Monday, March 12, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND.....
They're back! The huge custom-built flatbed trucks with their weird lights zipping up and down this section of the Freeway and the sounds of much feverish activity.
The chopper too has made frequent appearances again and I am happy to hear der Kommissar has recovered from his illness.
I've not really had the incentive to blog since last week but as usual Captain Courageous came up trumps earlier this evening and gave me the push I needed *chuckles.....
I was thinking back to the days when Koobair was in charge of SAPS Sydenham and how we carried the title of most corrupt Station while he ruled Sherwood and Sydenham with an iron fist.
Even after he was finally ousted nothing changed.
The fact that at some point Johan Stoltz was made Station Commander didnt stop the rot at all.
Down this end of the Crescent we were still treated to unofficial visits by the Rotten-Apple cadre that remained at the Station.
I would take calls from neighbours who had seen uniformed cops skulking on their properties at all hours of the night.
So - by the time we got the Internet, it was a simple matter for Prakash (Collin) Balliram next door at No. 6 (and back then a full time stay-at-home cracker), to spread the word to all organisations (with the full backing of afore-mentioned Rotten Apples) that may of helped us, that I was a cop hater and trouble maker.
As our landline calls were all monitored since Rajie and I started the Neighbourhood Watch, it would have been a simple matter to play sections of my calls to the relevant people and - bingo! - we became persona non grata... *beams...
Oh, and then of course having taken care of my big mouth possibly drawing attention to the fact the corruption was as rife up there as ever, things began to take a dramatic turn for the better for the Station.
Koobair's liaison with Telkom Overport and his stooges in the Municipality Electricity Department paid off bigtime.
He sold the plan to Allen Spence (now Lord High Ruler of Durban's Electricity) who was only too willing to honor (haha) the stipulation that Sherwood still be ruled by the Sydenham station. In fact, Spence knowingly gave Prakash (Collin) Balliram at No. 6 full control of our series of streetlights i.e. our homes electricity supply right up to and including our CPF Treasurers residence..
Whereas Johan Stoltz, during his stint as Station Commander, had no doubt turned a blind eye to this ongoing corruption (though his wife later insisted this was the reason he took early retirement), Allen Spence and his menials fully and actively supported it. Unless he could go selectively brain-dead, he had to have realised he was liaising with out and out crooks *smiles....
And so the Station rocketed from worst to best in an amazingly short time under the benign smile of Commissioner Martin Marais. A gentleman determined not to rock the boat till Pension Day safely arrived.
By now corrupt officials in Government had jumped on board and in 2004 the Wireless and BOP tests began right here in Sherwood. And here we have the enigma -
Yes it is ALL about the Ethekwini Muni and its now vaunted Wireless Linkup and yes it involves Broadband over Powerlines. I repeat and repeat that Telkom, Eskom, the Municipalities and in our case the Law are feverishly working to complete this scheme.
I have no idea what BOP entails and why it should be installed alongside all the WiFi Network installations and aerials that flood the area. Bearing in mind that we are in full view of the Mayville Cell Tower down this end as well....
I figure my cries of foul play regarding Basil are fully justified....that is surely a huge load of EMF?
If there was NO risk tell me why Captain Courageous had an oscilloscope running in his front garden and why Mike Oliver was lurking below my wall in the dark with some sort of monitoring equipment on the back seat of his car?
And yes, I have realised that this system is NOT activated 24/7. When the kids are out on the field for instance I'm betting its off. But come evenings and on it goes and the games begin....
The weekends are pretty much no holds barred once Missus Courageous and the kids have gone out.
This weekend alone was earache and toothache heaven and Ive an idea that the metal swing set (unused) situated right the other side of the Captain's garden wall (exactly in line with where I sit outside), serves its own sinister purpose *cackles.....
Bring it on Bali dear - you have to have realised by now that I'm not going quietly *shrieks with laughter.... May I say that your latest somewhat retarded efforts at keeping me off the Internet are just that? Retarded....
A moronic let-down from someone with your skillz heh... so none of my pages will load? Again - if it works for you then by all means dear boy.....
So we go back to the SAPS Sydenham. The best we can hope for is that der Kommissar finds the time to follow up on his promise that the Rotten Apples still operating up at the Station, will be weeded out.
Again, I am sorry to hear that you have been unwell and was delighted to see you so fit and fine last Thursday when I popped in with cakes for all the excellent good cops.
Dramamine is, I'm told, excellent for air sickness? *falls over laughing....
On the matter of the text I sent to Captain Bhopal (for a very short time aka Ghopal) some 2 weeks ago?
Regarding the young guy breaking up aluminium window frames in the valley below? A copy of which text I also sent to our Vice Chair if you recall?
I would guess that it was 'suggested' to this young lad that he take his work down to that specific spot... what luck that he didn't return after my text was sent heheh.... No, instead he resumed his position up in the Park opposite our Treasurers house, watching her every move (sometimes even after dark).
Carol, (whom you have all met previously)graciously advised us at tonights CPF Meeting that the young man is a known paedophile who is being allowed to roam freely in the area as he is 'simple minded'.
Well now! Theres one for the books hey? *cackles grimly.....
We were also advised that there is a little girl who had to wait 3 weeks before being given counselling after being molested by this same young man.
See now, if I am to be of any use to you as I promised in my signed statement dear Kommissar, (other than just a huge joke), we really must consider working Together! We were told that the police are fully aware of this pervert and yet he has the freedom to continue molesting youngsters. Much as the DrugLord (on a far grander scale I grant you) has the freedom to pursue his many and no doubt, widely diverse business opportunities... strange days indeed.
And now, I must leave you and go to bed....
If you found this particular blog in any way insightful or helpful, you may wish to thank young Collin Balliram aka Captain Courageous - as he is the muse that gets the ink flowing.
I believe der Kommissar, that you know his address? *beams....
---oOo---

Finally published after 10.00pm Monday 12th March 2007.

Added on Tuesday 13th at 4.24am:

To actually get the above blog published last night, I eventually unplugged the iBurst modem and rand the !!*#! Nortons System Works One Button Scan which found a total of 12 errors which it then purported to fix. Rebooted and pages still Very slow loading but finally blogger was permitted to load.
This morning I do much the same. Run Nortons System Works and find in spite of the PC being unplugged overnight 8 of the 12 problems have reappeared. Fix (hahaa)and run the Nortons Quick Scan which says everything is hunky dory so I plug in iBurst modem and come over here to edit the blog.
Unsurprisingly, we had the identical problem last Wednesday evening when pages refused to load and I had to shut down until after the GameWrecker arrived home - the PC then ran perfectly normally heh....Control being exercised to the nth degree ja. Go figger....