Thursday, May 31, 2007

SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER OVERLOAD....
toady's Big Day Out today....(begun at 5.45am)
The GameWrecker is kindly taking me up to Marianhill in an attempt to renew my licence as per Government Scam No. 634500087 *grins...
From the blogging perspective, it may prove interesting....
*packs its tent, thermos, bluebottle-fly tartlets and take two Valium before heading out....
Later:
Flo made it by 8.10am which is pretty good considering its a 2-bus trip from Amaoti.
We arrived at the Marianhill Licencing offices by 8.25am to find it fairly quiet. About 50+ people queueing and moving steadily past the 3 operative cashiers..*beams...
Happily, the computer system didn't crash when my name was finally entered and the whole process only took an hour. Headsup to the Staff who were so polite (a couple were even cheerful!). Even the suckers queueing to be parted from their money, were smiling and chatty.. Amazing.
My old man dropped me off at home and I headed back up to do my grocery shopping.
I had some prints done. Very pleased with St. Theresa's church tower so clearly showing the dull orange aerial light ON at 8.00am... (which it was again this morning).
Are we still talking WiFi here? That beauty must surely reach a considerable distance? Hmm....
Then off to the Farmer's Market to load up on watercress, peppers, butternut etc. The produce is certainly fresher and often cheaper, but so good that I end up spending more than I intended every time.
Back to Westville Mall and I flew in and spoke to J. Turns out their big laser printer has been taken down and will cost like, R48ks to replace/repair... Daily wear and tear? *laughs cynically.... indeed I think not... very little effort required to isolate and surge a single item repeatedly, as so ably demonstrated by mon Capiton over the years....*winks at Bali....
I asked J to check my FlashDrive that so clearly showed 2 High Risk viruses last Saturday. Hardly surprising to find that its been wiped clean....*falls over cackling...
Every picture I had - gone *poof*!
Again, I am momentarily awed by my own self-importance...bwaahhaaaa....
As if I needed further proof of Captain Courageous' prowess heh.../whois FlipDeezy...
Cream of the Cracker Crop indeed *smiles warmly at Bali....
Such luck that you clean forget about the disc from 2005! *mops its wrinkled brow....
So anyways, its time to head home and I nip along into Kings Avenue in Westville and joy of joys.... what do I find? Pretty much outside No. 15 (well, it was nearly opposite No. 18 on the other side), is the Telkom droog busily attaching a white, so-called 'wireless' box to a pole. His distinctive red fabric ties holding the ladder onto the bakkie roof...*collapses laughing... Not a cool place to stop or I would've whipped out the camera, but instead I tooted and waved as I sailed by snorting...
As I came down Harris Crescent, I'd managed to get a grip in time to see several dodgy water run-offs.... A small but inexplicable one just above the Madressa and of course the usual lake poured out from No. 64 Harris Crescent. *grins..
Was 64 not the same property where I was fortunate to meet King? The chap who said he had worked for the Mthinyane Contractors and the Muni at Mr. Essay's house? At the time I spoke to him, he said he was 'guarding' number 64... pft....
A given then, that there would ultimately be run-offs if the corrupt Muni workers were involved...
Though the latest, laughably high rates increases may temporarily stun you - it should ultimately mean affordable Wireless Internet...happy? Of course along with that, goes the end of any privacy you may have had....*shrugs...
Small wonder Captain Courageous is having additions to his property. He needs somewhere to store the mountains of thefted material he is downloading every day. *cackles.... Material you may well consider innocuous, but that may prove invaluable someday, to a prospective buyer....*grins...
I have to applaud the good guys up at the Station... the Patrol van is highly visible and has been for the last couple of days.
When we left at rush hour this morning, the kindly Captain Panday with 2 other officers, was patrolling up by the Treasurer's house... a most reassuring sight....*smiles..
The chopper? Why, that little beast has buzzed my house Twice since I remarked here, that it seldom flies directly overhead anymore....*chortles...
I Love you guys!!! The Good, the Bad and even the downright Ugly!
When I pulled into my garage just before noon, I quietly looked down out of my garage window to see Bali's wekker dude on his toes checking out over the wall into Basil's front property.. WTF? Course he will have thoroughly checked this side out as well ja.... another of your dodgy contacts mon ami? Pfftt....
I'm still really curious about last weeks undelivered Weekly Gazette... What exactly did I miss? Today's issue has another nice picture of Inspector Tiger Naidoo for my fridge (a really nice guy BTW) and a follow-up report on the dodgy business of Adrian Kingsley, alleged child rapist....*sigh...
Its not going to go away guys - it Really isnt.... what ever Carol's motives were for bringing it to the CPF, we are going to stick with it. Missing dockets, someone else's precinct? sure, sure....is the dude a stooge/patsy, or a bloke who genuinely needs shutting away?
Peace.
---oOo---
Thursday 31st May 2007 at 1.52pm