Monday, April 02, 2007


SLEEPING WITH THE DEVIL.....
The Easter holidays start today. No big lights from inside the upper story rooms facing Mayville over at the Senior Boys Hostel. Having a lie-in?
I wrote 4 pages over the weekend just on the lights and chose not to publish it. *smiles.... I share way too much... as long as you are aware that facts stated in a blog yesterday will most probably have changed the very next day...*cackles...
Captain Courageous had a very sociable weekend.. always pleases me to hear merry chatter and yesterday a child was climbing on the unused swing-set in his front garden! *laughs.... So the system was temporarily de-activated....*shrugs..
It must get fairly complicated during school holidays though I am sure the GateKeepers are ordered where and when to marshall the children. Such a difference from the old days when there were always groups of kids down in the valley and on the playing field at any given time.
I took a late-afternoon shot of the orphanage yesterday - the sun shining in the foyer clearly revealed a densely constructed security gate over the door leading into what i've always assumed to be the kitchen.... opposite the Ops room. More protective measures? I guess so and it will do nicely for my album. A similar security gate covers the door to the Power House. (see pics) Unfortunate that I didn't get close enough to read what is written on the PowerHouse door. Tsk....
I shall persist in waving at Bert until he gives up pretending he doesn't see me and waves back! After all, I do have the strangest feeling that he is my own personal GateKeeper, 70 years old or not, so we had best get along. *chuckles..... Why else would he have that sensor light on his faschia board but to check my comings and goings?
Its certainly not positioned to warn him of intruders on his property heheh.... (see excellent picture including a really deep orange light (!) occasionally on in his foyer?) Go Bert!!!!!
My calls to Sister Stephens? There is no point in broaching the matter of her connection with the Corrupt Muni Wireless Data Theft programme any further. She obviously made decisions that she thought were for the best. She is however, one of the very few people from Sydenham that now attend our CPF Meetings. Something that should be fostered and encouraged. Though from the abysmal turnout at what we called our Community Meeting last week, every CPF Meeting that has more than just the exec. committe turn up, is a bonus.. *beams....
I keep meaning to ask where the new young councillor for the DA, has his house? I would've gone for the Wragge Road, Grinrod Road areas but as he didn't hand out flyers there, I must do a rethink....
I'm betting his new abode has a good share of aerial/lights attached and even a smart bridge thingie tucked away in a corner with its sparkling green light? *winks at Alex.....
I started reading the latest Noseweek this morning. Issue 90. An excellent piece on the huge corruption our toothy city manager, Mike Sutcliffe, endorses on the A1 Racing debacle. Such a coincidence that the very same issue runs a cover story on Jackie Selebi and the Mumbai 'fixers'...... *serendipity?
I have to wonder about Koobair and whether he has ever met Dawood Ibrahim personally...yeah baby!!!
*looks as always at Allen Spence, Projects Manager for the Data-Theft Scheme and suggests that he certainly keeps strange bed-fellows...... *shrugs...
---oOo---
Monday 2nd April 2007 at 3.12pm