Friday, February 01, 2013

Riddle-me-ree....
(begun Friday 1st Feb at 3am...)


Damn, now it's gone... I'd been sitting here at the desk enjoying the moonlight and all the stars, when I saw two tiny lights moving north.. They were that far away they could've been among the stars themselves, but I flashed the red on my little LED light to them anyways.. On, off, on off, and those moving lights just sort of disappeared immediately... Just minutes before, I'd seen a burst of light over the convent as a star suddenly grew really bright before winking out.  I can't remember when last I saw a falling star proper, as they now mostly seem to just increase in size and brightness before disappearing 'poof!'..   If you watch for long enough, you're bound to see a laser beam or two explode in the air, but these aren't they, and are much bigger and seem further away... Ja, I can see you all nudging each other and laughing at my new fascination, but I couldn't care less..  It's been some time since I showed any interest in what's above the laser showers, so I'll carry on until I'm distracted by something else..

I'd scuttled off yesterday afteroon to fetch the Panasonic and take THESE shots of the cumulus (sp) towering on the eastern horizon, and you can see for yourselves how that smudge has now moved over to the top right-hand corner.  Oddness... Okay, it's now 3.20am, and those lights are back and heading south this time, so I guess it's the Airwing chaps, though what they're doing at that altitude is anyone's guess.. I've caught the Pig's attention with my LED, and a NAT squeaks faintly into life outside the window..  The Creature had woken me at 1.30am, though thankfully I couldn't remember how he'd done it.  At 2.30am he hit me full-on with that weird shin cramp, and I was up and out of bed pretty smartly for all my size...
Wherever it is that he's holed up right now, you can guarantee I'm not the only one having it's wings ripped off and being poked at with his cattle prod...*gags... 
No worries. I'm happy enough to be up, and to see the enormous power he's pumping out from the wall light inside the Sister's ablution block.  It'd be interesting to find out whether there's anyone still sleeping in that building, and whether they're feeling the effects of all that additional power..

There's no real need to remind you all of just what a dumbass I am, but I'll do it anyways..
I've got no one to blame but myself.  I broke the rules and paid for it.  
We were running late yesterday and it must have been after 2pm when we'd arrived at the hectically busy intersection of Old Main Road and Anderson Road in Pinetown, on our way to the biscuit factory shop just around the corner .. There'd been a big red 4x4 moving slowly up towards the traffic lights, inches away on our left, as if the driver couldn't make up his mind which parking spot to choose, and I was briefly distracted, wondering whether he'd just keep going and smack into the Polo when my old man hung a left into Old Main Road.. Distracted enough not to see anything else, until that thin arm snaked down into the four inches of open window and removed my neck chain, before vanishing...

All I said was hey, and it was over... The GW didn't stop, as we were surrounded by jaywalkers, and we'd pulled into the factory shop parking lot and sat there for a moment, fairly speechless... That chain was so old, and worn so thin, that it was practically invisible, but clearly not invisible enough.. There wasn't so much as a red mark on my wrinkled neck where he'd yanked it off, with it's two equally paper-thin crosses...
Sentimental value?  Sure. One had been my old lady's and the other my grans, but surprisingly I feel no sense of loss at all... Not even the usual anger at allowing myself to be distracted by the vehicle and forgetting to put the last four inches of window up, as we do at each busy intersection.   Instead, I'd had the strange but comfortable feeling that I'd just joined the fraternity of fools who pretty much ask for it...*shrugs...

I admit it crossed my mind shortly afterwards that I have another chain equally old and worn thin, and were I to wear it next Thursday, could I entice that young contortionist to stick his arm back into the Polo, where I'd be waiting with my Stanley knife?  A briefly savage thought, discounted immediately due to the mess it would make... So no, we'll use the same route we always do each Thursday, only for a few weeks at least I'll try not to be distracted, and I'll put the damned window right up, well ahead of time.. Tsk.  *eyeroll...

LATER at 3.55am

When I'd checked yesterday, someone had posted a whole bunch of pics of Vince Auerbach on the DOC Facebook page *the frequency in my ears has just changed dramatically* and I rather wish they hadn't..  Up to that point he'd pretty much been just another victim of a hit, using the laser/wireless technology, but seeing him with his kids like that, made it sort of personal somehow, and I'm hard put not to fall straight into rant mode..
I see they've nailed Thoshan's boetie, though he's a long way from being put behind bars where he belongs.. You care to take a bet that the Magistrate who will be handling his case has already been tracked down, and his/her powerlines accessed?
You care to lay odds that Thoshan and his Buddies will be scrambling to find out whether that Law Official already has a personal Leverage File they can use to swing the outcome in Boetie's favour?  Hell, if all else fails they can pull the same stunt as young Rajiv Narandas, and have the power supplies to the courtroom cut, forcing an adjournment, and giving them more time to make a plan....

I decline to believe the Coward next door is not fully aware of the identity of the Controller who's knocking off the Cato Manor Unit officers... Caught between a rock and a hard place, Balliram?  If you give your fellow assassin up to Booysens, the Mob will come after you without the shadow of a doubt, so my bet is you're trying to pretend you know nothing, as you back away on your trembling pins...
By now Booysens must be aware of how tight-knit the fraternity of Area Controllers is, in this country, and that the cream of the stinking crop will meet up online and chat regularly to boast of their feats...
There's no way in hell Collin P. Balliram doesn't know the name of the person who took out Eva and Auerbach, and quite possibly tried the same thing with Kayclough...

This yellow-bellied Chop's 'expertise' in the field is worth THREE of your Officers lives, Johan?  *a tiny window has just popped up saying TweetDeck has crashed.  Click this balloon to restart the app.  As if...* How many more of your guys will be topped by the enraged Panday, before you put a stop to it?  Don't give me the 'it's complicated' crap, rather explain to the dead guy's families just why your hands are tied, and hope they understand...
You must have seen this coming surely?  I mean, mygod, it's been ages since Glen Nayager was taken out with such a flourish, using the identical modus operandi?  Did you not then warn every last officer in your Unit to watch out for any sign that their own tickers might be targeted, and to report it the minute it happened?

That were any of your men to encounter erratic behaviour with their hearts, they were to chirp loud and long to everyone who would listen, and only then might they survive as the coward retreated from their powerlines?  You're still swearing them all to secrecy, knowing that'll allow the Mob to continue getting away with it?  Fark it, Johan - You want to tell me all about it, and I'll spit it out here for you, and carry the can?  That is, if I believe you're telling me the truth, and not some bullshit line some of your colleagues thought it would be amusing to feed me?  Ooops... *winks..

Barnabas is in and out of that country, Vanessa?  Abroad maybe, but for the rest, I'm no longer sure of anything.. Our Earl is as prized for his Marketing and Promotional skills on behalf of the Experiment technology, as he is for his ability to arrange for huge consignments of banned substances to enter the country undetected... And like his Protege, the perverted Tutor come Area Controller, Balliram, the Project's Overlords aren't about to give him up easily.. *vomits..

LATER at 4.40am

My Noseweek finally arrived, and though I've yet to read all of it, I bet you can guess which story I fell on with glee, and why...?   How often in the early days of blogging did our Trevor Manuel's name pop up on these pages?  I swear I used to include him in the mix, did I not?  The billions that the Ruling Party decline to attempt to recover?  Why?  Could it be that those at the top were persuaded that the stolen billions were being funnelled into a project that would ultimately make them the richest men on earth, with the power to control the entire population? Mo? Schabir?  You want to whisper to us whether that's the right answer? That it was the then Intelligence Department guys who made the Sales Pitch to the new Government and suggested that leaving those billions alone would reap them untold wealth and power down the line?

A couple of bats are darting about against the lightening clouds.. Yep, clouds, folks.. The clear moonlit sky has changed dramatically in the last half hour, as once again the clouds are being pushed up from the south, and though I shouldn't be, I'm impressed.. *waves to the busy Weathermen....
Yeah, I see you there, and the magic you're creating.. Now if I could just catch your associates on camera.. hmm..  Man, I'm fighting the urge to rush outside with the Panasonic and shoot randomly at the sky.. WhereTF does this new fascination come from?  A couple of Koosie's UFO programs? Pffttt....
You take care now,
Peace...

---oOo---

Friday 1st February 2013 at 10.00am.