Tuesday, December 19, 2006

PUSHING THAT ENVELOPE..........
Often, I take great pleasure in finding a particular assumption I've made was wrong.
Last nights CPF Meeting was one such incident.
There was a great turnout after all and as each member arrived, my grin grew wider. Indeed, just sitting writing this makes me smile....
A shame that Cncllr. Baig and Shakoor decided against coming but I do wish them both well with their new alliance as blogged previously. Carol must surely be back from her 'business' trip to the East by now? Another really nice person lost the way temporarily?
I finally switched on the baby PC for the 1st time in months only to find that most if not all of my pictures done in Paint are still corrupted. Ja, ja, Im well aware that I have given dear Bali more credit than he deserves at times. But this mess so clearly has his signature to it and is obvious irrepairable. Never mind......
Let me instead remark on my total bewilderment regarding the efnet trivia room today. Of course I'd noticed Gg's glaring absence lately and wondered about it.... but its the holidays so I told myself thats all it is..... after this morning though, I"m not too sure at all....
As I read on some forum recently - you should never judge a person you meet on the Internet... being as I am of the tardish persuasion, it has taken me a long time to grasp this concept but I pretty much have it down pat now.
And so it is amusing as always to see how the really bright wade right on in, make up their minds and whack that gavel down! Course I have to remind myself that Captain Courageous and his dear Missus have been online forever compared to this old crone - and are 2 of the most skillful prevaricators you could ever meet (and thats in Real life)... I cannot blame their internet peers for being blinded to the truth.
When I speak here of the ex-Sydenham Station commander - The Godfather Koobair - does Captain Courageous deny knowing him personally or carrying out his orders in any way? or does he slide into the half-truth and lie mode at which he so excels?
Does he mention that since being removed (albeit with great difficulty) from his position, Godfather Koobair is now busily coordinating the Drug Lords around South Africa?
Which of course begs the question - was Allen Spence, Superintendent of Electricity for Durban, unaware of this fact when he and the Ethekwini Municipality made the deal to buy the Big Brother infrustructure from Koobair who initiated it years back?
I imagine that carefully phrased, Missus C. in particular, would give a very different version of this little deal? Eh - there are so many wheels within wheels here methinks the goodies have totally lost sight of the wood for the trees!
How Sydenham station rocketed from the most corrupt to the most improved with lightning speed?
Interesting?
Why was I was singled out at the start and harrassed relentlessly, unless I had something to say that made certain people very uncomfortable?
*looks at der Kommissar......
Yes, I am slowly learning to walk the walk as it were, and I do see the Crime statistics have been down for a considerable while now.
I also hope that this is due to the monitoring currently saturating our suburb and no other reason... only time will tell.
Meanwhile, I shall continue to encourage residents to regard the local SAPS with the respect that most of them earn and deserve.
Commissioner Marais was, I'm sure, a well-intentioned gentleman but at this stage it is the loss of Supt. Manuel Correa that really bites....
Power games suck and we are the losers........
So there you have it for today...
something to ponder on if you will. To hopefully give you pause for thought and finally, to question your own rush to judgement.
---oOo---
Tuesday 19th December 2006 at 1.11pm

PS: Alas and alack the script kiddies are out to play again pfftt.....I do believe way back somewhere I spelled his/her nick incorrectly.... this is punishment? *chuckling.......