Saturday, February 10, 2007

LYING IN THE FREEWAY.......
Last night there was the most hectic electrical storm I can recall in my 61 years. One strike was close enough to trip all the house lights and plunge us into darkness temporarily..
The irrational idea that the storm was attracted to the valley and the amount of EMF levels didn't help *laughing now.....
I couldn't help but wonder how the kid would cope, if the same storm headed up to the Midlands. Sitting alone in her tiny cottage on the hill, would be for me at least, a heart-attack situation. Fortunately, she takes after her gran and enjoys the grandeur and beauty of storms.
Now there's another coincidence worth mentioning: With so many mountains, hills and valleys surrounding her, Telkom have chosen the land she camps on, to set up a fairly large operation. I have to ask myself whether its a "sins of the mothers" situation here....
She has of course been speaking openly to me on our closely monitored land-line since last year regarding her landlords desire to sell the property. It certainly didnt take long for a buyer to appear. A middle-aged couple whom she has finally met since her arrival back from holidaying in Zanzibar. I understand from her that the new owner is some sort of ex-mercenary? I should normally find this deliciously interesting but instead, there are alarm bells ringing clearly in my pointed head.
More wild speculation on my part? Think it through before you sneer. Telkom, with its access to personal information, RUN this country whether you choose to believe it or not. They can make or break careers from the highest to the lowliest in South Africa.
A choice bit of land going for grabs in such an isolated area? Yes Please!!!! and *poof!!! they install a bought and paid for stooge and a huge gang of workers onto the property. To what end you ask? Ah - we shall have to wait and see....
How much digging and laying of cables and tower erecting will ensue? It would certainly make a handy link in Big Brother's relentless march across the country.
A chirrup from the Captain's remote 5 minutes after I'd sat down here in the lounge to write just after 4.00am, gave me cause to smile. After 8 years, I am very comfortable with his presence and welcome the familiar sounds of his audio-monitoring equipment being activated *smiles..... Yet another chirrup some 15 minutes later? The wind is really howling outside and presumably causing interference with his wireless system heheh...
Before I go on, you have to know that I am NOT a political animal in any way and could probably count on one hand, the times that I have actually put my cross on a piece of paper.
However, a friend mentioned some time ago that Ward Elections were important and for once I paid attention.
It has turned out so far, to be a highly entertaining and blatant exercise in skullduggery *laughing.... The time and venue for the voting has been so deliberately muddied and vague that it is doubtful any of our CPF members will bother in the end, to attend. Such simple yet effective tactics cause me great mirth.
There may yet be fall-out over the proceedings as, whoever has engineered the voting this year, has quite possibly under-estimated the tenacity and will of our current CPF Vice-Chair. You Go Girl!!!!! der Kommissar would be hard put to find a worthier ally and I would hope that he gives her his total support in her endeavours.
Ultimately of course, we are all puppets, doomed to dance to Telkom's manipulative tune....but why not enjoy ourselves along the way by being entertained at the more obvious ploys they use to run this country.
It is futile to resist and allow yourself to become enraged. Rather look for the humour existing as it generally does, in all this madness - and laugh while Rome burns.
This morning I will not describe the beautiful lights across the way. Instead I will keep what I saw to myself... a change is as good as a holiday? Enjoy...
I'm pretty sure all the dips in our system last night were due to the huge storm heading nearer. By the time it actually hit, we had safely unplugged all the valuable stuff.
This morning, oddly enough despite the howling wind, our electrical supply is rock steady and not a dip to be seen.
The Courser is now parked at the top of the drive and Missus Courageous current company car is facing us at the bottom *this toad is duly grateful for the respite, whatever the reason....
---oOo---
Sunday 11th February 2007 at 6.24am.