Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Punch Bag...
(begun Sunday 23rd December at 4.45am..)


Millie had protested briefly as I was centred on someone's screen at 7.50am yesterday morning.. I'd been outside tidying up the little braai corner, and it's obviously an area that needs a minor reset on the monitoring options, so a yelp or two from the Abomination can be expected as they adjust their view...

I have the darndest luck sometimes, I really do...  I'd nipped back out onto the front lawn at about 10.30am, just in time to see three EWS kitted-out wekkers walking along the valley towards my Excellent Neighbour's boundary wall...
You know me, and ja, I did my usual jumping up and down with delight, waving thumbs up to them, and I'd fetched the little ladder so I could point out where the sewer cover was...
Alas, the grass on that bank hasn't been cut in yonks, and it's at least two foot high, so despite their efforts it was a Fail, and they couldn't locate it.   The GW had clambered up the ladder and invited them to come on over to ours, which they eventually did.   They'd lifted our drain cover and fetched their long stick thing and gone at it with a will, and pretty soon they had a fair-sized ball of roots yanked out, and the problem was sorted..
Nothing whatsoever to do with Balliram's control of the waterlines then?  Apparently not, though if you don't mind, I'll stay on the alert in that regard....
So there you have it.  Another minor miracle, and I was privileged to meet three exceptionally nice fellows who cheerfully attend to what must be one of the more unpleasant jobs going... I'd actually asked them whether they get double-time pay for coming out on a week-end, and he'd said far from it, so there's another fallacy gone down the drain..

Whoever pulled yesterday's shift in our home had treated me really kindly, and though I'd probably snarled out loud on a couple of occasions, I didn't bother to log them, so it can't have been too bad, and there'd been no sign of the BackFire frequency at ALL....
It had all changed dramatically for the worse at 2.55pm, as I sat in my corner of the lounge watching telly, and first I took a fierce jab to the head and then to the abdomen, before I was engulfed in a heatwave... Shift change? WHAT?   By 3.30pm the passage and the bathroom had become exceptionally hot, and I can't recall the levels of BackFire ever being so high in the bathroom as during that Matinee itself... *spews...

The GW told me later that evening that when he'd left for the shops, the Pig was home, along with the Pool Cleaners at No. 6... Keeping your filthy hand in as usual, Creep?   It had quietened down after that, until 4.45pm, when my ears began aching as I sat in the lounge.. A surge of Knives to the Back at 7pm, and then the Night shift kicked off at 8.25pm, with the unpleasant sensation to my feet and the accompanying heatwave..  By 9.35pm the asshole had some serious shit flooding our home, and as I'd walked into the passage a fierce headache assailed me above my right eye...
At 10.30pm I woke properly and discovered my hair was drenched with sweat, and the mattress beneath me was ridiculously hot to the touch.. I've written of that particular Party trick before, have I not, you CHOP?  You want to tell any qualified shrinks hanging about, whether you somehow feel much better after pulling that stunt?

You want to lay back and fill us in on the power you and your Advanced Class feel washing over you, at the time of those blatant assaults? *paper bag...  When I'd finally come awake for good, around 4am, it was to the realisation that I'd been used as a punch bag overnight, while I'd slept... My lower back was aching horribly, and Millie was protesting before I'd even moved an inch... And this is someone you're willing to work alongside, Vanessa?  This sorry excuse for a human being is someone you're prepared to liaise with, in order to nab a couple of effing Drug Dealers?  Ai.... *sighs...

LATER at 8.05am

The silver car with the larnie wheel trims was back on his driveway at 5.45am.  (*The GW has just tottered out of bed, and my ears are squeezed relentlessly, as our Monitor cranks up his eavesdropping options..)
I'd checked out those photos I'd posted on Facebook, and found that the white frame corrupting one of the pictures had subsequently been removed.. Busy, busy, busy?  It's my hope that Ian Halliday and Brian Poole are taking a well-earned break at this time of year, and that one or both of them become sufficiently bored and google themselves...
The more blatant mischief that occurs on our computer, the more those two gentlemen's names will continue to pop up on my blog, and there's not a darned thing they can do about it...

I was clearing the first terrace earlier, at about 6.15am, when the Angelus had sounded and almost set me off again.. The appalling cruelty being carried out on that band of Seriously Good women, under the sanctimonious disguise of moving them out of harm's way, is gaggable in the extreme... They've dedicated their lives to helping others, and what do they get?  Shuffled about callously like pawns, in this savage game...  Once the nunnery has been closed for good, will that establishment gain a more honest title?  That of St. Theresa's Experiment Station, perhaps?  *pukes...

There are those of you out there with the means to fix this blatant injustice.. Buy them a small house in an area not quite so saturated by Roux and Petruccione's marvellous technology, but within spitting distance of the friends and family they're being torn from so harshly... There are nuns living in just such a house behind Sydenham SAPS Station in Rattray Place, though they're of a different Order..
The sisters have been told they'll be leaving Sydenham around the 11th January, so you haven't much time to right this wrong... Will you do it?  Will you dare stick your neck and your wallet out, and see to it that Barnabas is thwarted in this respect at least?

Go take a drive in google maps up to Pomeroy and see for yourselves how these wonderful ladies are being rewarded for their years of service.. *vomits.. You there!  Ja, you over at Cobalt in Germany.. Raise your bloody voice and send a fat donation for an alternative home nearer Durban to be found for the Sisters, before one of them succumbs to stress... Everywhere I look I see mischief, misery, and rot surrounding this push to wireless the world...
Come, prove that you still have a modicum of decency left, and have this latest wickedness overturned...
I hear myself, and all the other bleating and futile requests I've made over the years since being thrust into the limelight as an Idiot Extraordinaire, and I'm unfazed...

Simply too stupid to give up?  If you say so... *shrugs...
Let Sister Stephen call me to say that some kind Mentor has arrived out of the blue, and they're now to be housed somewhere in Hillcrest, or Botha's Hill, and that their prayers have been answered.. No?  Am I to add yet another rejection slip to the pile?   I must go... Peace...

---oOo---

Sunday 23rd December 2012 at 9.35am...     PS As I stood up at the desk to go through and boot up the PC, a bunch of hadedas let out their noisy shrieks.. Opening up the airwaves ahead of my arrival, Dickwad? Sure you are....