Tuesday, November 05, 2013

My 'special' Angel..
(begun Wednesday 6th November at 3.05am..)


Anyone care to sing me the first verse of the Data Collector's battle hymn?  The one that was tucked into the Sales Pitch used to sucker the many Devout here in the Zone?  Something along the lines of 'We'll all link together to guard each other from harm, and to weed out the evil among us?' Close enough, Mistuh van Zyl?
As far as your lot are concerned, it's all going swimmingly, right?
But what about the families of the enlisted?  What do they think, some nine years down the line, as their young adult kids seem to be growing further and further away from them, the more hours they spend in the company of their fellow-recruits?
Course it's way too late to start having doubts at this point, and it's no good exhorting the residents to love their neighbours, when young Kyle or Sharon regularly sits on the Smith's walls unseen, and finds them both to be equally disgusting...
I'm guessing that a great many people out there have private habits that will have the raw Recruits dry-heaving over their monitors...

Some years back there was a chap over in Michan who'd been taken in on suspicion of molesting the little kids in his home.. I remember blogging at the time that only Agent Balliram and his recruits over that side would know the truth of the matter, so what became of those charges, and who's the graduate running that section?
If this residential monitoring is indeed for the good of the community, can anyone cite an instance where it's actually worked to someone's benefit? No? It's early days yet?  Bollocks to that.  It's been at least five years since your young Johnny was enlisted to join this appallingly invasive Neighbourhood Watch, and nothing's changed except your kid himself?

What exactly is the criminal Mischief-Maker at No. 6 trying to prove?  That he can't be everywhere at once? Care to tellus then who acts as proxy Monitor when Agent Balliram has to be elsewhere?  Freddie?  Who was on shift this Monday at around 2pm, when No 726 Jan Smuts Highway was broken into for about the ninth time in a couple of years, and what exactly is the message you're trying to get across to that unfortunate Moth Cottage tenant?
Once his alarm had actually gone off, those perps had apparently careered through No. 17's property and over her gates into Harris Crescent, where they'd made their leisurely escape...
So, I'll ask again.  Which of you courageous soldiers of this Yellow Army were on duty on Monday at around 2pm, and where are the visuals of those thieves making their escape?

You were too busy watching the mundane activities inside your target's homes, and besides, only Agent Baliram is permitted to activate the devices hidden inside the streetlight cowlings? Really?  That certainly doesn't sound like an operation committed to keeping the entire neighbourhood safe, and I'm afraid I don't buy that you have to rely on the streetlights, anyways..
That nasty little episode had frightened the bejayzus out of the old lady on her own up at No. 17, as the thieves had thudded past her windows to make their escape...  A successful endeavour then?  Apparently not enough to satisfy our chief Organised Crime Officer at No. 6.

He knew that their kids would be out, leaving just the parents to be dealt with, and soon after 9pm on Monday night all was quiet up at my friend's house at No. 33...
He'd been sitting in the lounge reading in front of the muted TV, while she'd been in bed watching a dvd, when someone had said 'Where's the safe?' and he'd found himself facing a guy with a gun... He'd replied truthfully that there was no safe, and had managed to get up and back into the passageway, at which point a bloke came out of the bedroom with my ex-Treasurer.. She'd managed to hit a panic button as she was pushed out of the door, but for some reason it hadn't activated... Want to tellus why, Agent Balliram?  Ag, don't be coy man, you engineered that entire terrifying experience, and had blocked that alarm from kicking in, with ease...

He can't recall so much as one of their three or four dogs making as a peep during the entire event, which is remarkable when you think how noisily they react to someone at their gates... Or is it?  The ease with which Crackerjack and his graduates can remotely manipulate my two animals has to be seen to be believed, and he's had a great deal of practise on No. 33's dogs as well..
In fact, their beautiful Doberman X had to be destroyed not that long ago, when it suddenly, for no apparent reason, developed a personality change and began attacking the other dogs.. Remember that?
She told me recently that a similar situation is developing with their latest four-footed acquisition, and I'm not in the least bit surprised...
How hard would it have been for the Monster next door to nuke those animals into a comatose state before calling the thieves and giving them the all-clear?

Any of his graduates included in that operation, or does my Master like to handle these engineered horrorshows solo?  Anyone up at SAPS bounced into No. 33, or the streetlight just outside their gates, to enjoy the show? Laz?
My friends had been huddled in the kitchen, and had been about to hit another panic button when the first one had miraculously kicked in, and the robbers had fled with their TV set.. Turns out there'd been a third guy busily unplugging all the electronics while the other two had been shoving their victims about...
Frightening? For sure, and once you start to realise the truth of the matter and just how stunningly simple it now is for an Area Controller to engineer something along these lines, you've every right to quake in your boots...

Those dogs had been safely indoors, so it's hardly likely they'd been sprayed with Doom to subdue them, now is it Frederick? *snarls.. Oh, and BTW, although Chubb had responded too late to catch the buggers, at least they'd pitched, which is more than can be said for the boys in blue up at Sydenham SAPS.
Too busy watching the proceedings on the monitor?  Too busy applauding Balliram for a job well done?
My claims are all circumstantial and could've happened to anyone, and besides, the chap insists on having that door open to the world, so it's time he learned a lesson?
Although understandably those events are pretty much a blur, my friend says that the youngest dog had in fact eventually gone after one of the crooks, but her old man has no recollection of that happening...

They're going to have Chubb check out the 'faulty' panic button and have a trellis door installed, and although K says he heard two of them cock their guns, he thinks they were either replicas or they weren't loaded...
Who's next on your list, KNOB, and how do your recruits feel, seeing what you're capable of? That'll keep them all nicely in line, will it not?
Were you to hear so much as one whisper of dissent among your band of graduates as you stealthily activate their own powerlines to check on their loyalty, it could well be their vehicle that gets hijcked or stolen, or their home that gets invaded, could it not?  Honour among thieves?  Not a hope in hell, and certainly not while Agent Balliram continues to call the shots..

LATER at 5.20am

I'd been putting the orange re-cycling bag out on our verge just now when she'd bobbed out with their trash bags, and I'd mouthed a greeting to her which she'd not acknowledged in her haste to duck back inside No. 10... A shame, as that was an early warning that I should've picked up on years ago, but I'd simply refused to see until it was too late... Does her daughter call her over to check us out on the monitor? Has she ever seen the images of me that are stolen in our bathroom, in all my nekked glory?
My guess would be that she would rather run a mile than see exactly what it is that her family are involved in, and that denial is her best means of defence...
Another really good person who's had her mind made up that I'm some sort of evil witch that deserves all the attention I'm getting.. Sad...

That odd dry scaly radiation rash is creeping steadily up the back of both of my large thighs.. He'd asked if it bothers me and I'd replied no, not at all, although it sometimes burns a little as I sit here at the computer desk..  A symptom that could indeed be slotted into the psychosomatic category, as I regard it as a visible reaction to the hugely increased levels of EMR both inside and out of our home...  I've no doubt I'll eventually resort to showing it to my bewildered GP, who will probably prescribe a cortisone-based cream and send me on my way..
An allergic reaction to something for the first time in 68 years?  You think?  If that's the case, it'll certainly be due to my severely compromised immune system, unless it's something in the bath water that's causing that unsightly reaction?  Balliram?  I feel your rage and frustration daily..  As much as you've trapped and now OWN us, are you my captive, as I am yours...

A punishment you wouldn't have seen coming in your zeal to jerk my strings... You may rage and froth silently as much as you like.. You may physically (and certainly do) hurt me until my eyes leak, but the fact remains that until you decide to pull my plug, you're forced to acknowledge my fugliness.. Not something I would wish on my worst enemy, let alone the Smart City Project Planners Number 1 Expert in the field of organised crime and mischief-making... Will my 'special' angel predictably blow another gasket later today?  Rhetorical question, folks...

When we'd arrived at the vodacom customer-care outlet on Thursday, I'd been directed to the far end of the shop where a young man had barely glanced at my brick before sullenly saying they were 'offline' and he couldn't help me.. I wasn't buying any of it, and had persisted until he'd cracked a genuinely big smile and admitted he was having a bad day... Time enough for the GameWrecker to have sat down at a desk in the front to be assisted by the delightful Yesh, who was very much online... He'd even had a go at repairing the problem on my hacked Nokia, but had given up in the end, and had suggested we call the Help line instead .. Good idea Jannie? Hah!
Peace..

---oOo---

Wednesday 6th November 2013 at 9.17am...