Sunday, February 18, 2007

THE LAUGH THAT KEEPS US COMIN BACK FOR MORE....
Sitting here by the PC writing at 3.45am in the quiet. My ears thick with the cricket chorus. I've run a befokte marathon and come home all but last man in. *chuckles... Before Bali moved in next door 8 years ago, I would have continued to despise my slowness and lack of logic and commonsense. Since he has totally reconstructed my attitude however, I am merely amused at how long its taken me to get to this point.
A huge and positive paradigm shift caused by a person deliberately installed right next door with the sole purpose of a) getting us to move out of Sherwood and b) making my life miserable.
Bali/Captain Courageous and his Masters had of course, no way of predicting this outcome...
The ironies of life haha..... Unstable, dysfunctional, abrasive and intense (pretty much the toad-in-the-street heh), and often a hair's breadth from falling totally into the abyss. I have staggered back from every trick and nastiness put in my path.
My Level 23? kevlar certainly bears some large dents, but for the most part I have Bali to thank for showing me the humour even in the most devastating of situations.
My single-minded persistence has bought me lorry-loads of contempt and derision and yet, the more I am dumped on, the stronger I become...go figure...
Tis not so much 'the saga of self-absorption' in my blog title, as the realisation of surprising inner strength. *curtseys gratefully to the Courageous Captain and his huge team of cowardly groupies...
The knowledge that my new-found confidence could be shattered at any moment does not worry me at all. I have found the ability to step outside of myself and judge with interest rather than self-loathing as I career from cliff edge to cliff edge... *laughing....
Later: If I had any small inclination towards being an nyanga, I am fully aware that I now have powerful muti in the form of the picture of the Head GateKeeper. This evening, I turned at the top to see another large item has been deliberately dumped through the convent gate into the valley. Sister S said she is powerless to even intimate that the dumping is being done by the Convent employees, for fear of repurcussions.
One wonders whether a drive over to show Sipho my photo and to mention the word thagathi (sp?) would have good results? It just might persuade him to have a word with his co-workers about the dumping..... *smiles...
PS: Only 1/2 the chime of my doorbell just sounded now at 5.15pm indicating clearly that the Captain or his Missus are nearby heh.... Though I certainly don't need proof of his continued control, tis always a small added bonus.
and finally, my spelling has taken a serious nose-dive.... not something I am particularly concerned about....
---oOo---
Sunday 18th February 2007 at 5.54pm