Friday, May 10, 2013

Insult to injury..
(begun Thursday 9th May at 4.55am..)


Crime Intelligence Gathering has a certain ring to it, does it not? *nods to BeVonk.... Certainly enough to puff you up and make you feel you're doing your bit to save the country from ruin?  How much Crime Intelligence have the Operatives garnered from No's 4, 5, and 8 Harris Crescent, Sherwood?  Enough to justify the occupant's eight years of hell?  Are your Officers themselves scanned for criminal activities, or are they simply judged by their skills in employing the quantum laser Look & Listen technology, to the exclusion of their own criminal behaviour?  *Shhh... rhetorical question, chaps....*
Recruit two thirds of every neighbourhood across the land as unofficial Crime Information Gatherers, and they'll be so chuffed, they'll completely overlook the fact that they've lost their own right to privacy and good health in the process?

Nobody'd be that stupid, surely?  Turns out that the majority would, and in a big way... For all the earnest assurances that your own home's powerlines would never be accessed by your Area Controller, you're going to have to spend the rest of your lives wondering if you've got company in yours... There's not a whispered word or scribbled note that this sophisticated technology can't pick up and record, and you'd be a dumbass to think otherwise...
What are young Lance and Rajiv up to these days?  Do they still hit the Clubs as they used to, or have they finally matured and found more 'manly' pursuits to indulge in?   Are they both on friendly terms with their respective Area Controllers, and are they, as I strongly suspect, Recruits to the Yellow Army ranks?  Whose nearby homes do they invade on their 'Crime Gathering' forays, and whose daughters have them licking their lips?  You cross those boys with so much as one ill-timed word or glance, and you think they're not going to use their wealth to have a Controller exact payback on their behalf?

It's been interesting to note that over the last couple of days I've encountered a few of the niggling jabs to the left of my chest..  On each occasion it's been as I've been busy in the bedroom in full line of sight to the mini base station across the way, and each time it's disappeared quite quickly, once I've remarked out loud...
The Pervert is so sorely tempted he hardly knows how to contain himself, and I imagine he's forced to hustle off and go take his rage out on another of his less vocal victims instead...  I'd texted No. 17 yesterday afternoon, and was told that like me, she'd been enduring the Abdominal Frequency all week, but that she felt well enough to go shopping this morning..
Will Balliram have managed to leave her alone overnight, or will she have a relapse and tell me she's too ill to go, as happened last week? *waits...

Friday 10th May at 4.15am

Pretty comfortable sitting here at the desk in the dark, checking out the cloudy sky and imagining I hear the chopper far away in the distance... Click on my LED light, pick up my pen and *blam!* the picture changes instantly.. Millie's awake and angry, and the ferking Christmas Beetles in my ears rise an octave to a high-pitched whistle...
On a good day I can kid myself a couple of you might actually be interested in my waffles, but on a gloomy day it's for all the world like a rehab session..
Make it overwhelmingly unpleasant for the old cow each time she picks up her pen, and like Pavlov's dog, she'll eventually come to associate sharing with pain, and pack it in?  It works for me...

Yesterday?  Balliram had wisely backed off and left her alone the night before, so she'd been well enough to join me after all... Hitting her three weeks in a row would've been a dead give-away, and it looks like even our gung-ho PainMeister figured that out for himself... So we'd been treated to the Backfire frequency both in the Nissan and out, and she'd been oblivious to its presence... If she'd had an ulcer or an open wound it might have been a different story altogether, but as it was, it was just me and the Abomination that bore the brunt of the Sadist's company.... *the first of the pink Error Saving bars has just popped up.... *yawns...

Once I'd joined the GameWrecker in the Polo after 10am, things had taken a turn for the better, and if we were tracked at all, it was by someone with a much kinder touch than Raging Bull next door....  I recall one bad moment just after we'd sat down in Knowles to enjoy brunch, and I'd remarked to my SO how different it might be, were he not obliged to carry his cellphones on his person... If he could routinely leave them in the boot of the car it would probably test our Tracker's skills that little bit more, but of course that's just wishful thinking....
Anyways, I was pathetically grateful for the unexpected respite, and had come home around 2pm to find a clean house as well....

Was I in a lively cheerful mood as a result? Hell no, I was sunk in the slough of despond and going down fast, due as usual to my own crass stupidity...  We'd pulled in to No. 7a Broadway in Westville, to replenish the stocks of wors we buy for the dog's treats, and some snide Einstein had decided it would be fun to activate her neighbour's two gate pillar lights, for my benefit...
I'd have happily stopped outside her gates and done the transaction there, but they were already open, so the GW drove on in...
Is she a Graduate or a Novice to the Yellow Army ranks?  I'd have to guess the former, as she's one sharp cookie, and 'working from home' would mean way more than just selling wors and biltong from out of her garage....

After one glance at the enormous shiny new lamp affixed outside her garage I'd turned to her and blurted out 'So you're involved in the Crime Intelligence Gathering scheme as well?'  Twat of the century is me, and I'd broken my own number one rule without hesitation, and of course she'd had to lie in return, albeit in kindly, somewhat amused fashion.. Would I have pursued the matter had I not had Sceptical Sam with me? Who knows, but it would no doubt only have made things worse..
I mean, mygod, what had I expected her to say?  Yes, and we're doing great work?  Shame on me, is all I can say, and I deserved every bit of gloom that enshrouded me as a result...
If you don't ask, you won't force them to lie, and if I can't stick to such a basic tenet, then I fully deserve the consequences...

You'd think that after eight years I'd be used to the prevarication, but of course I'm not, and to see someone I consider a good person, look me in the eye and lie so baldly, is a stark reminder of my own worthlessness...
As a result I didn't bother updating my blog once I got home, and when I did finally log on, I'd gone over to my Facebook page, only to find that cover picture of the Nobster looking at me like that...
Guilt, guilt, and more guilt, and I'd wallowed in it throughout all the usual jabs and Backfire that was enabled in ours until bedtime...
(Though oddly enough, I've not logged a single instance of the appalling heatwaves that occur each afternoon and evening...)

Sure I'd woken a couple of times in the night, drenched with sweat, though that could be put down to the pressure-front in the area, and not the cook-outs that Balliram is so fond of holding in my bedroom... Am I back to my cocky carping self after my indulgent guilt trip yesterday?  Hardly, though it's a cloud of puzzlement that hangs over me at the moment, and not so much gloom at all...
The Recruits must surely be aware of the 6 standard-sized swimming pools worth of water being lost each day in the name of the Project, as with the hugely increased amounts of power needed to run this technology, and yet they steadfastly consider their 'Crime Intelligence gathering' justifies this corruption...
They must be aware of the reasons behind the engineered blackouts, and the billions it's costing to keep the Airwing chopper aloft as it updates each new installation?

Many of these Cadets must have come to discover that working with this astonishing quantum laser/wireless combo is affecting their health seriously, and that it's certainly not doing their targets any good?   I simply can't fathom how you persuade someone who is basically a good, upstanding citizen, to sit and target their fellow man repeatedly with lasers, when they can see and hear for themselves the agonised results?
It's just beyond my comprehension.. Balliram?  He's not included in the equation at all, as he was chosen specifically for his dysfunctional personality, but for the rest of you, I struggle to accept how easily you've been manipulated, I really do...

Did anyone bother exploring the connection between the frequency *and there's the second Error Saving bar up for my benefit* used to cause my little dog those petite mal seizures, and the similar effect caused to my unfortunate uncle up in the Amber Valley complex in Cowies Hill? You're too busy 'gathering' Crime Intelligence to bother?   In your avid excitement at being invited to join the biggest and most advanced  computer game the world has ever seen, have you possibly forgotten that you're human, and morphed into something else entirely?

LATER at 5.50am

It's been almost a week since the kettle resumed making that popping candy noise when it's boiling... Either the feed to that jack has changed, or there's something in the water, take your pick...
Shortly after my Good Neighbour had switched on her kitchen light last night, I'd been treated to an eye-watering battery of Knives to the Back, and I'd guess that it's the Saddo at No. 6 once again manipulating the feed from her's to ours... His ongoing attempts to have me consider her every bit as vicious and spiteful as himself are a total FAIL as always... *finger...
The increased levels of pain I experience are due to the fact that for the most part there are now at least two  Monitors in ours at all times..

Whoever pulls the official shift is now quite possibly unwittingly accompanied by a Lurker in der Bunker... Double your pleasure, double your fun... In this Zone of the Blind, ain't no-one going to question the one-eyed King at No. 6, and that's the truth of it, hey Mister van Zyl?
Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 10th May 2013 at 9.26am.