Thursday, October 18, 2012

Act in haste...
(begun Thursday 18th October at 3.10am..)


Have they always used spheres floating in the background of so many of their ads?  DSTV?  Your basic white or transparent circles floating about, prettying up an otherwise boring screen?  There's a chance my marbles have left the room for good, but what if it's some sort of subliminal messaging that's getting viewers to regard those orbs as being associated with good things?  ie. Relaxing in front of the box?  It's not like I've ever paid attention in the past, but since the arrival of those pretties that hang in every inch of my living space, I can't help but get a pleasant jolt when I see them on the telly...  Here's another crazy what if...

What if the PTB have decided that it might not be such a good idea for the Mast Fighter and the Rocket Scientist to actually see and discuss the Idiot's photographs?  Has a teeny bit of concern crept in that there's a million to one chance the actual workings of this invasive world-wide wireless/laser Experiment could be brought out into the open?
What to do?  How's about creating a major diversion.. A distraction so compelling it'll have those darned pictures put on the back-burner for a long time?  Jannie?  Am I off and cantering through my own fantasy world again, sucking these wild ideas out of my thumb?  But see, if you wanted to steer her focus away from those incriminating pics, what better way than to 'leak' news of the planned erection of a vodacom mast at Craigavon?  To tie up her every waking thought in fighting this latest attempt to slap her in the face, and to make sure it drags on for months?  Hell, at the end of each day she'll be so knackered, the last thing she'll want to do is wander round her garden shooting pictures in the dark...
Besides, it's unlikely the spheres up there in Fourways form anything like as dense a blanket as they do down here in Mr.Overkill's section, and it might take her weeks of snapping away randomly to capture just one of the buggers hanging about nearby...

I guess you've finally conceded that seeing one of those orbs on your camera's monitor can change ones thinking quite dramatically.... That your entire concept on the reasons for the masts mushrooming, will take on a new meaning, and you'll come to realise that it's not just to improve the quality of your cellphone calls at all, but that they're vital to the enhancement of the audio/visual surveillance technology... If you're going to have your heavy-breathing Operatives able to access any home you choose, at the tap of a key, you're going to need some sort of mast every couple of thousand meters...
Stef Roux comes right out with it in the Tangling with Telecoms piece, where he says existing masts may be used... And like I've said all along, sure they can, with the neat addition of several innocuous- looking satellite dishes...

But it's simply not enough is it, Mr. van Zyl?  There are just too many gaps between existing masts for the technology to invade the entire country's privacy... Up the rental fee?  Ferret about in a desirable neighbourhood and find the residents who are in the dwang financially, and approach them with an offer they can't refuse? Standard telecoms industry practise for sure..
A country full of financially vulnerable suckers is so much easier to manipulate, not so?

Nayager and his IT Monkey demonstrated successfully how simple it is to hit a target repeatedly in their pocket until they're hovering on the brink of penury... Surge a couple of major appliances, have a vehicle or two stolen, and that bank balance is going to start giving you night sweats, right?
Knock, knock, knock, and there's the voda rep at your door to save the day... We'll give you this irresistible amount of money each month in return for letting us use a small corner of your garden? There isn't one iota of proof that your proximity to a cellmast is in any way damaging to your health.. LIAR!  It's all out there now, but your average stressed-out Joe hasn't the time or the inclination to do the research, and if you're lucky, he'll sign on the dotted line without a hassle.. *spews..

LATER at 4.15am

I'd finally gotten round to visiting mybroadband after 2pm, and I confess it had been a relief to see that my Inbox remained empty.. I'd gone in and read the message I'd sent to Fingolfin, and the heat that suffused my raddled chops had nothing for once, to do with the Monster next door.. *pink... In eight years nothing has changed and I still come across as a raving lunatic..*chokes.. There are two threads pertaining, though typically, I can't give you either title, just do a search for Fingolfin and you'll find them easily enough..
There'd been something missing the day before when I'd first stumbled across his/her posts, but by yesterday it had been rectified, and the Strategist's No. 1 Soldier had arrived on the scene to defend the surveillance technology..

BeVonk had been given an excellent platform, and he'd made really good use of it, though I'm a shocking reader and much of it was just a blur... Am I correct in saying he'd remarked that a few comfortably off people were causing problems for an otherwise sound exercise?   Who was he referring to?  Okay - Ms. Dorney ja, but who else?  As fortunate as we are, there's no ways we would fall into the affluent bracket, and I'd aver that was one of the reasons why this little corner of the Crescent was chosen to kick off the Experiment here in eThekwini.. The designated guinea-pigs were all financially vulnerable, and as such easily manipulated, hey Earl?   *winks..

What areas does BeVonk invade? Oops, I mean patrol?  Gauteng? WP?  What is his attitude to the cook-outs being employed at Ms. Dorny's home in Craigavon? Does he merely deny they're taking place? Does he not rub shoulders with the Organised Crime boys, given equal access to the unwitting sheep's pens they invade?  Would he recognise one of Agliotti's employees if he met them?  Would he even care?  I only had to go read that paragraph I'd sent to Fingolfin, to remind myself why the Coward next door remains in charge of our lives, and why I've failed at every turn to make a difference... Bummer.. *eyeroll..
Was I crushed? Tempted to toss in the towel forever?  Hell, no..
You have to remember I'm way too thick to see the writing on the wall, let alone translate it... It was simply another missed opportunity, and I trudge on regardless...

A ruddy great electric storm sprung out of nowhere yesterday evening and we'd lost our TV signal, so I'd taken the opportunity of fetching out the Olympus as the rain began to thunder down.. Calloo, callay, oh Frabjous Day!
I got me a whole bunch of winners!   Just pointing the camera out of the kitchen door into the courtyard netted me a set of stunners, and in one, the frame is filled with those tiny v-shaped points of light, as I got seriously lucky with the ultra-short laser beams...
When I showed him the results, the GW had first tried the lame ' maybe it's just the reflection of the flash bouncing off the rain', but he'd fallen silent quick enough when I showed him the shot I'd taken of the verandah, where the white painted walls themselves were covered with spheres.. *beams...

Everything in moderation?  Apparently not down here in the Zone, where a Druglord and his devoted Double-Agent IT Monkey run the show...
It's growing light and I must go.....

Peace..

---oOo---

Thursday 18th October 2012 at 3.13pm.