Thursday, May 17, 2007

I TOLD YOU I WAS TROUBLE......
Seems to me that there is no hard and fast pattern you follow? The lights/aerials that are activated change on a daily basis ja? Are you searching for the perfect set-up? Are notes kept and one day a specific setting/frequency will be chosen permanently, or will it always change according to weather conditions etc?
Last week for a while, we were back on the flightpath for Louis Botha. How come all this electronic stuff doesn't mess with the airliners controls? *puzzled....
The Port-a-Light slung on to the wall in the grounds below the Recreation Centre was on at 4.00am when I checked. I had another look at 5.05am and as I watched, it was switched off...*smiles...
My constant question as to why suddenly now, is it deemed safe for the children to be on the field (in Direct Line of Sight between the huge set-up in Michan Road, the Ablutions Block/Servants Quarters and the Mothership, Mohamed and Captain Courageous), remains unanswered....
Strange that not one of the several huge lights on the Ablution Block was visible this morning... I've little doubt they will be back on by this evening..*shakes its head....
Ja, tis glaringly obvious I lean towards a worst case scenario, but the fact remains that I am always delighted to be proven wrong.
I repeat as always, that the beauty of the Data-Theft Scheme is that little or nothing can ever be proved should casualties occur along the way... the irrisponsibly greedy are laughing all the way to the bank....pfft....
The burst water pipe was sorted by midday yesterday and it will be interesting to see how long it takes to put the pavement back together again...
I had a good laugh last night, while out on the CPF Patrol and find the guys very entertaining....
Course, as they are duty bound to sign in up at the Station before starting their Patrol, there is little likelihood of them surprising anyone even remotely involved in criminal activities...*cackles....
Not even the newly converted Adrian Kingsley dancing with his Bible under the trees in the park across from the Treasurer heheh....
Later:
A grand day out and about, all told. I popped into the Station with a cake for the staff and then up to Hofmyer to have some prints done... I'm well into Volume II of my albums and still so much to do....
I bought a nice big bag of watercress at the Farmer's Market before they sold out.... Its really good chopped up on salads etc.. and I gather Very beneficial to the system..
Then off back up to Westville Mall to have a picture enlarged and laminated.
No - (*laughing) NOT der Kommissar this time, though there is a picture of him in today's Gazette as he does the rounds, pressing the flesh so to speak. Nice one....*beams....
We actually did rather well in this week's issue.
Our Vice-Chair was quoted. Also an article on the Butt-kisser of the Centurys attempts to bulldoze the name changes through here in Durban, being contested...
Mike Sutcliffe will ultimately do exactly what his Masters order him to do. A gerzillion signatures will change nothing. I have to admire the new DA Councillor, Alex Christians, for raising his voice via the Gazette....
The Councillor mentioned to me that he has been involved in politics for 12 years. In which case he definitely knows how to dance the Dance...*cynical laugh....
I mentioned ages ago that I guessed he had been bought down from Pietermaritzburg and introduced to our CPF Meetings for a specific purpose.... he must be one of the few Councillors who is IT savvy... I'm betting he would be able to glibly field any questions raised on the Neighbourhood WiFi Data-Theft initiative..*grins... a man with a mission? a Fielder maybe? heheh...
Ah well -- so I saved the best till last... I flew solo over to St. Theresa's Convent!
I had a pile of magazines for the good Sister and hoped to catch her before she went to lunch. Success! The charming Sister (who makes it quite clear she considers me to be more than just mildly bonkers haha) was available and we had a pleasant chat.
The fact that I struggle to keep a straight face no matter how serious the subject matter, merely endorses her opinion no doubt... it has always been this way. I can hear myself trotting out stuff that I really know little about and my innate humour overwhelms me every time *shrieks with laughter.... If even I think I sound crazy, who can blame the Average Joe for giving me a wide berth?
Anyway - the upshot of the visit was that I now feel 100% certain that Sister Stephens doesn't have a clue what is going on over there...OMW!!!! What fun!
I'd been there for about 10 minutes when a very efficient looking lady came striding purposefully towards us and informed Sister that there was work she needed as soon as possible...*grins...
Someone was uncomfortable with my presence there? You betcha! *laughing....
I enquired after the ladies name and was introduced to Mrs. Marie-Therese Naidoo, the Principal of hmm the orphanage? Needless to say, she didn't ask my name...a slip? just too busy? sure ...*beams...
Some small achievements this week. The majority of lights down the Michan Road end of the Convent property (that I refer to as the Ablution Block) are also right next to the servant's quarters. All the small buildings visible from Michan Road...*smiles and thanks Sister Stephens...
Oh and the other interesting fact? I established that our local Druglord is indeed Earl Barnabas (spelling unclear)... a very carefully protected gentleman with mega contacts right up to Government level.
You begin to see why I love the Zone? It is Filled with such diverse and interesting people....*rolls its eyes....
If I wasn't so absolutely sure that the Druglord is tighter than a tick with the Rotten Apples and the Telkom Overport telephone tapping that has gone on here for years, prior to the Muni's involvement in 2004, I wouldn't give him more than a passing mention...
However, as he plays such a huge part and, I suspect even using his Government contacts to have hasty laws pushed through etc.(ie. telephone tapping, he can rest assured that he will get due coverage here....*smiles...
And there you have it - a fun filled and interesting day.... I am a happy toad....
---oOo---
Thursday 17th May 2007 at 6.01pm