Tuesday, June 05, 2007


JUMP OVER THE SIDE.....
I surfaced groggily as the GameWrecker got back into bed just after 3.00am this morning... A siren was going off somewhere in the distance and I heard the little orange cat jump down quietly onto the kitchen floor....
I got up and fed him, and then went out onto the verandah.. the siren was coming from the freeway, and as I listened, it eventually headed slowly away towards the city.. I could still hear it faintly, half an hour later, over by Brickfield Road... A deliberate effort to win friends and influence people? *laughs....
Let's go back now, to yesterday...
At different times during the afternoon, Mo's house-alarm down at No. 2 had gone off. After the first time, I'd been to look, and smiled to see that the Captain was parked in his driveway.
They were starting the 'testing' earlier than usual....
It must eventually have been after 6.00pm when I took a stroll on the front lawn.
The wind was still blowing strongly but even above that, I could hear an enormous cricket chorus coming from the Convent...
Speak and it shall be given to you? *falls over laughing...
Lights of every hue blazed out from the top story of the Senior Boys Hostel facing across the Freeway to Mayville.
I stood for a while, listening and enjoying the prettyness (sp)of it all and then came back inside...
I spoke, laughingly, to Bali, out loud in the lounge, (he hears my every word), and less than 10 minutes later, the crickets had faded and stopped and the Boys Hostel lights had only one or 2 lights shining upstairs....*grins....Magic!
The Secretary of our CPF picked me up at 6.40pm to go fetch Sister Stephens for the Meeting.
The Convent gates were open so we drove right on in and up to Sisters quarters... I had barely rung the bell when a huge, flashy 4x4 truck pulled up a little distance away and the driver (unseen) began talking to the Security Guard who was standing there...Keeping a close eye on the toad? Fosho!!! *cackles....
Sister came out and said it was the Head of Security at the wheel of the truck... go figure that I got the Big Gun out! Imagination? Heh...I've been known to do crazy, unpredictable things in the past, so why would they take chances?
A quick canter down those stairs, through the foyer and out onto the front, facing our house, and a world of wireless would've been there for the taking *click......
Anyways, we had a fairly small, but most enjoyable CPF Meeting. No sign of an official SAPS representative until the Meeting was nearly over. Then a harrassed looking Captain Mani Murugan came in to join us...
Not someone I'd met before as I recall, but very pleasant and helpful...*beams at der Kommissar - nice save there!
Tis sad that our official SAPS liaison officer, Captain Calvin Bhopal, has so many other commitments, that he seldom appears at our Meetings nowadays, but cest la vie...*shrugs...
Not a Councillor in sight. I actually feel rather sorry for our ANC Councillor Baig these days. He clearly knows the writing is on the wall, and that dissatisfaction amongst our members is rife. His hands are, I'm betting, tied. *sigh....
We dropped Sister back at the Convent afterwards, in time to see the biggest orange moon ever, just lifting above the horizon.
The Secretary and I picked our way in the dark, into the top of the valley next to the Convent...
We could see part of the Freeway heading up to Westville and what a beautiful sight it was.
The new orange freeway lights blazed off into the distance...lovely stuff....
The Secretary had barely dropped me off at home, when a chopper came over and began circling the Convent...*smiles....
and yes, the aerial light on the top of Howard College was activated....Business as usual...*beams....
Much scuffling noises as I went down the stairs and Nobby came galloping to the gap in the fence to greet me. I looked over Bali's wall to see two tiny (Jack Russell?) puppies playing under the windy-dryer.
About the same size Sophie was when we first got her..
I was admittedly, fairly startled. Mon Capitano cannot be bothered with Nobby, and as so frequently blogged, takes little or no responsibility for him...and here we have another 2 dogs?
There is just no accounting for human nature...*shrugs...
I will inevitably fill you in on their treatment as time goes by... it is always possible Captain Courageous will find them cute enough to actually care about and look after them? *heaves with laughter...
I did manage to have a quick word with Cyril from No. 16, after the Meeting. I remarked about all the dogs going repeatedly nutz for a few days and he told me that his female dogs came into season and that No. 14's killer dog jumped the wall to access his property... so clearly, he hasn't bothered to have his females spayed....*sad...
This would certainly account for some of the nastier noises I hear, but not anything like the puzzled, anxious, cacophony of baying when the system is presumably being activated up in that section....*beams... Blame for so much is laid at the door of the female of the species....in this instance, I can only call it like I hear it and wait...*smiles...
It would certainly cheer me to find that the neighbourhood dogs are not being physically stressed by the Muni Data Theft program, but instead by a couple of uncared for beetches....*cackles...
Course, I've not heard the packs howling at all since blogging about it so it was a very short season period lasting only a week or so...hmm....
On the matter of the alleged pedophile Adrian Kingsley? (no, don't sigh - I told you I would gnaw it to the bone heh), Our Chair mentioned that der Kommissar appeared irritated when the matter was again raised at the GOCOC Meeting.
That by our writing to the Provincial Commissioner for assistance in apprehending this young man, we are somehow implying that our CPF has no faith in SAPS Sydenham's ability to solve the problem....*rolls its eyes....
However, at our previous CPF Meeting, we were told quite clearly that der Kommissar HIMSELF, had advised that we write a letter to the Provincial Commissioner regarding the pedophile...*der Kommissar's hectic schedule has resulted in forgetfulness?
As blogged several times previously, the matter of Adrian Kingsley may yet come back to bite the instigators of this latest theatrical production...*grins at Carol.....
Here's a long shot..... South Africa getting additional undersea cables? Has the SAS Protea, which has been spending a lot of time off Zinkwazi on the North Coast, got anything to do with the laying of undersea cables? Research it if you are interested... It is a survey ship belonging to the SA Navy and has a helipad on board.....
The chopper went over just after 10.am and again 5 minutes later...ohhh and a third time! *hops up and down waving to der Kommissar.... like they fly in a giant circle over the Freeway? What a treat for this toad....
A bunch of teens playing soccer over on the field and kids making the most of another school-free day...
The wind has yet to whip itself into a frenzy and the winter sun is deliciously warm.
Peace.....
---oOo---
Tuesday 5th June 2007 at 12.48pm.