Friday, February 02, 2007

CURSE MISSED OPPORTUNITIES.......
Nasty prang at about 7.15am on Wednesday morning. Down at the Harris Crescent/Jan Smuts Highway stopstreet. Must of been somebody important as both the fire engine and an ambulance and at least 5 police vehicles arrived on the scene pretty quickly in spite of there being nobody visibly hurt. (apart from the cars involved).
A pleasant enough CPF Meeting on Tuesday evening with some interesting absences *beams.....
Little Charlie has had to make himself permanently scarce as he surely must realise I have one Beeeg question for him now.... who exactly is his source of information however banal that info may be? *laughing......
As i find it difficult to believe that being described as "gorgeous but short", would be sufficient reason to have him scuttling for cover, he must have realised that it would be prudent to avoid me totally... a pity as window-shopping is one of the few enjoyments left to the elderly but cest la vie.........
The total disappearance of the Beast's representative at the latest Meeting is much more interesting... there may well be a valid and logical explanation for his non attendance and I shall merely have to wait and see.
The dips to our power supply are constant every evening though strangely enough, when up at 4.00am I dont notice them at all. They could of course be going on all during the day as I wouldnt be able to see them. They certainly must take their toll on appliances and lights so I have begun to log each and every item we lose from electric fans to light bulbs. It will be fascinating to note how much is lost over a period of time.
Deliberate ongoing payback or just more fumblings from Captain Courageous?
Yet another entertaining coincidence; As I flew down Black Hill on Jan Smuts yesterday (Thursday) at about 10.15am, what should I spot, nipping out of Cassim's access road, but a little Muni vehicle! and then, after a futile visit to the garage by Piedmont Road (in an effort to get them to attend our CPF Meetings), I drove home the long way round and yes - there was the same Muni vehicle with its driver visibly suffering in the heat, parked outside the marked house in Cullingworth Road. I greeted him politely and he volunteered that he was reading meters.
As I had seen him down at Cassims I asked whether he had tried to access my property and would he care to come back in 20 minutes and I would let him in? He replied yes.
Needless to say he didnt pitch *cackles...... is that really what he was busy doing? Or was he just reading and adjusting the meters of the Favoured in the area?
The Blue Security Rep. had no clue about the house markers when I enquired, which rather puts a damper on the suggestion that they are security related.
Fair Carol practically broke into a trot to see what it was I was asking the Rep.... unsurprisingly, her house displays a clear marker as well. They photograph really well.... heheh...
Which reminds me - is that a tatty old, but red marker I see on the lightpole directly opposite Piedmont Road? I will have to take another look.......
The garage owners wife was strangely emphatic that they were 'safe' and have had no crime problems. Does she know something we don't? Another wait and see situation methinks....
Choppers come and go but seldom hang about these days *chortles....
The courage shown by Tiger and his partner and reported to us at the CPF Meeting on Tuesday is commendable. I can only hope they suffered no lasting damage and are already back at work.
---oOo---
Friday 2nd February 2007 at 2.32pm