Tuesday, May 15, 2007


NO COWARD SOUL IS MINE....
Something shrieked and Nobby barked just once and then I was properly awake.... only 3.20am and faint wekker noises from the Freeway..
The air was still as I opened the courtyard door... I started up the stairs and a sound like huge raindrops starting to fall... it took me what seemed like ages to realise it was the wind sprung up in the tops of the trees...heh
Its the strangest thing to stand still in the thick, unmoving air and feel and hear it as it begins to move....
Chi and Thomas bounded up the stairs ahead of me in the dark...
It was fairyland over on the Freeway. The best of the lights were partially hidden behind the giant ficus trees but enough can be seen to make a beautiful sight...
Chi jumped up onto the GameWrecker's car roof and then ducked hastily as the big fruit bat dived low overhead...
I wondered how long the blue light over at Entabeni Hospital had been out... could've been weeks as my reporting skills are notoriously weak...
I went back up the top at about 4.00am but by then most of the lightshow had trundled away, leaving only the orange flashers to tie up the ends....
I've not seen Bert at his post on the verandah for a while... it doesn't mean he's not there though... a couple of weeks ago the huge root system of one of the beautiful trees destroyed in his garden was strategically rolled onto the front flower bed...*laughs... like a giant radish it sits blocking his verandah doorway from my beady eyes quite satisfactorily....
Alternatively, he has found a safer vantage point? His son has suggested a back room? I would dearly love to engage him in conversation...
Are his legs bothering him much more than usual? His joints screaming? Does he feel constantly nauseous? All valid questions as he is truly in the eye of the storm...
Did he sign some sort of indemnity form on moving in? Like a Death Warrant? *eyebrows up......
I hope to see him working happily in his garden again soon. Thats about the only thing that would allay my fears right now...*sigh...
Such a marvellous scheme this is and deaths and illness shrugged off easily as the natural consequences of age heheh... handy....*nods to the red-eyed and no doubt by now balding Purveyor of Evil, Mistuh Allen Spence...
The so-called white 'wireless' box aka our bedroom monitor has been very discreet of late... a deliberate move or are you just too busy to perve, mon Capitan? *grins.....
I've not seen anything different on Fred's white valley box since it was adjusted last week by the Telkom droog....
According to the Sunday Tribune (13th May, Page 12) there is a strong possibility that our pint-sized cat burglar Foco, (mentioned in previous blogs), will be back down in Durban for the holidays.... *I TOLD you so.....
I got in touch with our CPF Chair after reading the article and he is making enquiries....
I imagine the Corrupt that employ his services here so advantageously, are missing him already..*cackles.... who knows - I may even get to meet him myself...stranger things have happened *winks at the Rotten Apples....
I went upstairs at lunchtime yesterday - an unusual time for me I admit - and spied a guy lying prone on the grassland under the gumtrees at about the same time he spotted me ... He sat up smartly and fished out a newspaper and pretended to be absorbed in it....
The resulting pictures are pretty darned good if I say so myself *laughs....
I sometimes wonder if you have underestimated this little camera's capabilities... or could it be the Queen of Tard's abilities? *shrieks....
It is disappointing that it can't do such amazing pictures in the dark, but the results of the nightime shots are perfectly adequate for my album...*smiles...
All the kak in the Press regarding street name changes? Merely another distraction engineered by that bosom-buddy of the Corrupt, Mike Sutcliffe.
He certainly can't have people paying attention to all the digging of roads and decorating of streetlights, so lets rather stir up a political confrontation over street names...*hawks and spits....
This morning the Recreation Centre was alight along with the orange port-a-light slung over the wall below. This time silhouetting a huge tree in the park. The GameWrecker said he wasn't feeling right this morning....go figure.... (nice picture)
The big orange light on the Ablution block was activated.
Later: Reading the May issue of the self-congratulatory and smug Metro Beat this morning to find yet another good citizen (read nuisance), writing to complain about the lights being left on...*yawns...
The reminder sent out from Eskom to be smarter with our electrical consumption? What utter bollox! In reply, the charming Rudolph Mhlope trots out the same tired party line as always.... Lights that burn all day are due to theft and vandalism.... *falls over laughing...
Um okay Rudi - hows about the streetlights on Jan Hofmyer Road at the entrance to Northcliff Avenue in Westville? *laughs grimly.... If I were to go into Northcliff would I find visible water run-offs? I'm betting the answer is yebo....*beams...
The overhead light/lights always on, on the Freeway Bridge here at Sherwood? Theft and vandalism? Raait... The Department is doing all it can to minimize theft and vandalism? *shakes its head...
No Rudi, you have it the wrong way round dear - your Department is working flat out to SET UP its Theft & Vandalism Scheme via Wireless and the Power Lines..*wipes the tears from its eyes....it's these gems that keep me going....
A magnificent black goshawk landed smack on the bird tray yesterday afternoon and we looked at each other briefly before he flew into the mulberry tree...
Early on Saturday morning a huge gymnogene had perched on the tip of the fir tree next door... Happily the bird life seems unaffected by the EMF in the valley and surrounds.
Unlike the bees and frogs and strangely enough, the cockroaches....
Bees have been done already so hows about a thesis on the affects of EMF on amphibians and cockroaches? No? *sighs....
I have at this point to own to more stupidity. It seems so long ago that skydog asked me on skype if Collin aka Captain Courageous' roof at No. 6 was blue and I said yes...*laughs at the memory...
Course it was Basils at No. 2 with the blue roof but the damage was easily done...
and now we have more of the same..... I have consistently given Bert the Shrewd's street address as 9 Harris Crescent and just noticed this morning that of course those houses across the road have always been strangely numbered... So, in the interests of rubber-neckers nationwide, the correct numbers are:
Sue the Book at Number 5, Harris Crescent,
Charles at Number 11 and Bert at Number 17.. Believe it or not.
*slaps itself about the head...
I hear Bert has carefully informed his neighbour that he has a large family that visit him..*laughs... Be that as it may, I would venture to guess the majority of his visitors belong to the Brotherhood of the Muni Illuminati and are not related by birth at all....neat...
After lunch:
Taking in the sights at the top with Sophie when a Telkom bakkie pulls up next door at No. 10. A nice picture and when I check, yes tis the same reg. number vehicle that came and adjusted Fred's white box last week....the one with the distinctive red ties on it heheh....
I watch as the droog climbs his ladder to where the phone line runs into the house and spends 10 minutes fiddling with the wires... excellent pictures and as I already have a closeup of that particular connection in my album (yes, from way back heh), you can clearly see where he has made changes.... fascinating....*beams...
---oOo---
Tuesday 15th May 2007 at 1.35pm