Sunday, April 07, 2013

Stepping stones...
(begun Sunday 7th April at 5.15am...)

*The near non-existent BackFire frequency has rocketed in the five minutes it's taken me to boot up the computer... *


Does it matter that millions of SA users left Facebook three months ago?  Roughly about the time I'd caved and signed up?  Are you serious?  If I can increase the handful of strong-stomached, die-hard visitors to my blog by so much as one, joining Facebook will have been worth it...
By last night it wasn't just my Cover photo's Drag to Reposition option that had been corrupted, and as fast as I'd posted some new photos, they'd been duplicated, and the Delete function had failed to work...

Happily, when I'd finally found the time to go browse the mybroadband forum last night, this time there'd been a link to their FB page, and I'd predictably hopped on over there and ticked the Like box.... Something that will quite possibly open the flood-gates for Jannie van Zyl's snuffling Fanbois to come on in and add their 5cents worth of corruption to my page, but that's pretty much par for the course...
You'd have to be a serious dumbass not to realise that any and all mischief to my online efforts can safely be laid at Balliram's door...   As my Owner, you're going to have to get his permission before you can lay into me, no matter how much the scurvy Coward denies it... So like I said, I'd been doing just fine, stumbling around that social network, until someone had probably decided I was doing more than just fine, and the mischief began...

My additional twenty nine disks of photos will have to stay sealed in their zip-lok bag for now, and it's really no skin off my nose or yours.... When you consider that all those pictures depict the years I was still running around like a chicken with it's head lopped off, not really knowing what I was searching for, they'd simply be further proof of my stupidity...
Taken well before my two enormously lucky breaks, and I'd discovered that ghostly green hologram hanging against my Good Neighbour's wall, and then had literally stumbled across Roux's self-indulgent article in a back copy of Popular Mechanics, it's doubtful my photographic efforts would raise any eyebrows at all.. *breathe....

In the rare moments I manage to forget my own insignificance and worthlessness, I foolishly think I deserve a bit better than this Goondaboy being allowed to continue tormenting me, but I get over myself quite smartly and plod on....
What did you say when I'd finally figured out the Trojan Horse sales pitch for myself?  About time?  Any old fool would've gotten it eventually?  How many years did it take me to work out how so many seriously good people could've been conned so easily into believing the Surveillance technology was a good thing?
My light-bulb moment had occurred during a conversation with Yogesh on Leon Chetty's durbanite site, and eureka! I had it....
The good chap had been saying that the only way to eradicate the rot was to work from within, and I swear at that moment I'd had a mental image of a big old wooden horse.. *chokes...
From there it was relatively simple to picture how Barnabas had gone about the Zone with his "I've turned over a new leaf and have the means to save the country" spiel.... How many times did he 'come to hear' of a particular resident who was struggling financially, and he'd graciously bail them out?  I'm betting you're dotted about from Reservoir Hills to Sherwood, right?  The fellow is a saviour, and not someone who's destroyed the lives of thousands through the sale of banned substances....*winks..

Who supplies the steroids that'll be doing the rounds up at the Westville Gym?  Rajiv?  Balliram? My Controller is way too cunning to fall into that trap himself, and it shows, despite his leaner appearance... So, where does that steady supply come from?  Earl knows..  As he sits in the background, chuckling smugly at his own perceived genius....
Man, the fellow has OWNED several shipping agents living in the area, for years, and he knows exactly how those shipments get into the country, and how they're distributed....  You want to believe he's untouchable, so you'll busy yourselves going after the small fry in the meantime?

Come, come, I sense a serious lack of commitment here.. Take out the rotten Head and his contribution to this dastardly operation, and at least you'll have achieved something worth crowing about... Don't bloody call me a pessimist, when what I am is a realist, FFS... If, after the past fourteen years of enduring the Sadist's engineered mischief, I can still wake of a morning looking for a miracle, there's no ways I can be labelled a pessimist... A dyed-in-the-wool Simpleton maybe?  A sin that's been regarded by even the best of you as unforgivable to the point where you willingly sit back and allow us to be physically tortured... As thick as I am, I continue to find that in itself  is remarkable, and it's guaranteed the stolen footage would reveal that at some point each day I still shake my fugly head in bemused bafflement at man's inhumanity to his fellow man...

LATER at 7.35am

Yap, yap, yappety, yap, and there she goes again... Hey, maybe it is because I'm incorrigibly stupid, and I can't hold onto a thought for more than a second, but I only have to look up out of the window here to feel uplifted.. It's a gift, I tell you....
Should I be impressed by the fact that the wizard, BeVonk, and even the charming Vanessa, are all out there actually doing something to save this country from ruin?  That rather than sit on some obscure backwater blog shrieking futilely of the injustice of it all, you're out there actively making a difference?  You wanna chat, ghoti?  Wanna talk about your most recent 'mission?'

Are you a graduate of the Master Class, and as such you're ordered to follow your prey from his/her home right to their place of work, or are your operations restricted to either suburbia or the city centre?  How many of the Corrupt whose homes or offices you've personally invaded sit today in a Correctional Facility?  Excluding those who've been charged but are out on bail, and who continue to receive their bloated salaries? Seriously now guys, how many of your targets are today behind bars, due to your efforts using the Surveillance technology?
That aside, did it ever occur to you as you spend months diligently hopping through the powerlines to reach your target's home, how this would affect all the innocent and honest residents situated between you?

Unlike the Sicko next door, it's unlikely you'd stop to check at their reaction to the sudden increase in EMR as you activated their system and used it as a springboard to leap into the next house, and the next....  If it's a lengthy operation, and you're going to have to visit that Crook's home for anything up to a year before you have enough to nail them, did you not notice the damage it's causing physically to the innocent links in the power chain?  Did you not see the destruction you're leaving in your wake, by way of cancers, diabetes, early-onset arthritis, and the like?  All the shit visited upon the unwitting stepping-stones you require, to reach your goal?
I figure that's about where the brain-washing tactics come into their own, hey Jannie?   Where the Party mantra of 'the average Joe is to be used as a means to an end', and your conscience may be clear that you're ultinmately doing the right thing?

Sergeant Clark's chirps suggest that he is more than just irritable these days, and that there's a great deal of anger simmering just beneath the surface... Hopefully he hasn't joined his Sydenham counterpart and signed a contract up at the Westville gym... Hopefully he gets out of the Station for the better part of each day, as does our Station Commander.... If it looks like mast rage and smells like mast rage, it's no longer safe to assume that's the case, though if Stephen has managed to avoid becoming a fitness fanatic, that mast over at Westville SAPS could well be contributing to his anger...  Is the lovely Colonel Emmanuel aware that the more time she spends out on the road away from her office, the better it is for her health in the long run?
Will our Station Head check on her to see whether that's the case, or has it indeed become every man for himself out there?

Do yourself a favour Sgnt. Clark... Book yourself into a remote little cottage up in the mountains that's far from any towers or wireless.. Leave your cellphones behind or wrap them tightly in sisalation and just chill for a fortnight.. The world is unlikely to end in your absence, and your stress levels are running dangerously high.. What good are you to anyone if you fall ill?

A fair number of vervets had arrived earlier this morning, expecting the usual handouts.. The Creep had opened up the BackFire frequency to watch my frantic efforts to toss their food over into the valley before any of them grew impatient and came up to the house.. A laugh a minute, Saddo?
One of the bigger as yet unmaimed bulls has taken to suddenly appearing on our verandah to announce their arrival, and even I can see that the footage of my ensuing and obvious panic could be found amusing... *shrugs...
For the most part they've learned to sit and wait on the valley wall, until I can toss their food over onto the ground the other side, but there's sometimes one who's cheekier than his fellows, and I'm reduced to roaring at the poor buggers...  Okay. I'm outta here.. cheers and
peace...

---oOo---

Sunday 7th April 2013 at 9.50.