Thursday, May 24, 2007

PUTTING MY FOOT IN IT....
(Begun Wednesday night at bedtime..)
I was just re-reading the tail end of my previous blog, and as a result, awarded myself a Noddy Badge for once again being a Grade-A cretin....*cackles...
The hectoring tone I adopt when speaking here to Allen Spence, erstwhile Projects Manager and Initiator of the Wireless/Powerline Data-Theft Tests back in 2004, is really, even for me, DUMB!
I totally delude myself that he gives a toss....*falls over laughing...
Someone has to be advising Captain Courageous regularly. Unless my Hero has managed to obtain his Electrical Engineering Certificate in the past 3 years...(not impossible, see Chippy Shaik)..*grins....
All the little extras we are given? Bali wings it? No - he has to have assistance at some point and I'm certain red-eyed Al is only too happy to oblige...
I mentioned ages ago that all the LEDS and even the streetlights and their amazing silver bands were computer controlled... that the strength and intensity of these various lights could be adjusted at will by Captain Courageous....
I was out on the verandah in the dark a few mornings back, doing the Orbitrek. As I watched and walked, a rectangle of luminous-green light suddenly appeared (about 3ft x 4ft) on the bottom of our valley pre-cast wall...*poof*...just like that! *smiles....
I finished up on the machine and went down in the dark for a closer look. Actually right down on my hands and knees among the spathyphillum (sp) in the interests of Line of Sight.
The only possible source of that new and bright patch of light was our very own streetlight up on the road. When I went out again just before 6.00am (still pitch dark), it had vanished almost entirely.
Now tell me Captain dear? Did you hit the wrong button or was it deliberate? Why exactly were you upping the strength to that extent at that time of day?
Could it be anything to do with the Telkom droog making such hasty adjustments to both Freddie's Wireless box in the valley and to the circuit breaker on Clive's roof right next door? To try and ensure that whatever you do to us, remains at our house and doesnt affect No. 10?
You begin to see now why any suggestion that Allen Spence, (now grandly elevated to Superintendent of Electricity for Durban), has some sort of conscience, is utterly ludicrous. *laughs...
I would in fact, suggest that Al himself is talking Bali through a step by step, Fix The Toad plan, on a regular basis. The Muni Plumber up on the verge took great pains to tell me that wireless signal emissions were harmless and that of far greater concern was your average streetlight pole and the power running through it.... and then I get the demonstration on my front lawn before 5.00am? *falls over laughing....
In view of this latest development, I think Allen Spence would fit in perfectly with the Rotten Apples, the Druglord and all the rest of the Corrupt here in Sherwood....*chuckles.... quite one of the lads indeed....
As a nerd, he probably feels that his life is really exciting at the moment (and that it certainly is), and dealing with one old troublesome woman and her clueless old man is a perk?
So our power line is once again being manipulated, but this time with rather more serious intent than merely surging our PC and other assets....*smiles grimly...
How the huge hole dug in the road two houses up from us, ties in with this new and rather sinister turn of events, is anyone's guess....
Am I afraid yet? Eh - you KNOW the answer to that....
With the almost animal senses I possess (not necessarily an asset), the slightest pain is magnified a hundredfold and I am certainly under the weather to put it mildly...
The pain has me whinging volubly from dawn til dark and beyond...*cackles...
But, am I afraid of YOU lot? *shows its teeth..... You have got to be kidding!....
I have more courage in my big toe than the whole sorry band of you put together *shrieks with laughter.... Nope - I didnt say grey matter, thats for sure heheh.... but I regard you all as a uniform, glow-in-the-dark Yellow, and will continue to blog you as such for as long as I am able....
Its Wednesday night as I write this.... 10pm and Bali began the evenings wireless testing earlier than usual.
The dips to our electricity system are laughable and the dogs up at No. 14 and 16 are doing their intermittant communal freakout.
I went up the top a while ago and was fortunate to see Bert up and about, silhouetted against his lovely hall light..*winks.... I sent Missus Bert an sms expressing my relief immediately *beams...
I anticipate another wakeful night. The GameWrecker conceded tonight that he Could see the 2 brightest LEDS on Bali's streetlight pole, but as always, showed absolutely no interest in why or what they were there for... *shrugs...
Now Thursday at 12.30pm noon:
The GameWrecker announced this morning that there was a very strong smell of chlorine about the tap water. As the burst pipe was fixed back on Saturday 19th May (some 6 days ago?) surely he is imagining things?
I do not plan to stop drinking my 2 litres of tap water each day despite it possibly being contaminated...*grins...
My insatiable curiosity drives me on, in spite of having barked up more wrong trees than I can remember.....
A wonderful, cool, sunny day to be out and about, so I popped two pills (ack) to hold my back together, and headed off to the shops...
I was somewhat relieved to see not the usual one, narrow piece of ochre-coloured cloth hanging in Berts front bedroom window, but 2.... they still however, barely cover the window..
May I ask why it is that Captain Courageous' entire valley facing window is covered by this particularly ugly coloured material with not a chink left open? Missus Courageous is a tad more concerned than Missus Bert?
I will hope to shortly see a similar arrangement on Bert's windows... IMO he and his family are way more vulnerable than my Lord of Lords, if only due to the elevated status of their property... FFS Bali!! Your lot are becoming careless in your total arrogance! Tis like the whole valley is holding its breath, waiting for another nasty cock-up like Basil, to happen....
I am quite serious about using the dogs to illustrate my allegations.... You had best work on a plausible story to cover this eventuality. Hopefully, it will be better than the excuse given on the radio News this morning for the current spate of power outtages here in Durban...*snorts...
The wekkers are refusing to put in the overtime? If this were true I would be really chortling.... the chaos that ensued as the Scheme ground to a halt would be wondrous to see....
Bite the bullet people.... this is only the beginning... stock up on warm socks, gas cookers, candles and good books and you will ride it out just fine....*beams...
The grass under the birdtray is carpetted with frets, laughing doves and weavers. A large black and white butterfly spent some time flying around me here on the verandah, before moving on.
When I recall all the pesticides I used to use when spotting just one caterpillar, I could spit.... Waste...
Before I forget - as I stepped out onto the verandah after 4.30am this morning, an overwhelming stench of human faeces hung in the air... it dissipated within minutes...
I noticed a similar pong the other day and it appeared to be coming up from the Captain's servants quarters...
Tis not something that particularly bothers me, though I doubt it would please Missus Courageous were there a glytch found in your sewage line? *smiles in neighbourly fashion.....
Otherwise..... is it time to do a door to door poll and seek out other residents who have suddenly acquired back problems and inexplicable cramps in their extremities? Who have dogs that are behaving strangely? Excrutiating headaches?
Surely this is of as much interest to the boffins as it is to me? Or not....*sigh....
My Captain set off happily just after 1.30pm noon towing his jet-ski... I am indeed pleased to see that he has not forgotten how to have fun (a fun that doesn't involve being vile to old toads heh).
May I venture to hope that the jetski is taken out into the breakers and NOT the so horrifically polluted Bay, and of course, that he has invested in a full body wet-suit...brrrr! A Grandma's Boy indeed!....*winks at the Weasel.....

Much later:

I met Alice at the top when I went up at 5.00pm to open the gates. We chatted idly and then she told me that she is having terrible problems with pins and needles in her hands lately! To the point where they feel like they are on fire. Deja vu here.... Before you glibly brush it aside as old age ? Their son Bradley complained of the same thing this morning...

I have begged her to keep an eye on Basil and to watch like a hawk for cramps in the legs and headaches. She will let me know and I will blog it here.
I have also suggested she tell me if anything untoward happens in the next month. From uninvited visitors and hijackings to burnouts of electrical appliances..

I finally know how the Game is played here in the Zone....*snorts...

The 200ks compensation you lot owe Basil is increasing by the minute. The same applies to Sue the Book and Penny.
WTF are you doing??? We went through all this crud in 2005 and you seem to have achieved Nothing but damaged residents pfft.... *looks at Missus C and reminds her that although she no doubt despises us all, should she ever need us, we are here for her... I fear My Controller has fried one too many of his own brain cells.....*grimness...


---oOo---
Thursday 24th May 2007 at 3.09pm