Thursday, December 20, 2012

Old hat....
(begun Thursday 20th December at 3.30am..)

It's been a while since last I heard that sound, but there's that dull sort of roar somewhere in the background.. An aircon on der Bunker maybe?  I'd sat up in bed at 3.20am, and had automatically looked out of the window towards the mini-base station.  That big enhancer over there cuts right through all the foliage at the top of the mulberry tree, regardless.. Say WHAT?  Would you believe I could see that tiny bright red light in the bottom of one of the toddler's dorm windows upstairs?   Sans specs, nogal..  I went and fetched the binocs and ja - there it is, chatting away to the top of Balliram's streetlight pole as usual... *gags...

I don't know about those two and three-year old orphans housed there, but Roux's perfectly safe technology, combined with Senor Petruccione's wireless, has me feeling like I've been kicked in the abdomen this morning.. A faint self-conscious squeak has just begun outside the window, and while there was some remarkable restraint in the employment of the Backfire frequency yesterday, someone had spent a great deal of time hammering away at my internals instead... *eyeroll...
That had changed fairly drastically at 3.40pm in the afternoon, when a triple *woop!* rang out from der Bunker, followed by the savage re-instatement of the BackFire in our house...  Not long after that, the faint but unmistakable doef, doef, doef could be heard floating out from der Bunker... Old hat, and boring? Maybe, but there is something new to report...

This last week I've noticed a sort of wedge of heat just inside the kitchen door, and it seems to be coming off the microwave, or the wall behind it. Hau!  That area is full of magic, but I can't say I've noticed that weird phenomenon before now.. A block of heat that vanishes on either side of the microwave as you move away, is pretty darned fascinating... When I'd gone in there first thing this morning, there'd been nothing to feel at all, but instead a laboured, almost vibrating whine coming from the wall somewhere behind the microwave.. I'd shushed it irritably, and it had stopped quite smartly, but I'm beginning to suspect that's probably the point he's chosen to use to flood the house with so much crap...

A Microwave Engineer worth his salt would most likely be able to explain what's going on, and why I've got so many photos of THIS stunning multi-coloured bolt of light that consistently appears in the passage, just the other side of where the microwave sits in the kitchen.. Alas, the couple of chaps qualified to comment are not exactly available to me.. Telkom's Microwave Boffin is pleasant enough, but would doubtless run a mile if I tried showing him my pictures, and my link to Karl Muller appears to have been severed forever...  I've only got the vaguest idea of how and why that went so pear-shaped, but I figure they've a lot to lose, whereas I've not nothing left at all....
Those brief fantasies had been the best..*chokes.. The Rocket Scientist was suddenly going to appear on my doorstep and patiently ask me all the right questions before saying Eureka! and fitting the final puzzle pieces into place.. *falls over..
Instead, he appears to have decided (as so many have before him), that I'm a time-waster with nothing substantial to offer.. Boo hoo... Ag, when that nasty little realisation finally hit home, it took me maybe a day to get over it, and move on.. The rejection slips keep piling up, but there's always tomorrow, right?  Another one you can safely cross off your worry list there, Mr. van Zyl, and for once I doubt you had anything to do with it...

I'd been in the kitchen briefly at 8.20am last night when the Coward had dropped that Cap of Unpleasantness over my head, and my scalp had crawled at it's touch.. *startled.. It got me to wondering just how many secrets our Special Operative Balliram is sitting on...  Riding shotgun as Nayager's IT Monkey for so long, the one-eyed Station Commander would've delivered a never-ending stream of juicy information, not the least of which would've involved his Curry Mob contacts... How many delicious bits of info does our Area Controller keep tight to his chest, for use if need be?  Did he fill in his new friends in on the Royal Security owner's part in all of this?   Did he entertain his new associates with the story of how Mistuh Moodley took it upon himself to purchase that hole-in-the-wall outfit down on the Esplanade, simply because I'd begun taking my banger there for it's service?  Great Shift, was it?

Did Balliram spill the beans on young Lance and Rajiv's involvement with the laser/wireless Experiment, or does he shake his head and deny knowing anything about them? Man, if I were one of Nayager's crooked contacts, I'd be seriously concerned about some of the secrets this goondaboy is sitting on, hoping to use as a bailout, should the shit hit the fan... Nayager used to like to talk, hey Balliram?  He liked to brag at how he had this information on this guy, and could bring him down like lightening if he chose?  How he had proof that that one was involved in illegal activities, but that his IT Monkey should keep it to himself?  It's glaringly obvious the Coward gave up his former Mentor in return for a safe passage across the floor to the Good Team, but less obvious is what he's still sitting on, for emergency use only... Anyone care to remind the ChickenKing what happens to snitches?

LATER at 4.40am

I just switched off the outside lights and went out onto the verandah, causing the Bliksem next door to fling wide the connection to the Convent and in doing so, set off a bunch of noisy hadedas roosting in the trees in the path of the signal..  They drive you nuts with their disruptive cawing?  No man, you won't get a more reliable alarm system to tell you what's happening out there on the airwaves, than those prehistoric-looking birds, and that's gospel...

You saw I finally signed up for Facebook?  I figure if Muhomed won't come to the mountain, then..... *shrugs...
You'll have to forgive my caution when it comes to randomly signing up Friends, as I find the baggage they bring with them is frankly alarming..   My own kid could sink ships with the amount of friends on her page, and that's not something I fancy at all...  Are you going to start laying bets on how long it takes before I'm in over my head? *chokes...  The Wabbit over at mybroadband was right.  I AM predictable, dammit...
I'd used Word to copy/paste my comment to Toxic Bunny onto my blog yesterday, and you can maybe shrug that off as the cause of the resulting glitch and the microscopic font...

It's now 4.55am, and the Sadist has cranked the BackFire frequency up through the roof, simply because he can.. *vomits... I posted my question on the Right2Know's Campaign page on FB yesterday... Will anyone bother to reply, or will they just let it fade away unanswered? *waits...
I'm genuinely curious to know why Collin P. Balliram continues to be employed as anything other than a cell scrubber, let alone as some sort of Intelligence Operative, who holds the power of life and death in his filthy hands...
There's Good and there's Bad, and despite all the efforts to have you believe it's more complicated, it's not, and the Greys should make their minds up, ideally before they go down with some inexplicable radiation-related illness..
Take care and peace

---oOo---

Thursday 20th December 2012 at 3.45pm.