Friday, May 18, 2007


THE LIGHTS ARE ON, BUT NO-ONES HOME......
Fallout after my adventures yesterday or mere coincidence? I woke at 3.00am with my befokte hand on fire... by 3.20am I gave up and got up and went straight out onto the front lawn to see what had woken me so fiercely....Nada.
No moon and the valley darker than pitch.
Has the Incredible Wandering Port-a-Light found a corner that I can't see? Quite possible. Alternatively, it was hastily switched off as i stepped out onto the front verandah...pfft...
The only sound was the swift, clear and tiny ticking of the box tucked into Captain Courageous' patio. The box I could see had a green light on the side facing our house...*sigh
The same box that was so quickly moved out of sight after I had clearly shown an interest in it.
Whatever my Master chooses to say if questioned, it is certainly not his pool cleaner *falls about laughing.... Though why would he deny it? After all, he has permission to continue invading our privacy from some Very influential people...*winks at the Earl of Sherwood.....
The success of the Data-Theft Scheme is assured... circumstance has aided them to a huge degree... the GameWrecker's genuine flaws i.e. colourblind and a perforated eardrum since childhood? Such luck!
Sister Stephens' inability to see lights clearly burning in the bright sunlight when they have no business to be on? It explains a great deal as to how she doesn't see what is right before her eyes....*smiles....
I was prepared to shrug off the dull yellow light burning in the church tower after 11.00am, and the two smaller sparkly lights below that, as part of the RC Ascenscion Day (spelling) celebrations...
Sister Stephens however, denied that she could see any lights on at all, though we were only a few hundred yards from the church itself.
Is that what brought the officious Marie-Therese Naidoo down the driveway so smartly? My clear interest in the church tower? *cackles.... No worries Missus Naidoo - if the good Sister can't see them, and I am merely a crazed and delusional old toad, there is not a problem.
I am nonetheless, still intrigued at the feeling of stealth and furtiveness constantly surrounding this Magnificent Project.
Surely, if it is backed by Eskom, Telkom, the Municipalities (Allen Spence) and the Law, so to speak, there is no need for all the shiftiness I see?
Certainly some of their antics are purely red-herrings, deliberately done to see the toad struggle and sweat to make sense of it all.... but I do not delude myself that I am the main reason for the pervading stench of rottenness that hangs so thickly here over the valley and its surrounds....
Will the rage that my continued plodding interest causes, harm innocent residents? Very likely it will indeed, but again - what proof will there be? Zip, zilch, nada. *shakes its head.....
the fact that eggs must be broken to make this omelet must of been factored in to the Scheme at the very beginning....*looks at the so-called Superintendent of Electricity for Durban, the smug and red-eyed Allen Spence, and wonders how he sleeps..... Quite probably as soundly and dreamlessly as an innocent babe pfft...
An arrogant, judgemental boffin heh...
No water pressure worth mentioning this morning. I finally went up at 5.15am to see loads more water had run from the so-called repaired pipe overnight. If I had gone up before 4.00am I'm betting it would still have been running down the road.
Bert was at his post on the verandah. The Rec. Centre lights were on. Some of the orphanage 'smart windows' were twinkling prettily.
The hectic orange light nearest us at the Senior Boys Hostel was on and something was shining behind the gum trees in the parkland across the valley...interesting.
By 5.30am every upstairs room at the Hostel was alight in all different colours and lovely to see....
The GameWrecker showed me yesterday's Daily News (17th May), headlines last night but I've not yet had time to read the article. Councillor Peter Peplar is quoted apparently.
Do I smell hook, line and sinker here? Baited, fed and played like a trout?
Alas, the Councillor is a self-confessed technophobe and thus at a crippling disadvantage in this particular Game. Let me read what he has to say and get back to you later....*smiles...
Later:
My word but what a bonus the good Councillor Pepler has unwittingly given the Corrupt! *falls over laughing.... the headline alone will have those dirty hands clapping happily....
"Big Brother's NOT Watching You" That is a classic!
Hopefully the irony is not lost on any who venture here to read my scribblings...
Apparently, the City's multimillion-rand CCTV system is not being properly monitored heh.... Well doh! I've tried from the getgo to point out that the Crooked cannot possibly monitor everyone at all times. It is merely that when this Data-Theft scheme is finally installed throughout SA in anything up to 5 years time, it will be a doddle for the 'authorities' to tap into every aspect of an individual's privacy...wake up people!
For whatever reason, be it purely for revenge and a laugh as in my case, or idle curiosity, or the genuine suspicion of law-breaking...you Will be owned!
I predict that huge money will change hands as secrets are bought and sold and paybacks executed via power systems...*beams...
You won't be able to prove anything. Your TV will behave badly. You could lose numerous electrical items. Your PC will be monitored and both your landline and your cellphone will drive you up the wall. My cell this morning? Full signal and battery and yet switched itself off after receiving a text from Royce Love *falls over cackling......
Speaking of whom - there is a chance there may be a happy ending in sight for young Marty as we call him. The little ginger and white cat thats been coming into our house after we have gone to bed to thieve the cats food left out....
Iris said ages ago that she thought it belonged to Royce who lived behind her, and who has since moved up to Pinetown.
I finally got hold of Royce yesterday (not without my landline giving me huge uphill first *winks at Bali....
Turns out that he is an honourable man and has even had Marty neutered..*applauds.....
He says he will try and get hold of a cat trap and we will attempt to ambush the rebel and return him to Royce at his new home....fingers crossed.
The digger was back up in the Crescent by 7.30am and I guess it's going to tear up the entire road down this end. We managed to stock up with plenty of water before it was turned off again, so no worries....*smiles.
Elderly people do seem to fare better as the country slides back into the Dark Ages..... Candles and paraffin lamps and buckets of water were around long before all the techno marvels. It's like riding a bike and you never forget how its done....
Later:
It's 9.45am and I hear der Kommissar and his sirenspeak as he goes by...another beautiful day here in the Zone with a stiff North Easter picking up fast...
An articulate and biting little letter on Page 13 of the Daily News 17th May had me chuckling...."Let's get behind Arde for Mayor"
ahh if only I had such a way with words....*sigh...
And:
it's 12.15pm and I just went back up to find the Crescent has now been closed off to traffic.
They have dug an enormous hole well over halfway across the road, outside Bert's house at no. 17!
*sniffs the air..... why go so far out from the waterline? What on earth can they be doing almost across the other side of the road? As usual a bunch of contractors are doing the job and could well be working for anyone, least of all the Water Department... Nice pictures for my album....*grins...
---oOo---
Friday 18th May 2007 at 1.10pm

PS: I went up at 5.00pm to open the gates and there was a Water system repair bakkie still sitting parked on the verge across the road. I trotted over and asked the dude what stage the repairs had reached. He was waiting for the digger to come fill in the holes apparently. A really pleasant guy and very chatty so of course we got talking. He tried to explain to me that Wireless signals on the ground are way too weak to ever affect Jetliner controls going overhead. Whew.....ok.
He works for the Metro Water section so is not a contractor at all and legitimate...another whew haha... gawd this fekkin paranoia has got me in a grip heh.... laters *grins.....