Sunday, December 31, 2006

TROUBLES THAT CAN'T BE NAMED....
Slacker I am indeed. I only noticed at 4.45am this morning that Fred the Accountant at No. 12 has his valley light/lights back on. Whether one or both tis hard to tell at this stage.
Driving rain overnight has left much of the overgrown foliage next door sodden and drooping, making it difficult to see.
A question I was asked recently was, why the recipients of these gifts from the Municipality do not consider the risks that accompany them to be of any consequence.
Frankly, I dont know. As always though I can surmise that the glibness of the many snake-oil salesmen and the glittering size of the carrots they tout, outweigh any doubts that may arise. Why worry about something that may or may not happen to your family's health a few years down the line when there is instant gratification within your grasp?
I can fully understand and sympathise with this attitude. If we had been approached and asked to join the digital village community, would we have considered the ethical and moral implications and declined?
Without being aware as I am, of the 100% invasion of privacy that the system is capable of, it is likely that we too would have happily leapt aboard this gravy train...
So I point no finger at these good people and only hope that they do NOT come to realise the enormous price they have unwittingly paid in return for these tangible assets. Toe the line, and you won't feel a thing.....
On the matter of the so brave Bullyboys of Company B? that would be Balliram and Bhoola respectively heh....
Stealth never cared much for publicity as I recall. Mentioning him and his close affiliations with Eskom usually ended in a smack of sorts - so, nothing unusual with the bot in trivia being down while I was there last night.
I republished my Fools poem to remind the cowards that I no longer whinge and beg at their lame demonstrations of power. Snake-oil salesmen they are and will remain, and merely an on-going source of amusement to me.
The pick-a-side script of Kippet vs. chemosh was rerun last night for lack of anything better? heheh.... In spite of my amazing level of ongoing stupidity, the one thing I am aware of is that I am regarded with disgust and repulsion wherever I go on the Internet - so I ask you - why would I deem myself in a position to judge people I hardly know? That was something I fell prey to in the past and have paid dearly for *smiles....
Bhoollyboy and Bali still try to get mileage out of it? *choking.... desperate measures methinks....
and now - a little later this morning.... again the bot stopped just prior to my entry into the trivia room... it is totally baffling why nobody dares say a word. What/Who are they all so afraid of?
*looks at the BullyBoys and wonders no more......
---oOo---
Monday 1st January, 2007. at 7.35am.