Tuesday, March 27, 2007

YOU CAN TAKE A PICTURE.....
Protecting your WiFi Wireless system with special paint (see thread in Broadband News over at myadsl.co.za) would certainly explain why only the roof of the Accountant's Wendyhouse has been painted a matt pink. It has been positioned so that the roof has Direct Line of Sight to the barrage (there is no other better word) of lights/aerials over at St. Theresa's orphanage.
It could just as easily be standard wood primer - though why only the roof was treated is questionable.
Right, so now we know what Freddie keeps in the Wendyhouse and why its been moved closer to the fence nearest us....
My next question would be regarding the odd treatment given to the walls of the property immediately adjoining ours. The two, roughly 6" squares of white that I assumed (hah!) had been left unpainted, while the workers covered everything else in a coat of terra-cotta colour.
Anyone, going up or down my stairs (unless they leopard crawled haha) has to cross past these squares. The nearest I came to finding out what they were, was one morning, rising even earlier than usual, I climbed the stairs and saw the bright flash of a light coming on. Which light and where I only discovered much later.
Once the workers had covered these 2 squares in the finished coat of terra-cotta it was impossible to see them.
I however, took pictures of where I had seen them and the enlargements clearly show the squares as slightly darker than the main colour. (see album)
the area that intrigues me the most though - is the square approximately 3ft x 3ft left unpainted? on the wall of my neighbours bathroom...
Though certainly not directly aligned to our lounge and the corner where I sit at the PC, it is disturbingly close.... the pictures I took do not show any similarity to the small squares treatment and is difficult to describe. The patch is definitely different to the rest of the house painted is the best I can do.
Of further interest is noticing that mon Capitan now has 2 similarly, but hastily and badly done patches on his side wall facing our property some 20 feet away. Whatever treatment this is, we are now firmly boxed in between the two properties.
If I may guess, it would be something along the lines of an audio enhancer? *scratches its aged head......
We ARE wired for sound and thats a fact. Captain Courageous hangs upon my every word which I find most flattering *beams.....
The GameWrecker on the other hand, has over the 44 ? years omg! we've been together, learned the fine art of Auto-Ignore in the interests of self-preservation heh....
The treatment done on my neighbour's bathroom wall (totally without his knowledge) and to the Captains wall, certainly has a lumpy appearance compared to the rest of the paintwork. Almost as if something has been stuck there and then polyfilled over and finally painted. But why then the 3x3ft square if it is something small? *sigh.....
The same applies to the poorly done large patches on the Captains wall... I'm guessing done on a Thursday morning with great haste while I was out terrorising the Westville shopkeepers *chuckles.....
Having found a website accurately describing so many of the new 'lights' now festooning residences and the convent, as wireless aerials and enhancers, and then reading of the WiFi protection paint, I have every hope that someone will come up with a good answer to what it is that has been used on these walls either side of us. Audio amplifiers? Eish - I dont know.....
The other comment on the WiFi paint thread regarding ISDN? Whoa!!! Yes we had ISDN installed by the Beast but after a few years and almost constant disconnects, the GameWrecker decided to go with iBurst which we use now.
I suppose it was really quite funny and I'm sure had Captain Courageous falling down laughing next door. I knew we were wired for sound when we had ISDN but of course didnt (and still dont) know how.
Add that to the disconnects and one day I simply lost the plot and took the wire cutters to the ISDN modem haha....
I forget who finally came and fetched it.... one of my regulars from Overport Telkom. hmm yes, Devan Pillay would be the one... (stunning pic. in the front of my album thanx Devan). I remember he never said a word about me cutting it off so brutally. Needless to say, the little box that they installed With the ISDN (that rests on the skirting board under the telephone table) remains to this day and our electric phone is plugged into it.
The kind Sean Mudaly also from Overport Telkom who came and rewired the phone right from the valley pole to the jackpoint without being asked? Doh! This all points to the means used to wire us for sound...
I tread on dodgy ground with the GameWrecker who is unable to even see the constant power dips let alone believe his pearls of wisdom are monitored 24/7 *laughing....
So - tempting as it is to also attack the little box against the wall with the wire cutters, I refrain for now * grins....
Besides, I have grown to enjoy Bali's company and the fact that he, unlike the GameWrecker, is forced to listen to me.....
Moving on - Its common knowledge that today I send out texts reminders to all the CPF Members of the Meeting tonight.
So, battery and signal on the basic Nokia read full. GW goes to top up Vodacom (read Telkom/Beast) $ and *poof* it switches off heheh...
Onto the charger it goes and I manage to get the texts sent out in spite of continued weird behaviour on the phone *sigh.... you guys just won't give up right?
Sherwood/Sydenham has been run according to your dictates for too long and I figure its time to level the playing fields just a tad....*laughing...
For all that I concede to being a Plank who is a stranger to logic and commonsense, I intend to keep you dancing until I drop ... if I can make you laugh as you dance - all the better *beams...
Stories are filtering in regarding the so-called child molester, Adrian Kingsley. That he was sent to Town Hill for observation (presumably on the original charge made last year) from where he escaped..
I will stick with this one for as long as I can - I find it gross that this screwed up young man was so clearly being manipulated for corrupt ends. A BIG ack to those involved and yes, you know who you are....
My Hero is currently under advisement from someone with a kinder disposition? The last few days I've not had the auto advice from Nortons saying your machine has been attacked as I enter efnet. Strange it feels without it, and it can of course be re-activated at any point *sigh....
No sign of Flopper either (well, not wearing that particular dress) - they gather round him and pat his sweet corrupt head in lagnet for sure...*smiles.... sillies yes but then so am I....


Now 2.59pm and best that I add this now, before the inevitable brain-fart kicks in.... I had barely published the above blog and went straight over to efnet and got whacked as I connected *cackles hysterically..... my EVERY move I tell you.....

I was in the bath when the chopper made its first pass over the house. For a large, older person, I found I could still move fairly quickly heheh.... He circled and circled over the new worked-on stretch of Jan Smuts Highway (Black Hill and under the Freeway Bridge where they are beavering away day and night), making huge circles encompassing the Convent and all the Wirelessed residents up to Sabeera's.... the big overhead lights next to Kassim's were activated for the occasion and a muni droogs white bakkie hurtled into the green space by the gum trees across the valley. All systems go...
Linking up all the latest work done down on the road it was, and they kindly afforded me the chance to get some more terrific pics.... *curtseys deeply on creaky knees.....

So now you tell me how this magnificent system works? With all the radio waves AND the powerlines involved as well in this little valley? Are you still certain that Basil, Sue and Penny are owed Nothing? *shakes its head.... 2005 was indeed a vrot year for them.....

Bali came bouncing down his driveway towards the end of the chopper display. All beams and smiles and looking smashing.... I can easily delude myself that it was a genuinely friendly smile he sent my way...(if I didnt know the dear boy quite so well heheh).

Enough excitement for the moment and hopefully, If I can stay awake, there will be something of interest to tell you tomorrow regarding this evenings CPF Meeting...

Adieu.....
---oOo---
Tuesday March 27th, 2007 at 9.57am

PS; The remark bedik made about the ISDN was not on the paint thread at all but in a different thread involving the recording of telephone calls. For the life of me I cant recall the thread title..my apologies.....