Thursday, April 19, 2007

FINGERS CROSSED......
Thursday has been a day of ups and downs. I went first to Hofmeyer to have some prints made....prints that I am delighted with. Quite amazing how I have missed what has been staring me in the face for so long heh... Such a hasty job and I see what appears to be a rushed coat of pain has washed off already in all the rain....*winks at Bali....
I'm even beginning to think that one can capture EMF fields on camera... there is a definite similarity to the pixellated colours and formations surrounding certain areas that I photograph repeatedly. Is this possible?
Alas, I learned that the pleasant young man had his dog stolen on Tuesday. Now why would that activate my auto-alarm system so swiftly? Paranoia? Sure..... that could fit neatly into the pattern of behaviour I've grown used to over the years.....
As our Treasurer's computers were deliberately fried, stealing a dog wouldn't present a problem at all.... Welcome to the Zone - where no crime is too trivial to be organised ....*rolls its eyes....
I then went on up to Westville Checkers to find the Weasels had beaten a hasty retreat...*cackles... finished my shopping and stopped at SAPS Sydenham to deliver a cake I had baked for the good guys.
It's still a pleasure to pop in and find such pleasant people manning the desks.
der Kommissar's door was firmly closed so I left the cake with Navi.
Judging from the amount of SAPS vehicles parked at the Station this morning, they were having a really quiet day crime-wise.
Was mon Capitan taking tea with der Kommissar when I arrived? As considerably less than the sharpest pencil in the box, I didn't see the bakkie, but then I wasn't looking for it...*beams...
On the way home I stopped for a chat with Alexis (one of our CPF Members). As Groundskeeper/Janitor at the Assessment Centre, he has a wonderful vantage point down across the little park to Raftery Road and up and down the Crescent a ways.
I was of course interested to hear more of Adrian Kingsley. (oddly enough Alexis doesn't know the lad by that name at all ) As we chatted, sitting in the car on the verge, Bali shot past in his bakkie, heading homeward.
Alexis was totally bummed that the SAP had taken an hour to respond to his call regarding 2 youngsters armed with knives sitting in the little lane mugging passers-by.... we ended up agreeing however, that there is a shortage of manpower and vehicles at Stations throughout the country and it was just one of those things.
He is very idealistic and full of optimism about working with the police. I didn't have the heart to inform him that there is still a cadre of Rotting Apples who have NO intention at all of working With the residents.
5 minutes later Bali came hurtling back UP the Crecent and tooted in reply to my wave ..*dear boy....
I'd been home an hour or so when Flo said she had just seen the power go out....it was turned back on 5 minutes later. I looked out of the window to find the Captain's bakkie parked in the driveway heheh.... fiddling with the Master Controls again? *laughs...
Can't be doing our appliances much good or is that the general idea? Looking back at old calendars yesterday, that was the modis operandi in the beginning of this Game and we pretty much lost an item a week for ages.
Sometime later Monsieur de Courage hi-fi was thumping away pleasantly in the background and I was completely comfortable knowing he was home and safe... Stockholm Syndrome? Moi?
*keels over laughing.....
---oOo---
Thursday 19th April 2007 at 5.42pm