Sunday, July 15, 2007

FLAWED CALCULATIONS.....
(begun Sunday @ 10.15am)
I am mired down in a total overload of information..bummer....*frowns...
The cause? My last visit to www.myadsl.co.za revealed several threads that literally made my head spin..
A photo of the machine cutting trenches in roads for cable laying? That so closely resembled the machines that work so often here on the Freeway bridge? According to the poster, it belonged to Neotel and as I recall, was somewhere in Gauteng...
So how are they doing it? The suburbs are being given over to Telkom and the Munis and Neotel are getting the Freeways?
No, that is rubbish, for the chopper is constantly over the freeway here and we are most definitely Telkom infested. I have the pictures to prove it, as clearly marked Telkom contractors dig across the roads everywhere..
The thread on whether that bastion of honesty, Mweb, should be allowed to invade customers privacy had me struggling to find the words to comment....*grins...
In spite of repeatedly informing their abuse team that our PC was/is hijacked, we were led a merry dance and eventually handed over to Sahara for monitoring....*shrugs...
Mweb showed an appalling lack of ethics as they surely must have known the full story. Once again, I have no doubt that Telkom manipulated the entire situation and Mweb merely obeyed as their puppet.
If Telkom had invited rpm to be a Wimax trialist, would he have had to decline,knowing it would be viewed by his forumites as a bribe?
Clever it was then, to have approached him via Mweb. He obviously didn't have to sign any confidentiality agreement,as all the Trialists here in Sherwood have done..*laughs..
Its all way too weird....
It was about 6.45am yesterday morning,when I noticed the tower block lights had been left on at Howard college.
I thought that would make a pretty picture. The results were astonishing! What I had always thought to be office lights now appear to be installations on the outside of the tower. Decoration? I think not!..*cackles... My word, little wonder that any pictures I take at night in that direction are dominated by the brilliance from those particular aerials/lights...
There is also an orange aerial dead centre, on both the North and West facing walls of the main building block.....
A picture taken this morning however, reveals very little, though a couple of the tower aerials are still active at a much lower intensity.
Our CPF Member and Microwave expert is one of how many capable of correctly managing this Wimax system in the country? A small handful at best.
His star is certainly shining brightly as he airily dismisses the possibility of risks involved....*smiles...
If he were to factor in the careless abandon which was shown by the lay people, unqulified in any way, that now manage our power supplies here in Sherwood - would he reconsider the lack of risk? Pfff...unlikely...
The fact that I can so clearly hear the wall of cricket chorus as it emanates from St. Theresa's, is not something I could imagine or make up... I find it fascinating...
The dogs voicing their anxiety and confusion? The white coating on Sophie's plastic pool?
Why on earth would I make it up? *falls over laughing...
I am merely trying to report, in my admittedly rambling fashion, what I see, hear and feel here in the Zone.
That people with possible flaws may be adversely affected unless more skilled monitoring takes place and soon...
Tsk, I forgot - any old Cracker, bookkeeper or accountant can run the thing right?...*laughs...
Discounting its so obvious intention to invade the Masses privacy, it is a wondrous thing indeed.
The amount of aerials increases rapidly and I see Sabeera's pretty new installations now decorate her property facing where? Mayville? And again I wonder about her husbands health....*sighs..
The valley beyond the playing field heading up into Sydenham, is now saturated with lights/aerials..
The light above the back door at No. 72 Michan Road burns at least twice as brightly as the streetlight next to the house. Startling indeed. This light remains on each day though dimmed.
My ears scream and my hand threatens to drop the pen as I write and yet, above all else, I am still fascinated by it all...
A mouse mesmerised by a cobra? Not at all....
You have to remember that I had never seen TV until we visited the UK in 1969...*cackles....
I am a tard of classic proportions but this does not exclude me from appreciating the wonderful technological advances made...*grins.
My CDWalkman and my basic Nokia are mini miracles to me. Though alas, the latters days are numbered.... The GameWrecker in his wisdom (!) insists the fault is due to charging the phone on a much more advanced charger...*cackles...
Of course, mon Capitano and I know better do we not Bali? *winks...
My phone is PWNED by the Crooked...
Full signal and full battery this morning and I hit send to a text to the Secretary...*poof* the phone switches off completely.
Switch it back on and all is fine...Explain please?
The same CPF Secretary who wrote me a text one night last week, hit send and my cellphone rang. She was astonished when I picked up... It would be foolish to shrug her off as another silly woman...*grins.. she is highly qualified and Very clever...so..
Telkom going down the drain?
*falls over laughing... Not in a million years... Information is power and they run the country despite their best efforts to push Vodacom into centre stage..*grins... Smoke and mirrors julle....
Here's another question for you so clever people...
The creosote that coats the power line poles? I only realised yesterday that Captain Courageous pole is bleached almost white. I took pictures of our pole and of Basil's pole and compared them. Only the Captains pole has lost its colour.
Easily fobbed off as being the oldest pole on the street or, the creosote has somehow been leached out by the enormous amount of extra electricity this pole carries? this is what I have considered to be THE control pole from day one...at least as regards control of our power supply.
It was Thursday last week when huge grey clouds rolled in, obliterating the sun. I was letting Flo out of the top gate when I saw a very clear, bright sensor light on Captain Courageous pole was activated. On one of the ubiquitous silver bands encircling the pole..
I now finally have what I consider to be a very good picture of that particularly clever accessory added by the Muni and Telkom...*beams..
It actually glows yellow against the silver...go figure...*smiles..
The huge orange aerial light that faces us directly and sits below the Senior Boys Hostel,was out last night and this morning...
A biggie activated over at the Servant's Quarters/Ablution Block, with a greenish tinge that lit up the concrete stairs to the Playing field. The usual suspects were active behind that...
I have not been aware of the speedy ticking sound from the monitoring equipment in my Masters patio. The sound he no doubt shrugs off as his 'pool cleaner' *laughs... We ARE still monitored and always will be... I would in fact, be lost without his company and the pressure in my ears that increases in different areas of our house...*grins and waves to her Captain happily...
I nearly forgot to tell you - I pulled in to Jay's house on the way home yesterday. Turns out he is NOT a Telkom Wimax Trialist and has certainly not signed any shifty confidentiality agreement...*hugs Jay and beams....
What is going to happen when my Master's monstrous renovations begin? Will we have power cuts and surges? Will they hastily replace the so clearly knackered pole at the same time?
Will I record the proceedings?
*collapses laughing....Fosho I will.......
---oOo---
Sunday 15th July 2007 at 1.12pm