my little banger. When I reversed her out of the garage this morning for my weekly morning shopping, she left a trail of water on the road... Gezunkelnutz!!! As clueless with engine mechanics as pretty much everything else, I gave Bert the Stoic a call...
He very kindly toddled down the road and actually found where the radiator was leaking...I could then safely contact the GameWrecker and inform him that a man had made the diagnosis, and therefore it must be correct...haha...
Bert and I stood chatting for a while. It wasn't long before he announced that he is having the two remaining trees (outside on his verge, ) removed.....*grins...
I believe his reason, was the amount of leaves they generate onto his property. Fair enough, and I'm sure the Muni will be only too happy to oblige in clearing away the last two stumbling blocks to give absolute Direct Line of Sight to St. Theresa's Convent *cackles....
Another gem, was his desire for the Muni Parkland across the way, to be developed, and to have 'nice' houses on it. Does he have inside information on this latter?
I took a picture of a surveyors tripod facing directly over that way just a couple of days ago...*wry smile...
By 'nice houses' its pretty clear Bert wasn't thinking of mass, low-cost housing at all...
So - "for the benefit of the People" doesn't cut it for me..
I do struggle somewhat, to understand how someone fortunate enough to be able to sit on his verandah,and have a small,but beautiful green patch to gaze at, wants it destroyed by housing projects.
We have defended it successfully all these years against bushdwellers and criminals, but I have no defence against outright Greed and Corruption.
If the entire parcel of land has not already been sold (including and beyond the land destined for 3 large blocks of flats adjoining Hugo Road), I'm guessing those responsible at the Muni,are greedily going through tenders as I write...*hawks....
Do I sound peeved? Naa.... tis just different strokes for different folks is all....*beams...
Accepting change, whether it be for the better or, as in this case, the worse, is an exercise in character building. The trick I have learned at last, is to avoid brooding over the bothersome things in life - accept it and move along...*grins...
Without Captain Courageous abusive attentions, these past years, I would no doubt still have been bounding about, trying madly to sort out what I saw as rectifiable injustices...*laughs... Plonker moi....
Has anyone figured out yet why my cellphone loses it's signal overnight?
If I had half a clue, how to prevent being nuked, I would use the Comments option on this blog to ASK questions....
Trying to answer Questions would be pretty impossible as you may imagine...
I see Telkom have strung up their 'wireless' boxes all along Locksley Drive.... strange how much smaller these are, than those in other streets, outside houses. I guess the smaller ones are legitimate and the bigger boxes allow for those extra monitoring accessories, we are not supposed to know about...*chuckles...
The original one that Allen Spence had fastened to our streetlight pole, was chock-a-block with coloured wires jammed in the top section and the bottom half had a lens the size of a small apple...*grins...
Which will you get? Plain or fancy? Beware julle.....*laughs...
I've got the old Venus phone plugged in today. My Master causes way too many problems on the electric phone. Nonetheless, even using the Venus, the line was dropped a while ago in the middle of a call I'd made.. I rang back and established that the cut-off was my end...*cackles...
Scraping the barrel indeed.....
Unusually, I had three wrong number calls yesterday from a gentleman who immediately put me in mind of Saleem Moosa up at Telkom Overport.... yes - THAT Saleem Moosa.*cracks up....
Devan Pillay and his bud Bevan got really carried away listening to our private calls in years gone by.... and yet the rage that manifested after I actually penned a mail to the Director of Telkom, expressing my displeasure at this extra uninvited option, was hilarious,in retrospect.....*laughs...
They became so enraptured by their own antics and cleverness (much like my own dear Captain Courageous), that they eventually lost the plot entirely...*snorts...
As I write this, the phone rings and yet another wrong number....Bwaahaaaaa!.... The plot thickens.... *grins...
Peace...
---oOo---
Thursday 5th July 2007 at 3.43pm