Friday, December 13, 2013

Cloak & Dagger...
(begun Saturday 14th December at 3.55am...)


When it's as still and as quiet as it is this morning, I can hear Telkom's wirelessed warblers from as far away as Grindrod and Mary Roads, and I guess even occasionally from the box at the top of Hugo Road across the valley..  It's no longer restricted to shrilling out in the dark either, and it goes off at all hours of the day as well.. Something I figure would be because so much of the vegetation here has been left to grow untamed, and the added boost of the enhancers has now become a necessity?
A squeaky 'insect' kicks in nearby and the cancer on my back awakes to start it's slow angry burn as my Shift Monitor strengthens their connection to ours...

I managed to catch THIS young fellow up a ladder at around 3pm yesterday afternoon as he worked on Agent Balliram's gate-motor...At one point he'd vanished from my view for so long that my curiosity had gotten the better of me, and I'd hiked up the fifty-two stairs with my Panasonic to find no sign of him out on the verge, and he'd been gone for good not long afterwards...
It had been much later after dark when I'd asked the GameWrecker where all the fresh red mud on our driveway had come from, and he'd replied that someone had been digging around the base of our streetlight, and he'd not been able to avoid the mess when he'd pulled up on the verge...
Dayem!  What a picture that would've made if I'd only been quicker off the mark... In retrospect, that work would've been done on Thursday while we'd been safely out of the area, and with all the rain that day, neither of us would've noticed the evidence of the digging operations carried out around that pole.

Whatever changes were finally made to Balliram's gate-motor, had resulted in an ongoing cacophony of shrieks from what sounded like the entire hadeda population here in the valley, as the system was adjusted and readjusted to the alterations sometime after 4pm yesterday... My feathered sentinels were still shouting the odds hours later, as the technology was tweaked and altered to run on the new set-up..
Did our Speaker play a part in these latest cosmetic theatrics?
Had he grown fed up fielding the inevitable questions raised by my frequent inclusion of his name?
Is there to be a genuine improvement to the levels of crud run both indoors and out on our property?

LATER at 5.45am

I'm a grumbler, Ms. Kazee? *looks at the ex-ANC Ward Councillor's cousin... And how would you know that, unless your own grown kids cut their monitoring teeth in the privacy of our home soon after 2005?  Credit where it's due though, as I was born to bitch, and bitch I will...

I suspect that by the time she'd eventually picked me up last night, the work-around was good to go, and that our Expert in the Field has now managed to find a suitable means of circumnavigating the so-called changes he'd been forced to make... As the GW had unlocked the courtyard door to let me in, well after 10pm last night, I'd been hit immediately in my Tormentor's latest area of focus, and had limped the rest of the way into the house only to find it no better indoors...
So, while I appreciate any efforts that may have been made over the last few days to possibly improve our lot, be it from Logie or anyone else, alas, it was a FAIL...
Even as I sit here now scribbling at the desk, someone has re-ignited the cancer on my back as they zoom on in to share my words...

It had been on Wednesday night after 10pm that I'd born the very worst of Someone's fury as I'd lain trapped on my bed, while my attacker had gone after Millie the Gross with a will.. How long had it lasted?  Did I groan and weep for mercy at the time?  Come on, Knob, let's have the truth of it for a change.. I'd said nothing at all, and I'd not even logged that appalling display of enraged spite...
Last night's little CPF get-together had some truly memorable moments.. Once of which was an apparently spontaneous embrace from the excellent Captain S.. Something that would no doubt have enraged the Comms Officer, whether he was watching the proceedings live, or later... Politics.  You've gotta love it...

My Station Commander too, had stayed well past the normal polite pop-in, and it had been great to see everyone enjoying themselves while bopping to the karaoke music...
Is this my swan-song?  Pretty much, I guess...
To see my friends in a huddle over their relatively new-found shared interest put the seal on my fate for ever..
A bumbling, irritating, opinionated, if well-intentioned old Fool, who simply doesn't know when to STFU? *nods...
Are their troubles set to cease now that they're officially on board the surveillance Project?  Will  Sue the Book's bedroom curtain, now so often carefully twitched back a few inches to allow her light to talk to our garage light, or to my Controller's streetlight, ensure that the physical agonies and other mischiefs that she's endured these past years, have come to an end?
Small wonder young Zane had blown a gasket over his mother's hoarding tendencies, once it had been explained to him that, like I've said all along, their home will be visited by unseen Agents, and everything will be monitored and recorded.. He will of course have been subsequently reassured that no-one really cares what your home looks like, and just to go about improving his monitoring skills without stressing unnecessarily.. Neato...

My Vice Chair?  A wonderful and honourable man who will have long forgotten his promises to let me know when he finally gets invited to join Sutcliffe's quantum laser/wifi surveillance Experiment, and I certainly won't be holding that against him, not now, not ever..
Outnumbered and outplayed with eye-watering simplicity, there's little left for me to do but sit back in astonishment at your willingness to support this criminal project...

Was that a signal-enhancing light incongruously stuck above the door of that pitiful shack at Nkandhla?  Has our Jacob built himself those underground bunkers in order to escape the wireless monitoring?
Who was in those three unidentifiable dark-coloured choppers that had thundered low over ours in single-file on Wednesday at 12.25pm, heading towards Ridge Road and the city?
Sour grapes? Moi?  Hell yes... While my friends will no doubt get to hear of just how the wind-tunnels are created to carry their load into homes, and to sometimes startle the targets as they sit innocently in their baths, or in front of the television, this Eejit isn't likely to be given any answers...

While my friends will get to understand why their plug points often reach near melt-down levels, and their car and camera batteries can be remotely corrupted with ease, I'll be left out of that loop for sure... Why?  Simply because I talk too much, and the truth isn't something any of you wish to hear...
The sun's up and it's a beautiful day out there, so we'll keep this short and sweet, shall we?
My legions of detractors will doubtless be delighted to hear that I'm suddenly limping again badly this morning... Nonetheless, you have an absolutely fab day, and,
peace...

---oOo---

Saturday 14th December 2013 at 7.33am..