Friday, September 20, 2013

Salacious gossip..?
(begun Friday 20th September at 4.05am..)


I fancy the truth behind Sutcliffe's marital breakup was considerably more sordid than the details fed to the Press..He'd developed an obsession for another woman?  Presumably they're referring to - no, not Ms. Subban, the other one that he worked with, and whose name escapes me for the moment...
Are those carefully distributed rumours enough to squash the other stories?  The ones that describe our ex-City Manager's tastes as outre in the extreme, and would indeed ruin what's left of his reputation forever?
It's costing that weasel an arm and a leg to get his humiliated ex-wife to play along with the 'other woman' damage control, and I've no doubt she agreed to it, if only for the family's sake...

Salacious and unsubstantiated gossip? You think?  You have access to that data base in the sky?  Then go pull out the footage stolen of the Town Clerk's own most intimate moments back in the early days, at about the same time we here in Sherwood, and the suckers down in Cato Crest, were rigged up as triallists for this monstrously invasive Experiment...
Oh ja, while Sutcliffe was using Roux and Petruccione's astonishing combination of technology to ferret out the juiciest bits of his colleague's private lives, to use as leverage, you can guarantee that his own life was being monitored and recorded for posterity as well...
Her refusal to reconcile has done his reputation and his business a mischief?  Not half the damage that could rain down on his head were the truth to be revealed... I barely spare the vermin a thought as I go about my daily life, unless I'm provoked by the sight of him spouting twaddle in the press... He should go away.  Far away.  And keep his grubby fingers crossed that Joe Public NEVER gets to hear just how he sold the citizens of eThekwini down-river, and changed their lives forever...

Just following orders, Herr Doktor?  You had no choice but to play along?  Bullshit! You took the carrot willingly, and revelled in the power you wielded once your Leverage files began to swell with stolen information, and right now you're caught between a rock and a hard place, are you not?  Your particular talents are no longer required, and other brighter, mischief-makers are running the show now, so maybe it's time to STFU and crawl back under your rock?
Unpleasant?  My dears, if you were to be made fully aware of Sutcliffe's role in the degradation of the eThekwini Municipality and it's citizens, I guess you'd regard my comments as under-stated, and somewhat mild...

Although I was once again treated kindly by my Trackers yesterday, I was grumpy for the better part of the day, and have no excuse for it other than the heat.. A heat that you would've expected to culminate in a decent thunderstorm, but alas, it hasn't happened yet. In fact, when I'd reared up at some point during the night, it was to see the stars shining overhead...

A follow-up on yesterday morning's Wild West events down in the valley?  No can do, and I doubt we'll hear another word on the matter, until the next theatrical production takes place...
I did however, get a text from my Excellent Neighbour, sometime before I headed off to the shops.  She'd said she'd been leaving to go to the gym (if only I had her dedication), when she'd seen a white car pulling into the little feeder road down to No. 2.. Then the three shots had rung out, before the white car had come back out onto the Crescent.. Did I know what had happened?
I've logged the time of those shots at 4.52am, so I'll leave it to you to wonder what's strange about that picture, and move on....

The redoubtable godschild is currently busy with some sort of building excavations next door, and when I'd merrily asked him if he was putting in a pool, he'd replied it was something to do with paving..
Could I interest him in the widening crack that's growing on the retaining wall that bears his booster shed?  Apparently not, and quite possibly he can't appreciate the full extent of the damage from his vantage point, but man, I wish he'd come pour a ton of cement into that crack before worrying about paving stones...
It's all about priorities, is it not?
All across town there are homeowners scuttling about their yards, hastily attempting to hide the evidence of Sutcliffe's fibre to the home, that now runs from their nearest streetlight into their plumbing...
Is that procedure written into the contract?  That no trace of that connection be visible to a casual onlooker, or the fibre will be removed?  Secrets and lies, mense....

LATER at 6.10am

Any of you remember how, years ago, I'd written of the flashing green goblin that my Controller kept in his garage at No. 6?  I'd watch from our windows and see that sparkling leaping green light crackling through his garage windows..? I've no real recollection of what I'd guessed was causing that interesting phenomenon at the time.. Had I suggested that WiFi could be creating that effect, even back then?
Oscilloscope?  That odd-looking machine that had stood out front by his pool for a while, ostensibly measuring the levels of what?
Was that before or after Kasim, Freddie, and Balliram had all emptied their swimming pools, and then refilled them?  (Perfectly safe technology SE GAT!)

I'd taken the dogs out for a pee at 8.15pm last night, and out of habit I'd leaned over the edge of the verandah to study my Good Neighbour's now regularly dumbed-down wall light... Never mind that, as way more interesting was the greenish-tinged hue of a light running right out of his top garage windows, over towards the mini base station at St. Theresa's Convent...  Alas, not the sparkling erratic green light of my Masters WiFi(?), but I'd hazard a static mercury vapour lamp of sorts... I'd muttered out loud and it was abruptly switched off seconds later....
Does this stealthy behaviour disturb me?  Hell no, it's par for the course for Recruits to this cowardly army to behave secretively, and I'd sooner trust the occupants at No. 10, than the snake at No. 6, despite that I may have got that horribly wrong...
Sure, I have a thing for blokes, and that'll never change, but when it comes to this monstrous Experiment, I tell myself the female of the species will have more self-control than the goondaboys favoured by the Druglord to operate the system... Will I come to regret that observation?

At times it would seem that by simply commending a Recruit, they're forced to resort to some spurious cruelty towards me, to prove their loyalty to their Puppetmasters.. If this is true, then so be it, as I can't help but like that little family, no matter what...
After all, they're as much if not more at the mercy of their overlords as we are... They're young and have a great deal to lose, whereas we..... Eh, you get the picture?

LATER at 7.30am

The wind is picking up, and it's a bright metallic grey overhead... Rain in the offing at last, or are the Weathermen saving it up for a spectacularly destructive flood, further down the line?  I'd checked with my Vice Chair yesterday evening and established that he hadn't been included in the invite to the Sparks Estate CPF Meeting last night, and I'll admit I was briefly bummed by the news...
Idiots are allowed, but the articulate and honest may rock the Project's boat, and that can't be permitted to happen?
I beg that in this regard you don't exhort me to be positive... I do that anyways, merely to survive, and if my Monitors were honest they'd have to confirm that I'm basically an annoyingly cheerful grumbler...
Take care and
peace...

---oOo---

Friday 20th September 2013 at 9.23am.