Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Request denied...
(Monday 16th September at 6.35am..)

*I'd fallen asleep last night to the stirring sounds of a Zulu Impi preparing to engage the enemy.  Their full-throated and rhythmic chanting was backed by the shrieks and ululations of their female student companions in the digs across the Freeway... (I'd probably ululate as well, if I were forced to live within a stone's throw of the Barnard Road cellmast that kicked off Sutcliffe's Smart City surveillance project).  Practising for an upcoming competition or theatrical production, or early pre-election mischief?  Who knows, but it certainly beats the hell out of the passing taxi's doef, doef, doef...*

The sound of a fixed-wing droning by high overhead, reminded me that the Project Consultants will still be heading inland each day, to assist in wiring each and every town and village to the Grid, and that for the most part it's SAPS that are bearing the cost of all this flying to and fro...

You've seen the state of the curtains hanging at our store-room windows?  I must update those pictures for you...  What do you think could've caused so much damage to the sturdy lining, and the outside walls surrounding those windows?
Moths?  You'd think, but you'd be wrong.. Not so much as a moth grub could survive the band of gekkos that live in the storeroom, let alone a full grown chomper of fabric..  I guess that any half-way decent Forensics laboratory could confirm this...
No, those old drapes have been systematically used for laser target practise, just like us...  Quite remarkable, when you consider the Head Boffin himself insists his technology is safe...

Do Petruccione's lab students get to wear safety goggles during their prac sessions?  One would hope so, though that's a darned sight more than his guinea pigs have been afforded out this way...
If the lasers can achieve such destruction to fabric through glass, (and they most certainly have), would that go a ways to explaining why the huge wall-stone hidden behind the palm shrubs has been daubed so heavily with the white substance that Vincent insists is a fungus?   I'm not about to argue with my Landscape Artist on that one, as I'm sure the head of UKZN's Horticultural Department (if there is one) could explain which particular form of fungus it is, and how they've managed to make it portable for distribution...
So ja, the earth around the top of that humungous rock is loose and flaking, and at first I'd assumed that our V had been attempting to prise it away from it's fellows.. In retrospect, and in the light of the copious amounts of white laser path-guiding substance, I'd say that specific area is used regularly for target practise, and simply another exercise to see how much structural damage can be achieved to ours.. Look Ma! No hands?
You'll have to wait as usual for the relevant photos, but I'll get round to them in the end...

Tuesday 17th September at 6.55am

Someone had persisted in whacking me at last night's CPF Meeting.. Someone who clearly lacked any self-control at all... I doubt our Operative Balliram has to leave home any longer, to achieve those eye-watering results, as you can guarantee the Madressa is now stuffed with wifi boosters, never mind those that were installed in our ex-Councillor's roof down at No. 84(?) Harris Crescent, a few years ago...
It'll be a doddle for the Knob to bounce his signal up to the CellC Raftery Road mast, and then to leap to Jacoob's roof, the Madressa, and finally to the little room behind the Hall where we hold our gatherings...

It seems like just yesterday that the now Expert in the Field would likely huddle with his erstwhile buddy Station Commander Glen Nayager up at Dodge City,  nudging one another and sniggering as they watched and listened to our members grumbling about the shoddy police service and corruption that was rife at Sydenham SAPS.  Members who would no doubt pay for their loose lips later, with extra visitations over their powerlines, and some of the more devastating frequencies pumped into their homes..
Once Nayager had fallen prey to the Omnipotence Disease that goes hand in hand with being given so much power over people's lives, I guess he was seen to be a dangerously loose cannon, and Barnabas would've arranged for the 'heart attack' that silenced his once-useful associate forever...What does Niri think?
That left our grubby-fingered pseudo-Intelligence Officer Balliram free to jump the fence and join the so-called Good Guys up at the Radio Station on Ridge Road, and to begin delegating much of the monitoring in ours to his nearby graduates, such as Narcissus and my Excellent Neighbour, not to mention Barnabas' ever-loyal footman at No. 12...
As it now stands, and going on the increased levels of the attacks I endured last night, I guess the voyeurs up at the Station joined Balliram to watch the proceedings at our Sector Policing gathering, and I certainly paid for those additional connections in that small space...Was the award-winning Community member tasked to lay his active smartphone on the chair next to me to enhance my pain? Pfftt....

A Ms. Maharaj had kindly posted on Facebook yesterday, to say she'd seen the corpses of four dogs at different points along her regular route to the office, on the N2... This had elicited a stream of mostly stupid responses, ranting at dog owners for not looking after their pets properly... If you have to leave your home for work each day, and a determined mischief-maker wishes to steal or release your animal, what are you to do?  Time for civilians to get off their jacks and take pictures of the odd blue-clad 'crews' that appear to be working in your street, and to follow it up with the relevant departments.. Were they there officially, or merely to go up and down the road letting dogs out? I kid you not...

Balliram has taught me over the years the depths that one human being will sink to, to create misery for his fellow-man, and this latest scourge of dog-napping has been created specifically by his Superiors, and no others...  I'd have to bet they're delighted and astonished by the ease and success of this latest vile directive, and that it's set to continue indefinitely...
Coincidence that it's elections next year, and that this latest dirty tactic will add to the finger-pointing at the corrupt in the Ruling Party?  I think not.. There are some seriously heavy players out there, determinedly seeing to it that the entire country is disrupted one way or another, and they don't give a damn who comes out on top as long as your home is wired to the quantum laser surveillance Grid, oppie ou einde...

Wednesday 18th September at 4.25am

I pick up the pen to start scribbling and I'm immediately thumped in the left side.. Interesting, as it's mostly on my right side nearest those three aircon units that I take my licks... Our ex-Ward councillor's cousin, Missus Kazee had it right, and I'm not one to be irritated silently... Course it's only now, years later, that I have to question how she knew I was a grumbler par excellence unless at least one of her own kids was at some point a student hacker in our home.. A Cadet, ushered in stealthily over our powerlines by the Main Man Balliram, to practise the art of capturing every word and scene that ensued, using Frankie's computerised laser program...
All this while later, I find myself embarrassed for her, and the ignorance displayed by her casual, if friendly remark...

Sure, I love a good moan, but I could do without having to bitch about the assortment of physical tortures I suffer in my role as a pinata for the local kids to gain the required credits they need..
In keeping with tradition, I'm going to kick off by saying whoever pulled this shift (now 4.50am), had my first thought as I'd opened my eyes, to be the presence of the Backfire frequency.. A truly unpleasant way to start the day, although it had vanished *poof!* as I'd sat up on the edge of the bed, only to be replaced by the first tingling pins and needles of the Klingon call-sign in my hand...
As a heavy smoker it's a given I'm going to have circulation problems, but I guarantee you that the Burning Hand frequency has little to do with the number of fags I go through each day.. The pins and needles had been withdrawn before my poor mitt had fully burst into flames, although my current Controller had enabled it again some ten minutes ago, before changing their mind yet again..

Right this moment I've had to shed my cardigan, as I'm suddenly way too hot, and the cancer on my back wakes up again.. Something I've learned appears to be unavoidable, as my Watcher zooms on in to read my scribbles.. Do you find that last option in particular, to be impossible to believe?
I had trouble with that one myself, and had even advocated on these pages that a target take to writing notes to their partner in order to foil the Monitors... Silly moo, as all along, the words I'd scribbled on the pad and held out for the Gamewrecker to see, were easily read by the Monitor on duty...
*Jersey back on*

On a somewhat lighter note, I'd sent the murderous Roid King a Facebook Friend request a couple of days ago, although up until last night, he hadn't accepted it... In the light of all the publicity he'd been given in the Sunday papers, I figured I'd give him the opportunity of seeing what the average man in the street thinks of him and his power-drunk behaviour..
Apparently it's not to be, although whether my request was blocked by my diligent Network Administrator, or whether Rajiv himself declined it, is anyone's guess...
Would I find the Racehorse Owner's son and heir, Lance, on Narandas' purportedly huge Friend list?  I've an idea that's a no, despite our Roy trying to hide the animosity between those two over-indulged bantam roosters..

Which group of nighttime airwave marauders does the Narandas boy join, on their forays across the powerlines after dark? Can you begin to imagine the cruelties enacted on his targets, by this steroid-fuelled dingbat?  He's a dog lover?  Not in a million years, and in spite of the artful PR pics, you can bet that more than a few of his neighbour's animals have been on the receiving end of Rajiv's laser attacks...
Coincidentally, one of the first dogs missing when I'd checked the FB Pet Rescue pages, had been a Jack Russell from Manors near Pinetown, and as much as you're being led to believe in dog-baiting and Pitbull fighting, it's basically a load of hogwash, and much simpler than  that...
Dogs are indeed the latest victims of the Smart City Project Planners, and the organised crime teams will have their employees stealing any animal foolish enough to get too close.. In the main, I'd bet they're simply all driven to a distant point and released, lost and terrified, while their owners mourn their loss..
In all the years I've been rambling here on blogger, you never did get the extent of the sheer wickedness behind this push to wireless South Africa, and just maybe the dog-napping will waken one or two of you at last...

I cut the front lawn yesterday.   A pleasant-enough pastime, although I would have preferred it to have been sans the dreadful ache to my jaw and ear that targeted me for the duration... That's some pretty hectic wireless levels right there, in order to achieve that effect, is it not, Mr. Spence?
Peace..

---oOo---

Wednesday 18th September 2013 at 8.57am.