Tuesday, April 17, 2007


COLOURS CHANGING HUE......
The difficulty is choosing what to tell you and what to keep to myself. As a dyed-in-the-wool gossip, my natural instinct is to give you everything I have....
there is this little voice however, battling to make itself heard against my constant ongoing whitterings....
Some things really should be kept for insurance purposes? WTF? But okay....*grins....
Pretty much the same old today... startled awake at 3.00am by who knows what... step out onto the dark verandah to find a strong wind blowing, the cricket chorus still tending towards the Freeway end of the valley And the roaring from Brickfield Road area....
Ask and you shall receive? *falls over laughing......
It must of rained during the night as the courtyard was wet and I could see sheet lightning far out to sea in the North East.
I have blogged before about how the white box monitor reacts to wind... at 3.45am it was alive with light... it danced to the top of the box and hung there bright white before fading again. I spoke out loud to it and Monsieur le Courages adjusted it eventually to a more acceptable level...neat.
The Convent's ablution block down by Michan Road is 'currently' (haha) the most important area. alas there are several large trees that block my view of just how these lights are fitted and whether they are all fixtures or some of them portable.
I keep seeing a red light with the orange and the brilliant white but cannot imagine why... the first time I saw this, I thought maybe there was a vehicle parked and I was seeing its tail lights through the tree branches... now of course I begin to wonder....*hatches a plan.....
Glynnis old house has added another sensor inside a different window upstairs heh....
A stunningly beautiful sweep of light down the gumtrees at 4.55am...*beams at Mo....
And then of course there was last nights CPF Meeting.
Bert had taken up his position out on his verandah before I reached the top to wait for my lift. I waved furiously and saw him stand up and crane about for a better view but alas, no reciprocal greeting... quite possibly he is not fond of raw carrots or toads.....
Our Chair arrived with 2 visitors in tow but he said afterwards that there had been a language problem. Shameful that none of us speak zulu well enough to assist but hopefully todays schools are rectifying this situation..
The words contempt and amusement, used in my previous blog, once again sprang to mind as I saw neither Councillor nor SAPS representative present.... not necessary I know, as every word uttered inside and out of the Meeting room is monitored and recorded..
I had seen the chopper flitting along the far horizon down by the beachfront as I stood waiting for my lift just before 7.00pm...even so, a sad though predictable state of affairs.
Oh - I must correct something here.... I blogged that a R15000 birthday cake was being donated to Jacob Zuma by the owner of the Baking Pan - a Sherwood resident. The Sunday Tribune however, now says the cake was donated by a Mr. Previn Naidoo - whether he too lives in Sherwood is anyones guess....whatever....
Twas a gesture of monumental vulgarity and a scramble for brownie points IMO.
*this toad totally skipped the course on "how to make friends and influence people" at Tech... which reminds me - what are the odds of us actually getting our monthly bandwidth from iBurst via tradepage at the end of this month?
Amazing how the little window claiming Certificate of expiry blah blah has stopped appearing over the last few days.....*looks at Hilary.....
and two days of excellent behaviour from my cellphone as well ! What a bonus heheh....
The domestic spat up on Bali's verge some nights back? Deliberately staged for Sue the Book's benefit or was the Heroic one just being pig-headed?
Under the circumstances, strange coming from me I suppose, but after 8 years I will remind you dear boy that Missus C is a good mother and a more supportive wife would be hard to find...
Your behaviour on the other hand (*keels over cackling...) has shown you time and again to be spoiled and short-tempered. Certainly not the image you present to your groupies hehe... Work on it dude, and tell yourself that you are fortunate she is yours ...*smiles...
Back to the CPF Meeting - still no sign of Carol... another business trip abroad or writing scripts? I do believe she contacted our Chair and requested an update regarding the Adrian Kingsley matter ... neatly done. Covering those stunning shoe tracks? *grins at Carol.....
I had in fact, already put my query in writing regarding Adrian, and chase it I shall....
Again I was delighted to see Shakoor and though he fully bats for the other team he at least has the cojones to attend our Meetings...*waits for the day Fred the Accountant and Bali the Controller walk through the door...but doesnt hold its breath...
The fact that you have been 'chosen' to join the Wireless Network Data Theft program will not protect you from crime as I'd hoped. Sabeera can attest to that....
If the elite Powers that Be pull your name out of the hat, you will suffer the consequences and like us ordinary mortals, be mere pawns in the huge and corrupt Game being played out over the next five years. Thinking back to 'SweetViolet' aka Dawn Govender and her husband who worked for Eskom of course it all fits in neatly now.....
May I suggest that, unlike me, you keep your mouth shut and your eyes open. Do not become complacent despite promises that were made to you *smiles...
More than that I cannot ask....
Except of course for the compensation due to at least 3 wronged Sherwood residents....
Later at 9.51am:
I came to log on and publish the above only to be given an Error 718 message. Restart and still 718.
I savour all the possible reasons for this power play....
i) I was'nt supposed to wake up at 3.00am and see the white box going nuts in the wind?
ii) the birthday cake was not to My Lords liking?
iii) I wasn't humble enough over in #trivia?
iv) Mon Capitan is feeling insecure about his age and compensates with a rather lame bit of power demonstration?
v) yesterdays blog hit a nerve somewhere? (I should be that lucky..)
eh - I give up *laughs.... It could be for all or none of the above reasons.. He deserves a break heading into middle-age as he is... respect mon Capitan :P
BTW was that a plain white bakkie I saw over the other side of the valley mid morning? More Line of Sight calculations? Pfft...
The rage and frustration I used to feel when summarily deprived of our paid for Internet Connection at the whim of a power-drunk egotist has been replaced by amused acceptance and tolerance.. Another miracle achieved entirely due to my Hero's persistence in reminding me that he and only he, controls my life....*beams....
I was finally allowed to connect at 5.19pm this evening...
Bravo ....
---oOo---
Tuesday 17th April 2007 at 5.55pm.