Monday, December 18, 2006

TIPTOEING THROUGH THE FIELDS OF.........
Rather than being thrilled to have at last found an explanation for the weird lights newly installed everywhere, I question why I didn't try harder before......
Captain Courageous is shutting down for the Festive Season? Course he cant desert me and I have no worries on that score poor dear. But sitting out this morning before 4.00am, I suddenly realised that his patio light was off. Whoa! Most unusual and certainly not coincidence. Fred's two newbies still off as well since just before the 'hijacking' scenario. The Freeway bridge sits in darkness , though just beyond, heading up to Westville, it is all systems go.
This morning the Sherwood flyoff and Jan Smuts, including the Crescent, were at their brilliant best and a lovely sight to see. Of the chopper, I saw and heard nothing.
Too far away no doubt, though it was the most perfect cloudless morning.
Orange flashes lit the sky way down south so there has to be more stormy weather heading up our way later.
Looks like all the powerful orange antennae at the Senior Boys Hostel and behind St. Theresa's garage are activated and I have to wonder whether thats the reason my hands woke me in the early hours.
I do miss the droogs rushing about on the Freeway bridge with the fantastic custom-built vehicles trundling up and down though I guess they are needed elsewhere.
I checked with Sue the Book yesterday and she said she'd had no power dips the night before just prior to the electric storm which leaves me feeling rather vulnerable....
We had two fairly noticeable dips and again last night, just before the 2nd storm.
Is the Captain trying to tell me something? A storm warning perhaps? *smiling......
Was it yesterday afternoon someone decided to set off a few fireworks ? I have to look at the unfortunate Freddie at this stage as the GameWrecker was adamant all that while ago saying that Fred has a penchant for Big Bangs. So yesterday out of the blue (hmm it could have been Saturday afternoon I AM getting old haha) a couple of rockets set off in broad daylight and a few bangers too.... to what purpose? Reminding Snowball and the gang at Number 14, and Joey at Number 10, oh and even his own newly acquired Spunky, of his Leadership and Power? Pretty grim that .....
A happy social gathering next door yesterday though unsurprisingly at the end of it all Nobby was left abandoned on the road.
I sent a text to Missus C, but alas, no reply and I see this morning that Sue the Book has him safely shut on her property... tis these small kindnesses that I hope penetrate mon Capitanos revenge-filled brain eventually... *laughing...oops! I forgot...he doesnt give a tinkers about the Nobster - he is just another irritant right?
Also anticipated was the weirdness with the stove yesterday. The newly acquired little shriek it kept giving, startled even the GameWrecker. I noticed after Captain Courageous chirruped his remote the stove settled down and shut up... what magical powers he has to be sure.... another scenario that will allow him to roll his eyes and remind the world that the Toad is round the bend? heheh....
I LOVE being able to go up to the Station visiting all the guys as you know. So losing cake containers and messing with the oven via that jackpoint leaves me totally undeterred.
Though the sight of me trudging up the SAPS driveway causes some to grind their teeth with rage, it aint going to stop any time soon.
I anticipate our smallest gathering ever at tonights CPF Meeting, but look forward to it nonetheless. Who drew the short straw? *beams... ive already had a text apology from young Calvin, safely at the furthest possible point from any meetings....
Had a cutie text in amongst the CPF replies this morning from an unknown number. Just a short while later a call from our PMB imported Councillor and *poof* my phone switched itself off as he was speaking... Hau!!!!
Now, if I had to guess who sent me the Round Robin ext? Alex himself would top my list and of course fair Carol a runner up *grins.... But as you all know, there is a certain amount of jostling and shoving when it comes to smacking this old toad. Kindly form an orderly queue.....
The chopper whirled over at 10am but not going quick enough to catch me napping this time *laughs.....
I sent another text to Missus Courageous to remind her that Sue the Book still had Nobby safe in her garden. Minutes later I was blessed with a call....charmingly apologetic as always but I do hope she thanks Sue just as nicely.
Yes, we may all say silly unkind things at times but we are basically good people unlike some *winks at Bali.....
---oOo---
Monday 18th December 2006 at 2.02pm