Saturday, November 11, 2006

SILENCE, LIKE A CANCER, GROWS.......
The strangest thing this morning at 4.00am.. I stand on my front verandah in the dark and can feel the damp from all the rain. Everything is sodden except.....
force of habit has me glancing at Cassim's roof mentally expecting it to be lit up like the proverbial Xmas tree due to the wet. And its NOT! Its barely alive.... I go up and check the car which is soaking still and then back down to double check the roof. Then of course there was the matter of Cassim's house alarm chirruping constantly yesterday - a problem with the new system guys?
Waiting certainly has its own rewards and I hereby claim Cassims roof to be one of them ...
Captain Courageous and his lovely wife had a function to attend yesterday. He kindly set my PC before he left so that on heading over to the trusty searchirc via google and typing in efnet I was treated to 'no match found'. No doubt a simple operation for my controller *winks at Bali...
Sure, I couldve laughed it off except that when reconnecting in the evening I was given the same message. Silly, but I understand he just cant help himself when it concerns the eejit toad.
What a pleasure to be able to play without his tender ministrations. Oh sure, I'm lagged and pinged with great fervour by his groupies, but at least the keyboard behaved for a change.
Pretty much a given that he will be obliged to make up for lost nastiness today poor boy. Will report later... (insert: and yes, when i tried accessing efnet I got the same problem heheh but he didnt sink to the keyboard trick this morning... xx)
Had a small win on the lotto so yesterday I bought a couple of almond tarts for the staunch SAPS Patrol guys up at the local station. I've not really had the time to bake this week what with constant trudging outside to wave at the chopper flying by. Besides, the oven temperature fluctuates so much it is easier to just buy stuff. *winks at Bali.....
We have now had over a month of the lowest crime stats that I can recall. der Kommissar can be truly proud of his ground team and certainly cannot be faulted for spending more time aloft than on terra firma. Possibly the street monitoring is finally being utilised correctly?
I would guess that residents DSTV satellite dishes are being doubled up as aerials for the Muni Wireless system? Heh.....
A nasty little picture of a stressed out dog was put in my postbox the night before last. May or may not be the Nobster.
The Muni bigwigs are aware of their 'Partners' uncivilized traits of this I'm sure, but are committed to riding with the Devil himself?
Will I still be around to see the tears? *laughing..... who knows? - it remains the most interesting period of my life ever.
---oOo---
Sunday 12th November 2006 at 7.17am

Edited Sunday 12th November now 8.14am: and i simply HAVE to take a flyer here. Joey is Very anxious about something over at the Accountants place. Could it be? erm, the slurping, sucky, sucky noise of the inherited oscillating machine? *laughing again.... I see the pool cleaner busily working so it figures that the oscillator is sucking away there too... LMAO!!! Poor Joey - then again he is a great help :P