Thursday, February 28, 2013

Partypooper...
(begun Friday 1st March at 3.55am...)

*It's a battle keeping up, but I'm going to give a shot, and here's the second update of the day....*

I'd finally surfaced properly sometime after 3am, to hear a NAT right outside the window, using the rain as a licence to squeak... *snorts.. Both my thumbs and first two fingers on each hand had been infected by some sort of remote anaesthetic and were dead, while the Abomination on my back was already in outrage mode... The fingers thing?  If you think about it, that's quite some neat little party trick right there, getting the digits on both hands to react identically?  I'd sat down here at the desk eventually, and the first of the twinges to the lower back had kicked in... Five minutes later, and a sudden deep ache jabbed at my left side and bingo! I'd lay odds we'd more than one Peeping Tom in the room right then.... *yawns...

Yesterday?  My solo trip out had been marked by a great gout of the BackFire frequency as I'd emerged from the car in the parking lot at Hofmyer, and again as I'd gotten back into my banger at the Farmer's Market.. As I'd parked almost beneath the glare of that active overhead at the time, I guess the target had proven irresistible...
The GW had picked me up around 10am as usual, and we'd nipped down to the San to show off one of Millie's sisters that needs dealing with, sooner rather than later...*Will this spark our Majoor Groenewald into scuttling about to set up another live performance in my doctor's surgery? Will he pull his disguise as Head of St. Augustine's Technical Services out from his props box for re-use?

We'd gone over to the little Tafta-run tea garden at Botanic Gardens, and that had proven a really happy choice...It was practically empty at around 11am, with the result that I was all but hand-feeding a bold hadeda, and a spectacled weaver actually came and sat on our table, wanting handouts... The staff have taken to putting big spray bottles of water on the tables to shoo the monkeys away when they become too brazen, though we hadn't needed to use ours, as the Loner that arrived had kept his distance.. That big blustery wind had hit just after 11am, and the effect of it in all the big trees around us had been magical...
Millie had shrieked just the once about ten minutes after we'd sat down, as our Trackers established a connection, but they were civil after that, and I forgot about them totally..

That was pretty weird in itself... We'd sailed past the usually troublesome masts without so much as a twinge, and even sitting in the parking lot at Knowle's in Pinetown, they'd been uncharacteristically  reserved in their attentions.. Was it the wind keeping them at bay, or just a kinder than usual team of trackers?  *curious..
So ja - I'd been fine right up until the early afternoon, when I'd gone to lay down on Cloud 9 and had pushed the envelope over the edge...
Someone had kicked off the triple-woop! remote in der Bunker at 2.15pm, less than five minutes after I'd lain down, and the jabs to the neck and back had followed within minutes... You were in ours at the time? Well, you can give yourselves 50 creds for having me blow my top like that... *applauds...

I'd used the landline to call my VC briefly after 5pm, and again I was envious of Tamara's pristine intereference-free line, as the static had suddenly increased mightily... When I'd grumbled about it to the GW, his first reaction had been to say that Missus Balliram has always denied having an active landline, but there she'd been twice, as clear as a bell... Not long afterwards I'd called the Environmentalist, and again the static had picked up, just until she began telling me of a new contact she'd come across yesterday, at which point the interference had all but vanished... Seriously, these goonda eavesdroppers are so blatant, it's a joke..*eyeroll...

I'd suggested she enquire from her contact whether there was a University in her town, and whether their Physics Department had upgraded their wi-fi system at around the same time she'd begun to react so badly.. I'd forgotten to mention the alternative possibility that a nearby mast may have been recently embellished with one or more satellite dishes, but I'll get around to it...
That's be about right, Mr. van Zyl?  I know nothing of the town she lives in, but by now you'll have all her details and probably even her street address, and she'll have been marked down as a Dissenter?
If there isn't such a thing as a handy University in a town due to be wired to the Experiment, where do they set up the main base Station?  You won't always find an institute of learning on a hill like here at UKZN, and I can only imagine that whatever establishment you're forced to utilise, has to step up the levels of output to compensate for LOS?

I'll take a flyer at this point and say that never mind the assistance provided by St. Philomena's and the deadly (to Fabian Carey at least), amounts of EMF it pushes out to the North West, you might care to take a dekko at the water storage facility up at Reservoir Hills?  How are the workers in those offices doing up there?  Any stats on the cases of cancer and deaths that have occurred among the staff, over the past four or five years?  The lights running from the Reservoir will of course bounce to UDW, and I guess more than a few of the staff and students at that academy of learning will have suffered as a result...
You live here in Durban, and you're on friendly terms with Telkom's Master Strategist, Jannie van Zyl?  Then give him a shout and insist he tell you what it is that hangs in the sky above the reservoir itself?

You can quit your snorts of derision, Jannie dear, for that ain't no star up there... I've blogged it before and how it doesn't move from it's position, and when I'd looked up from where I was standing in the quad at Sydenham SAPS on Wednesday night, to see that damned thing still there and watching, I guess any doubts I may have had, had disappeared...  Is it's presence and it's role in the Experiment known to the lower ranks of Gamers that are ushered into our homes via our powerlines, specifically to torture us?
Are the Yellow Army recruits discouraged from showing an interest in ALL the magical facets of this astonishing technology, or does their Tutor point out that brightly glowing object, and explain to them just why it's there?
Does it very much depend on their level of competency? Someone say, like little Agent Newton the Graduate, will be aware of it's existence, while many of the young students who trail in through Freddie the Accountant's gates at No. 12, won't be filled in?   There'll be a similar 'star' hanging somewhere near the Uni of Pretoria, and at Wits as well.. Have they been pointed out to you yet, and if not, why not?

At 5.45pm yesterday the BackFire frequency levels had arrived with a bang, and had stayed.. By 8pm I'd had enough and I'd gone for a walkabout outside, with my camera... Was it shortly after that, that Balliram had gotten up and said they had to get home to No. 6?  Was he out with the family, or slouched on his own in der Bunker, administering that punishment I took?   Needless to say I'd heard Missus B arrive back at 8.25pm, although whether the Monster was in tow is unknown, and I'd packed away the Olympus and headed for bed... While not one of my more successful sphere-hunting expeditions, I did get THIS rather stunning and most unexpected result.. It's of the dwarf cyprus tree up on my rose terrace, and will you check out the tennis ball-sized beauty hanging above it HERE?  *curtseys..

I came in here to the backroom earlier, expecting to sit in the flashing light from the Sadist's enhancer at the top of his driveway.. Instead, I find he's stopped it flashing, and it's sitting there emitting a dull sick-looking yellow colour.. As effective as the intermittent flashes?  I'd guess it's not that far off...
Did I cause my Eavesdroppers much mirth yesterday when I'd tried so earnestly to explain for the hundredth time to the GW that the entire Experiment is based on lights 'talking' to lights, and that if that flashing stunner at our Controller's home was a genuine fault, it would be repaired in the blink of an eye, and not left, as has previously been done, to flash eratically for as much as a month at a time?
Your neighbour has a flashing light on a wall facing you, and you're not one of the Blessed Chosen? Maybe give them a call and express the mildest of concern, and see whether it's fixed forthwith?

I would warn the capering Jester next door that I've attempted to alert my Vice Chair to the cruelty now being unleashed on his own animals... That my speculations on the odd behaviour of some of the local canines are spot on.. My ex-Treasurer's docile and amiable young dog suddenly becoming vicious towards one of it's companions, to the point where it had to be destroyed?  The gentleman across Sparks who was so savagely attacked by his neighbour's dogs that he went and had a fatal heart attack?
Nobby's sudden overnight death, just hours before I could get him to the vet, and my own two unfortunate animals, whose strange behaviour should leave no doubt in your minds that they're as much targets for the Recruits as their owners ever are... *waves to Gervaise.....

My VC finally noticed his favourite animal's recent outlandish behaviour, and that she's been trying frantically to get under his house and into his basement.. Sounds good to you?  Not so much of an animal lover then?  Here. Pop a roid or two, do a few reps, and look forward to your next target practise session, you mindless twats... Oops!  For a second there, I forgot my lowly rank, did I not?
You chaps want to polish up your medals of honour and live for the day alone.. What you DON'T want to do, is to speculate what really lies ahead for you, as a result of your dedicated cruelty, as that might put a damper on your fun...

LATER at 6am

My Controller's proclivity for showing off has led to him giving away more secrets than may be judged prudent... I've just been through to the kitchen to watch as the DickHead switched my Good Neighbour's wall enhancer off and on repeatedly for my benefit, until I called him a cretin out loud, and he stopped his nonsense...
Stay safe.
Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 1st March 2013 at 8.55am.