Wednesday, May 02, 2007

RIGHT ON THE MONEY.....(begun Wednesday at 4.15am)
The MotherShip Lives!!!! Fred is back from his holiday break and his upstairs monitor is on in the window... Everything pretty much back to normal this morning here in the Valley of the Damned... er.. well no, not quite...
Since yesterday's muffled and furtive changes were made to the Captains property (under the pretext of having a braai which turned out to be the quickest braai in history) there HAS been a difference...
After the power was so graciously restored at 8.15pm last night, I went up to enjoy the view from the top. I suddenly heard a huge cascade of water and looking down, discovered it was gushing from somewhere outside the Captain's kitchen, and running down his path...exactly where from I couldnt see...
I went back down to call the GameWrecker to come see but as always by the time he had dithered sufficiently, the water had been stopped...
Something woke me just after 11.00pm and I couldnt figure out what it was, so got up to find more copious amounts of water thundering down noisily by the Captains back door! I am not talking about a trickle here.... it was enough to wake me only a couple of hours after going to bed...
I shut the window and went back to bed....
This morning, all is quiet... As I went up the stairs, out of the blue, the nausea again flooded me...
this is getting ridiculous and it is way past time I cut back on what is now alas, almost chain-smoking... If it is not the nicotine affecting me the alternative is too grim to think about...though I am very curious as to why he would deliberately being running off all that water....*puzzled...
I briefly mentioned in my previous blog about taking and storing samples of tap water for possible analysis ....
See, since Sue the Books visit yesterday -the picture I have of the Heroic One has changed somewhat.....
Later at 10.30am: I had a call earlier from our previous CPF Chairman who lives higher up Harris Crescent and was freaking out because the power was STILL not back up their way. He wanted our elusive Councillor Baig's contact numbers...*shrieks with laughter...
the unfortunate Councillor is merely a bit-player and puppet for the Dark Forces at work in the area.. what can I say...*sigh
I suggest that all who can, invest in gas camping cookers and lights would be the next best bet. Its going to be a long hard 5 years. The wealthy should buy generators for sure.
I read in yesterday's Mercury, that of all the horrendous rates hikes about to hit consumers, the water rates will be the highest... *looks at Bali and wonders about the water run-off he is doing...more red-herrings or is the Missus insisting on it?
The chopper flew over earlier giving me a wide berth..heh..*beams at der Kommissar....
Corrections: Adrian Kingsley is very much still in the neighbourhood. Sue the Book was greeted politely as he strolled by her house a few days ago....
Today, a day AFTER the Freedom Day Function up on the playing field... there were schoolchildren playing almost all day on and off on the field.....some change has been made to the system that makes it safer for them?
I went out just after dark this evening and the orange light was fully on over at the Ablution Block? And a new light up at the Senior Boys Hostel? I must go out just now and see whether Freddie has activated my own personal orange light....
I logged on this evening and headed over to #trivia.... but no connection for this toad heh...my Java was updated in a single bound as I watched helpless and since then I am unable to connect to any server vis the searchirc site....
Captain Courageous is displaying signs of unease for sure *beams..... quite amazing how nervous he gets after I have actually been talking out in #trivia..... why would that be? After all, he has spent some considerable time accusing ME of being a liar heheh... poor boy.....
---oOo---
Wednesday 2nd May 2007 at 7.28pm