Tuesday, February 20, 2007

LOOK AT US SPINNING OUT.....
Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff at 3.45am today. The only difference being the sudden smell of a bush-dweller's fire. I watch my trio of 4-footed Border Patrol Guards closely and as long as they are unperturbed, so am I. The fat little dog is fairly sharp but her feline siblings are streaks ahead when it comes to security.
An orange glow from the Recreation Centre windows this morning. Does he ever sleep? Or are all the lights on the convent property controlled from one point?
When I went up to open the gates yesterday, a bakkie went by loaded with wekkers heading home. I've seen it fairly often of late and suddenly realised that I now have a pretty decent photo of that particular vehicle heh....
While listening to the Councillor and Sister S last week, I busied myself taking random pictures of the area and as always when reviewing them much later with the zoom option, was startled to see what the camera had captured. So many building rennovations bordering the convent grounds. A coincidence? *laughing..... hmm hokay...
Did I mention that when Vincent the Staunch came to work the week before last, he was kitted out in full Muni Blues right down to the Muni logo on the front jacket pocket? *chokes.... bought for a song from a fellow worker in Pinetown he said.
The attention given to the finer details surrounding Big Brothers plans has been and is, awesome. Tis only over the past 2 years since the 'tests' for the Wireless linkup began, that every man Jack wears these Muni uniforms. Such a small thing you think?
Actually no - it gives the wearer a sort of legitimacy and lulls the residents into believing the person is kosher *chuckles.... Needless to say it has Quite the opposite affect on me.
I was totally ticked off with the GameWrecker yesterday morning early and began to voice my displeasure when Captain Courageous decided it was worth monitoring and chirruped his remote loudly. This had the immediate effect of cracking me up and the vent fizzled out totally. How can I NOT be grateful to Bali when he controls even my darker side with such ease? *beams....
The Courser, hidden away for the weekend, is back - along with the electricity dips to our system. Why would he choose a Courser bakkie over the Honda? Could it be that it sits much lower on the ground and is therefor harder to see its entire length behind the shrubs bordering his driveway? The very bright sensor on the front wheel is certainly visible but I'm betting its got way more than just the one, fitted elsewhere out of my line of sight *shrieks.....
What decided Freddie the Accountant to stop activating the huge lights at the bottom of his garden? Too easy for an unannounced and curious passerby to pinpoint? Heh... he is saving them for a special occasion?
I continue to watch the Stokes now empty house with interest. The garden has been cleared, the painters have been in and yesterday, I saw a guy (with HAIR!!) checking the Line of Sight from the other side of the road. So its a given that the electrical additions are next on their 'to do' list hehe...I guess a nice fat aerial/light stuck on the front of the garage should do the trick as it definitely has direct line of sight straight over to the convent.
Hmm... Grindrod and Wragge look to be roads worth a visit. A great deal of outdoor work going on there according to my pictures but then doubtful that the 'accessories' and additions will be visible from the road.
The Courageous One's Courser bakkie sat baking in the sun until after 10.00am this morning. Did he lurk within his mini-palace walls unwell? That could be disastrous for this toad, were her Controller to fall ill.
I must assume, (a dodgy habit, yes), that there are contingency plans in place in the event of such a calamity but would have to ask what quality would such back up constitute? Having been spoiled rotten and hijacked by the very creme de la creme of Black Hat Crackers, I would struggle to accept anyone of a lesser calibre than Bali *beams again....
I'm sure he found my reaction yesterday, to his latest Nortons 'tweak' highly entertaining heh....
In typical tardish fashion I completely overlooked the simple use of the Restart option in response to mon Capitan's peurile stalling tactics. Something he resorts to frequently when he is AFK and needs a few minutes.... I gave him a lot more than a few minutes and a belly laugh to boot as I scuttled about like a rabid toad!
Ah...the joys of Crackerdom.....
A letter to the Editor in the Phoenix Sun 15th February caught my eye and raised my ire. From a Councillor Yassien Saib Ward 50 exhorting the residents of Phoenix to save electricity by switching off appliances. In his final paragraph, he slides in the killer - "the biggest problem is yet to come during the winter months, when Eskom is already talking about a tariff increase (probably in June)this year".
I'm betting that little bit of info will appear in many of the local tablooids in one form or another quite soon.
I'm also betting that even out in Phoenix and Chats there will be huge series of streetlights burning 24/7 as do the Overhead Freeway lights here at the Sherwood fly-off.
As I recall, my constant efforts to have our series of streetlights set to run normally was met with the classic "It doesnt cost much to run the lights during the day" BS from that Master of Prevarication, Allen Spence. I dare him to go out to Chatsworth and Phoenix and convince angry ratepayers there, that they should happily accept higher tariff rates, while the Muni leave lights burning daily all over the place. Oh hang on! Here's another suggestion thats even better ... Why doesn't Mistuh Spence go out personally and inform residents of the real reason lights are left on during the day? Big Brothers Wireless Link-up with all the fascinating abilities this technology brings with it, to totally invade your private life? *laughing.....
Like thats going to happen pfftt....
---oOo---
Tuesday 20th February 2007 at 12.23pm