Friday, July 27, 2007


CARVED ON A ROCK......
(begun thursday at 4.00am)
If I think it pertains to this Game, it will be blogged...*bares it's teeth....
It must have been around 9.00pm last night, when there was a sudden loud bang and a dog yelped out in pain. The GameWrecker actually beat me to the stairs as he headed up to the top.
We had both immediately thought a dog had been run over. But there was absolutely nothing to see, except the very top of the University tower block was once again active, meaning the chopper was out there busy busy busy.....Schedules and money....
So down we came again, leaving me to ponder whose dog it was that got smacked one way or another...
This morning, I realised I hadn't heard Nobby once during the night...*looks at that Bastion of Courage, her very own Captain Courageous, Dog-Lover of the Decade..... coincidence? *snorts...
Missus Courageous, as blogged, told me Bali got the 2 little white pups because he was lonely. The next time I saw her, she said they still hadn't decided on their names and that they had come from her sister.
I would aver that they were obtained in a rush of childish spite, purely for their yapability (sp) potential....*grins... I would further suggest that these now 3 dogs, will spend way more time alone and ignored, on my Controller's property, than loved and appreciated.... (apart from the sporadic training and encouragement they get in the Art of Barking Continuously...*winks at the fine Captain....
You simply cannot live in such close proximity to someone for 8 years and realise that they clearly have no interest or likeing for animals at all...*shakes its head....
So once again, a random guess.... was it Nobby that cried out last night? Why?
The Nokia screen this morning at 4.30am still showed a full signal and battery despite numerous texts sent and received yesterday... Will it last and behave for the trip today? We shall see....
I had noticed early on in the evening that the Control Room windows at St. Theresa's were all lit with a bright white light. Something completely different. By the time we went up to check on the dog situation, they were out....*puzzled...
Friday 27th July at 9.30am.
The road trip to visit the kid was wonderful... the volume of traffic was bearable, and I am absurdly grateful to Bali for the Nokia's good behaviour...*beams...
Were it financially viable, I would move to Rosetta tomorrow it is just so beautiful.. Of course, this is not possible, so I will continue instead, to count my many blessings here in the Zone...
Marshalled and bullied by dear Bali next door, to the extent that I would need counselling should he ever cease....*cackles...
The variety of visual entertainments laid on daily is astounding and I struggle to know where to begin here...
I was later than usual opening the gates for the GameWrecker yesterday evening. As I stood chatting to Sue, Missus Courageous arrived home and her electric gates swung open. The 2 little cuties shot out and went to her car on the verge. Great, I though, She will let them into the car and then drive onto her property so they don't get squished...*coughs.....
Alas, that was not how it happened.... As she reversed her car, the 2 puppies shot out into and up the road with the rush-hour traffic about them. Suffice to say, they survived this time....*shakes it's head again...
How simple it would be to slide that old door across the bottom of the stairs, shutting them out of harms way until the Brave Pair are home and parked...
Captain Courageous was already home and could have done this easily but - hang on - why on earth would he bother?? The puppies are merely additional pawns in the Game not so Bali? *hawks...
In the Unpleasant Department, I am merely a student at his feet and thats a fact....*laughing...
Interesting that the Plumbers wekkers still struggle so to break through the asphalt outside No. 14 (see great pics)
I spoke to young Gareth yesterday and he insisted that the work is being done at No. 16, and not their house..
Strange, as I have a good picture of work being done on Gareth's driveway INSIDE their property at No. 14 after the family have all gone to work.
Their gate key which Bernie so kindly offered to keep, to let the killer pack back in, should they escape?
That same key must be very useful for reasons other than just the dogs surely? *smiles...
The pictures of Freddie the Accountant's wife and a gentleman, measuring on their verge, were a bonus. I only realised they were there, when I focused on the Plumbers wekkers...*cackles..
Have I changed my tune about the water run-offs being redirected through the sewer system? Not at all. *laughs...
The changes already made by the road diggers attending to the (deliberately?) burst pipe recently (see pics) resulted in at least one major and startling difference...
standing at the top in the early hours on two consecutive mornings, I can clearly hear Bernie's toilet being flushed...*falls over laughing.... weirdness indeed... and a first in 31 years...
A nice picture of der Kommissar supporting his Soccer team in yesterday's Gazette... It will be laminated and added to my collection a s a p...*beams...
Does the chopper ever land in the field next to the Station? Does der Kommissar wear a flying helmet?
My addled mind never ceases to wonder at these mysteries and more....*cackles...
The picture of der Kommissar personally administering a breathaliser test to a very attractive young lady had me smiling as well.... perks of the job? *beams....
After 10.00am the chopper went by and at 10.25am Nobby and Fuji went bananas up on the road as - hmmm - the Rising Sun was delivered?
That aside, the so recent increase in dogs and dogs barking, has a contrived air of lameness about it, one that I have come to easily recognize as par for the course from those that would control the Zone...*yawns...
At 10.45am, I see the Village People Candidate, this time sans his construction worker helmet, but with his rifle at the ready, strolling casually along down by the storm water drain at the bottom of the valley, hoping to be seen.... *chortles...
No worries - we have der Kommissar's assurances that he will take care of matters like these, plus the fact that I have already dropped the pictures of this young man off personally at the Station, knowing that his Secretary at least, reads this blog....*smiles at Navi....
It could certainly be deemed very strange were he allowed to continue camping out here in the valley, openly carrying a rifle that most definitely looks as though it merits a licence.... *quizzical....
This particular blog will be, I think, printed out and handed to our Vice-Chair for her amusement.
11.05am and I sent the following text to both our Vice-Chair and der Kommissar:
"That armed guy is back down in the valley now. I left pics of him at SAPS for Com.N remember? Im not going to do anything this time. Just wanted you to know in case anything happens. J. 11.05am."
At 12.20pm, the chopper flew out of the west heading east to Brickfield Road. For one wild, demented second I thought he would circle the valley and flush out the gay looking gunman...*keels over laughing...
But no, the chopper looped back along Brickfield Road and headed off south on a mission of it's own....
So - there you have it.... we now have a possible GateKeeper and a Poser shootist lurking in the valley undergrowth. (photos of both by request) *grins...
My own personal adage of 'have no expectations, and you won't be disappointed' leaves me feeling quite content...*beams..
The weather is forecast to change dramatically later today. Will these two deliberate plants tough it out in the bush or will they scuttle back to their warm nests to primp for their next appearance? Your guess is as good as mine....*laughing...
Peace...
---oOo---
Friday 27th July 2007 at 1.26pm.