Tuesday, January 23, 2007

HE WHO DARES, DOESN'T NECESSARILY...
Blog begun Monday 22nd Jan. at bedtime....
It has been ridiculously hot today and worse promised for tomorrow. A fair excuse to practise my favourite pastime of vegging out and doing nothing much.
Fred's valley light and the spot across our property off again tonight though his orange killer chats to the convent as usual.
I would guess that Mayville is the current focal point judging from the amazing array of lights now shining out from the Senior Boys Hostel. A deep orange light has now hopped over onto a property the other side of the hostel, making it what? 4 or 5 all directly facing us from that point?!!
And then down the Michan Road end of the convent there have been new lights activated though quite difficult to see behind all the trees.
Much deliberately noisy banging finally got me moving at 1.40pm to see the ladder previously mentioned now had an occupant sitting on top. I watched idly for a while until 5 youngsters came out from the Smokers Corner (the valley side of the convent wall). 4 of them were carrying a large ladder each between them while the 5th led the way. They went through the broken wall and onto the field heading heaven alone knows where.
It all appeared very staged and the sort of thing ..hmm... young Baron might amuse himself setting up?
One unusual point is that I understood the new school term had begun and yet - the scores of children that normally pour out of the convent school buildings and onto the field at break, are missing.
Has the school closed down since the Muni infestation?
Where did all the kids go?
It IS possible that they are being kept away from the area by someone with some sort of concience I suppose.
These pupils have, for years, run out onto the field to play in near 40degree heat and driving rain so it cant be the weather keeping them indoors. Curious.....
Quite probably a logical explanation and I will just have to wait and see...
no logical explanation though, for the sudden demise of the spin dryer on Sunday. The machine gave no warning and can hardly be termed old. *looks at Bali....... aye, it certainly has your modus operandi all over it dear boy - though only you and the missus and your closest confidantes will ever know right? heh.....
Tuesday 23rd Jan..
and now, like the still predictable old eejit that I am and shall always remain, we move on to trivia.....
I was gently reminded by the gracious spring that I am mean. *choking here......
One cannot simply shed a lifetime of spite overnight.... Before the arrival of my Lord & Master 8 years ago, one Prakash Balliram, I own to have been pretty talented in the Mean Department.
Alas, my skills now pale into oblivion next to many of the trivia players on efnet *laffing.....do they see this? Doubtful, as they gaily leap about in their yellow cloaks..... It draws me like a magnet to sit and watch how utterly normal, but clever people, can be manipulated so totally, for a cause they really havent got a clue about...
Bali and his peers have now resorted to summarily disconnecting me from the channel, which to me, indicates a certain amount of desperation however much it may be denied heh....
A direct question to angora last night asking if the bot would return if I left, got a kind reply.
A similar question to kippet this morning was met with stony silence... *sigh... the games people play indeed..
Much as he/she will spew to hear it, FlipDeezey IS the only one with cojones and I picked up on that a while back. He/She may well participate and even initiate disconnects and run with the lynchmob but still is a cut above the rest *falling about....
a critique on other players? I don't think so... there is an amazing amount of insecurity hanging over so many and having been there, done that, I can recognise it easily.
The fact that my appearance in the trivia room immediately causes problems with the bot and pretty much wrecks the game for everyone makes me wonder why I am not simply banned outright as happened in Lagnet all that time ago.
There were no justifiable reasons given back then for the ban so......? *looks at Haul..... ok, I think efnet triv is terrific and when the unkind see fit to play elsewhere there are some really pleasant people there...but surely a decision should be made either way?
You accept my typo-ridden guesses and leave me be or ban me outright? Or is it just that too many of you are highly entertained by your own meanness? *grins....
Whatever - it IS fascinating to see how the different players behave... After all this time I consider unkindness to be the norm however weird that seems. But whatever else you may choose to call me, coward is not a nick I wear. Go figure.
Interesting too to wonder whether Bali and his charming Missus have progressed at all from reporting what the toad is wearing, doing and saying to what HE does in return?
The frying of household appliances (his signature tune, if you will), the extra strength radio waves that bombard the bedroom (in Direct Line of Sight ja) after dark? Or is he somewhat reticent in this area for fear it may be seen as taking revenge a tad too far?
Bali may well be der Kommissars very own dearly beloved protege, but he still burns a very short fuse and may yet be the Joker that causes the House of Cards to tumble.... impossible you say? *waits......
He certainly has his online credibility at stake here. Years of black-hatted deadly charm? One foot wrong and you fry them? Yes dear boy - it is simply implausible with your vast talents to assume you restrict yourself to Toad bashing.
Does der Kommissar realise that you can Never really be his man? That a big part of you belongs to me?
No need to roll your eyes there Bali dear, you know it is kharma and you cannot walk away even if you wanted to.....*beams.
the chopper is busy too far away for me to see or hear.
There are still many smaller roads in and round Durban that have yet to receive the new streetlight cowlings with the yellow markers. Are the wekkers flagging? Wherever I drive in Sherwood their are visible signs that the Muni have been there and I even see new cuts made across Jan Hofmyer road in Westville. The Essex Terrace streetlights positively groan under the weight of all the new monitoring equipment. I guess there must be plenty of residents worth watching on that particular street? *cackles....
Having wondered about the missing schoolchildren earlier, I did actually see a couple of kids in uniform running across the field to school at 7.30am. So - are they being kept away from the field at breaks? If so, why? If there is any risk what then are the implications for the Mohamed, Arendse and Goldstone families? Sorta double standards as always ja?
and at 8.50am - surprise me why dont you? a Muni droog lookalike with a superb 4 legged prop. strolling under the gumtrees across the way *smiles.....
Having established already what the new camera is capable of, it would be pointless getting it out again. So, check your Line of Sight and be on your way young man.
Pretty much as I blogged previously about the Koeberg power problems being the usual coverup story and plain rubbish. I see a heading in yesterdays Mercury saying "no more power cuts likely" Wake up people!
then just after 10am less than a handful of kids appeared on the field and didnt stay more than 5 minutes. Small break?
and so I go. As always I remain the
NUMBER 1 FAN OF GLORIOUS STAR ASCENDING IN SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE... *beams at Prakash....
:}
---oOo---
PS.. now 12.25noon and presumably Big Break over at the school... a fair amount of kids have finally come out to play in the heat so it would appear that as usual, I worry too much?
Tuesday 23rd January 2007 at 12.27noon