Thursday, February 15, 2007

GUESS......
I gave up trying to sleep and got up at 3.20am. My hands were driving me nuts with the pins and needles. The view from the house over to the convent is beautiful. So many of the deep orange lights on the walls of the Snr. Boys hostel are activated tis small wonder my system reacts. I have trouble lately, remembering whether I am the Princess of Pea fame, or just a lowly toad.
The orphanage itself has both floors illuminated down towards the church end, to (haha) stunning effect. Again I marvel at the 2-faced hypocrasy here. 50 ways to save power? Be patriotic and switch off your geyser? We are running short of electricity?
I will admit that standing up on Harris Crescent itself, the Snr. Boys hostel lights, are for the most part, hidden behind the gumtrees. Come down my steps a ways and they will all be revealed to you in their hot, orange beauty.
I noticed last night that Captain Courageous' Courser is again parked, facing our house at the foot of his drive. I was only aware of one fairly large power dip the entire evening despite the fact that the very bright sensor on his front wheel is again activated. He has adjusted it at last?
He arrived home early mid-afternoon yesterday. Unusual indeed and used to be the case when I was expecting a visitor, that he would swing into his gates in time to adjust his audio monitoring system. What was it he wanted to specifically hear yesterday afternoon? *puzzled.....
At least one of our CPF members was spurred to rejoin the area Patrols after a lengthy absence. I would hope that he paid close attention to the ubiquitous silver bands on the street poles as they cruised the neighbourhood. And no, it would not be wise to assume that the pinpoints of lights on some of them, are merely reflections of other lights *smiles......
After all, I am the Test Toad, and have had every trick in the book thrown at me since His Worship, the Corrupt Mistuh Allen Spence installed his Techno gadgets here in Harris Crescent in 2004.
the 'Durban Wired for Multi-Media in 2010' thread over in myadsl proved irresistible last night. A further press release by Jacqui Subban of the Durban Ethekwini Muni had me galloping for a bucket.
I was pretty straight forward in my comment and despite it having speedily been pushed down the line by bedtime, I was happy to count a considerable number of readers.
The Article in this weeks You magazine on the dangers of EMF had me shaking my head in disbelief. One pretty much may as well stay in bed permanently than get out and face so many possible dangers *laughing....
When I think of the levels we have experienced here, it pretty much makes me feel that article is not worth the paper it is written on. Petty stuff indeed and for the Real Thing - I suggest you come and set up a tent in the valley below and bravely camp out for a month or so. What? No takers? You probably wont feel a thing guys - well, except for late at night and in the early hours when the confused barking of dozens of dogs fills the air suddenly as the EMF levels are cranked up....
What a vivid imagination I have ? Ah indeed yes - and how fortunate for the Crooked perpetrators that I am a Tard and can prove nothing....
An error that I have been making constantly has to be corrected.
I have considered our iBurst to be Wireless which the GameWrecker informs me is not so. I will however, stick to my guns and insist that it is WiFi that fills the valley and indeed the entire suburb. WiFi with a difference I venture to add. A normal, WiFi Network refined and tweaked to the ultimate, with some truly marvellous additional technologies.
As our Station is involved at the very heart of this scheme, one would hope that ALL the relevant stations are upgrading their control rooms to monitor this system. I would guess a huge amount of additional law officers (considerably more advanced than merely computer friendly), will have to be found and trained with great speed. *whispers....Collin's College of the Crooked?
These, dare I say it, billions of rands, have surely not been spent merely to catch the odd tax fraudster....so I am hopefully anticipating a Massive drop in the crime rate including housebreakings, murders and hijackings. One hint of a crime taking place in an area should have ALL the monitoring equipment activated and watched 24/7.
This will have to be done properly, with visible results, or one could be forgiven for thinking the whole system is a giant Big Brother scam to further the already horrendous levels of corruption pervading our Government and Munis.
Later: I went over to visit St. Stephens this afternoon. Councillor P established that the corporation ground sold adjacent to the convent will have 3 or 4 blocks of flats erected. Access will probably have to be from the little by-road next to No. 2 Harris Crescent which would explain why Basil and the GameWrecker received official notification from the Muni on the matter. It doesnt explain why Cassim at No. 2 doesnt appear to be aware of the development plans. *theres that smell again.....
Disappointingly, I saw no huge, strange lights when visiting the convent, though of course all the pictures I took would have to be viewed by an expert. My piece de resistance (sp?) has to be the picture the Councillor took of me with the head GateKeeper!!! A jolly fellow named Sipho who found my visit highly entertaining...heheh...
Needless to say I forgot to ask how long the swimming pool had been there and the 'huge, flashy 4 x4' I helped Sister Stephens into (my previous blog) turned out to be a fairly ordinary though large standard vehicle .. *plonker alert...
Of some interest was the arrival of the Councillor this morning at 8.30am who pulled up and parked on our verge while I chatted to him... who should come zipping down the Crescent a few minutes later but mon Capitano! He flew through his gates and vanished. A rush to crank up the audio monitoring via the silver bands on the poles? I kid you not haha.... amusingly enough, the Councillor seemed to think the Courageous One's interest lies with his particular mission and not mine.... take your pick....
Finally publishing this now at 7.31pm and two dips in the system already. Only Missus C's car at the top of the drive. WTF? *sigh......
---oOo---
Thursday 15th February at 7.26pm