Tuesday, June 12, 2007

HOPE REQUIRES THE CONTENDER
TO SEE NO VIRTUE IN SURRENDER......
(Begun Tuesday 12th June at 5.30am)
Just shows you really can't cut corners...
Such a small thing I chose to omit yesterday..
I heard one of mon Capitano's new pups shriek piercingly and went to see why...
they both looked fine and were gambolling (sp) about at the top of his drive with Nanny, oops I mean Nobby....
A close shave though and a matter of luck neither were squished like poor Douglas the Daschund from No. 11.... the Heroic One was leaving smartly in his Beemer....
Unusual? Well yes... 7.20am is a marked difference to his usual departure time..
15 minutes later, I see he is back again so - a nip to the garage shop for milk? Or a jump down to Kasim's at No. 2 to fix a glytch in the system? You know which one I vote for....*cackling...
Whatever the problem was, I'm betting it resulted in the pseudo Parks wekkers hanging out down in the valley for the day, yesterday.... *beams...
Checking co-ordinates? Doing semaphore to the droogs at the Ablution Block/Servant's Quarters? Fosho they were! *grins...
Hmm.. the only visible difference I saw at 4.50am today, while on the Orbitrek... was a fat orange port-a-light that now looks directly at me while I exercise.... still up at the Servant's quarters...
If they did any actual cutting back other than my mulberry tree, a few branches off the fever tree at the bottom, and lopping off one of the trees Manusha Arbuckle so kindly replanted for us, below Bali's...it was a lot... (and the last mentioned may or may not have been done prior to yesterday. Tis just the first time I noticed it..pfft...)
But I have to ask.... why dress the dudes up like that? The whole theatrical bit? Why could they not just come in their usual unmarked white bakkie and check the Line of Sight with a couple of cutters in tow? Ai - in the Spirit of ongoing Stealth no doubt....*chokes..
To avoid having their pictures taken? Well, that didn't work heh... all so silly..
The only picture I was really happy with is certainly not identifiable as anyone in particular. It merely proves my point about having a pale-face among the genuine workers *snorts....
You guys certainly need have no worries on that score...*grins..
The little white and blue SAPS chopper was busy over the Freeway at 8.10am.
I looked out to see that the same crew of smart 'Parks' wekkers had assembled across the valley, under the gumtrees this morning at 8.35am. They were actually cutting back shrubs and lopping off branches.... all for the Direct Line of Sight...*smiles
I figure that ultimately, my albums will merely be a compilation of 'Spot the Difference' pictures...
I date them, and put the time they were taken, as soon as they are printed and it makes for interesting viewing.
I've probably asked this before (repitition in the elderly is permissable). When the Muni took over St Theresa's Orphanage and School, (yes, probably under the guise of some ficticious company), was permission granted to utilise the Church itself?
If this is so, who gave permission?
A lay person or some Roman Catholic Bigwig? Having boarded at an RC Convent for many years in my youth, I attended countless church services in their little church. They appeared to revere their churches as much as the next denomination so....*curious...
If the RC Bishop of Durban (or whoever is the Head down this way), did grant permission for Wireless aerials to be placed inside the tower and LCD sensors? on the church, what enormous sweetner was given in return?
My photos may well be amateurish (course, I'm fairly sure you have seen them all by now), but it cannot be denied they clearly reveal these enhancements....*shrugs.... Sister Stephens gave me the impression that only the school and orphanage had been handed over...certainly not the church.... was she misinformed?
The GameWrecker said he felt a bit better today though is still being very cautious as he goes about his business...
The dizziness wore off yesterday as the day went by... always an improvement to one's health, when OUT of the Zone? *cackles...
Any freelancers about here? You might like to take a drive down Mo's little access road to Number 2 Harris Crescent...
What exactly are they doing up against his valley wall ? Some digging has been done and one of the photos taken yesterday reveals a wekker....*beams...
Oh, and you could possibly tell me too, the very strange looking burglar repellant fencing added to the top of Kasim's valley wall.... WTF are those struts made of? *sigh....
Yeah - way too many questions and doubtful I would understand even if it were explained to me....
*wonders if Kasim is showing any physical signs of wear and tear yet.....
Later still:
I had a look at yesterday's Mercury, Page 4....
That Arch Prevaricator, Mike Sutcliffe is at it again...*collapses laughing....
A brave Glen Anil resident (Terry Holmes), has raised the issue of why the public are expected to cut back on electricity useage, while the Muni leave large sections of lights burning during daylight hours for months at a time...
Would Mr. Holmes care to view my photo albums?
Was it for nearly 2 years? that our series of streetlights burned 24/7? A section that had never had cable theft in the 30 years i've lived here? *cackles....
This, despite repeatedly contacting the relevant authorities .. all my letters on the matter remained unanswered as well....
Pull the other one Herr Doktor Sutcliffe! Why not come straight out with it and tell your not-so-adoring public the real reason so many lights are left on... that as you raise the consumers rates to astronomical levels, Billions are being poured into the Data-Theft Program...*shrieks with laughter...
I predicted that the excuses would become lamer as time went by and here you have a classic..."to prevent cable theft" and "they do not consume much electricity" ....pfftt...
Leading by example is not on your list of things to do, right?
Fascinating times these are indeed. We have a Communist-leaning City Manager dealing closely with Druglords, Rotten Apples, Common Crackers and a fully-armed Muslim Enclave...and thats just in Sherwood!... All for the good of ...what?
Missus Courageous rang a while ago. Would we sign consent to their upcoming double-garage AND loft room? Frankly, I would do anything to keep my Controller happy *grins...
But, in retrospect...I believe I shall ask for a small compromise...
I will ask specifically that NO spotlight shines directly onto our property (laughs..) and that our side path green door is raised some 4 feet higher using bricks or blocks or whatever, before your building begins... Privacy! *and falls down laughing....
yes, well, we go through the motions do we not? *beams happily...
It would take YOUR bricklayers very little time to achieve and the plasterer you used for your kitchen alterations was Mr. Speedy himself so....
Certainly an unorthodox request but one which I suggest you consider before mon Capitano throws his toys from his cot...
Tis a small enough matter considering the benefits you will reap from the additions.... Deal?
If both Basil and the GameWrecker were to refuse to consent to these alterations I have no doubt they would go ahead regardless....*chortles...
However, tis the neighbourly thing to do in spite of recalling how long Captain Courageous persisted in trying to deliberately drive us out with his stereo and partying....
Now that I am for some weird reason, allowed to remark publicly here on his behaviour...(whether believed or not), it may make just a tiny difference to the outcome of this latest upgrade.....
We shall see.....
So I ask the Courageous couple to discuss this fully before bringing the consent forms over to be signed....
Peace....
---oOo---
Tuesday 12th June 2007 at 12.14pm.
PS: This minute I had such a nice call from Bert up the road. *wishes Bali would take notes on how to be a pleasant neighbour.....

PSS: I was wondering whether Missus C. recalls me telling her that when No. 12 (now Freddie's Lair), built up, they kindly agreed not to put windows in the side that overlooked their immediate neighbours. A common courtesy I believe and twill be interesting to see what they have planned..
I have, to be safe as always, NO expectations..... *beams....