Friday, December 22, 2006

WE CAN NEVER SEE TOMORROW....
Twas as if the sky had been thoroughly washed this morning. I watched a satellite as it headed south, and was then amused to hear a solitary cricket holding forth right in the courtyard. I found him eventually, next to a hole in the wall. A hole that is nearly always occupied by a large frog/toad... do we eat crickets? Wiki it?
Did I tell you that the day before yesterday I was up the top after sunrise, standing on the drive with Chi, Kits and Sophie, when a fully grown sparrowhawk almost crashed into me in its efforts to catch a dove? I dont know who was more startled, me or the bird! Eish!
Again, this morning, the Senior Boys Hostel orange antennae are off, as are Freds lights as far as I can see. Tis the Spirit of Christmas Present haha....
Fascinating to find by chance on myadsl that the staunch Debbie2 is a friend of the FireTroll... is it simply that they both use adsl and are both in or near Rosetta and are Gamers? Or did the Troll seek her out deliberately? The fact that he followed me over to wellinformed and bothered to post his 'agenda' remark there as well, is the only reason it is worth a mention.
Way back, there was a nanosecond where I had hoped she would see the ball and pick it up. The same ball that I constantly fumble with and drop *laughs....... But by now she is so surrounded by the smiling yellow flag-bearers who will easily hide the truth from her. No matter..... they cannot ever change the fact that she stands for the Good whether she chooses to listen to my cries or not...
And now, allow me to fulfil the Charming Courageous Couple's expectations here by blogging Nobby's flying visit yesterday evening....
I had seen him safely shut in on Sue the Book's property at 3.30pm. It must of been nearer 6.00pm when Sophie informed me noisily that Nobby was here. I chose to ignore him totally and didn't even let him see me. A while later, an almighty thump and the 2 animals were racing around the garden in the rain quite happily.
Text Number 1 sent to Missus Courageous read: "Nobby is here" and a while later I sent Text Number 2 saying "He's jumped down the 8ft wall into the courtyard". as near as I recall. Silence. Then a phonecall from your very good friend saying that she didn't understand my 2 latest texts...
*beams.... yes they were both really ambiguous. (NOT!)
Missus C. eventually came over, lugging Dimples, and between her and the GameWrecker, managed to persuade the truant to return home. Leaving our Sophie an exhausted, mud-covered but totally happy dumpling. She managed to get most of the mud off herself by rolling on 2 beds and the sofa :}
The GameWreckers .5cents worth is that Nobby will go looking for food and as I'd tossed him a bone over the wall this Monday (the first in weeks), he had made a note to visit as asap...*sigh... whatever....
All well and good, but may I point out that the 8foot jump down into our courtyard may not have such a jolly ending on Nobby's next visit? That it could prove to be disastrously expensive? Too ambiguous again? My apologies but figure it out. Vets are NOT cheap.
Though the $ side is not a problem for either of you - surely it would be simpler to explain to your gardener and maid that you want to find your dog ON the property at the end of the day? How hard can that be?
And yes, I realise that my amazement at the lack of interest you show to your own animal is fodder for much mirth and merriment as you so diligently report back my reactions.
I just hope that your audience is as entertained and amused when the Nobster lies in my courtyard with a broken leg? Too melodramatic for julle? Tough... I am a realist.
The chopper over earlier, but no sense of urgency and it hung about long enough for me to blow them a kiss and a wave. The Muni link-up must be running to schedule in spite of all the rain.... White box on your pole yet anyone? Silver bands decorating it's length?
The thought that locals 'in-the-know' believe this toad to be the sole recipient of such lavish attention makes me smile as I sit here...
My own personal cricket colony in fine voice as I sat out under the telephone cable. A small orange butterly sat on my hand for a second before going off about its business.....
To the subtle and the not-so-subtle... Mock on.... better a temporarily cramped hand than a permanently cramped head *grins.....
Difficult? Cantankerous? Self-opinionated? Sure I am all of those and more, but I love you guys....
---oOo---
Friday 22nd December 2006 at 1.54pm