Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Man the trenches..
(begun Tuesday 18th September at 10.25am..)


Was it you, peering over my shoulder as I went through the pile of newspapers in the lounge at 7.10am this morning, causing the BackFire frequency to rack up unnecessarily?  Early tuition, perhaps?  Later on I'd signed into mybroadband at 9.10am, blissfully free of pain and discomfort....
I was still happily browsing just before 10am when the toothache had arrived, followed a few minutes later by a double woop! from der Bunker...
At 10.05am the up-to-that-point-non-existent BackFire had arrived, and is still with me now, even though I've logged off, shut down, and am out on the verandah...
Whoever it is that lurks in der Bunker, apparently saw me settle down out here, and at 10.30am another double woop! sounded as he zoomed in on me, to see exactly what I was doing...*eyeroll...
At 10.38am, first the little fixed wing SAPS plane buzzed high overhead going north, followed immediately by the second by-pass of a low-flying Airwing chopper, heading back across into Sydenham.. busy, busy, busy....

LATER at 11.05am

Our Marker Boy is back after all the wet weather, and he's standing across by the gumtrees waiting for me to notice him..*sighs... Butcher Road se GAT!  The only thing he'll get from Butcher Road are his next instructions on where to place a marker or two...

Skills? Moi?  It'd be an understatement to say my forte is in causing offence... Sans logic or commonsense, it's been a fairly simple matter to thud down on any number of sensitive toes as I've grappled to find answers to the mystery that surrounds this Experiment...
I remain baffled as to why she declines to help.  It doesn't matter what I've guessed at in the past, or whether I was right or wrong, or even whether I hurt her feelings in some way..  What matters is whether she feels the Rocket Scientist's input could make a change for the better, were he to be fully aware of the South African laser/wireless operation... .. Beg? Grovel and plead for her assistance, despite that I've freaked her into silence by my creepiness?  Ai carumba!  The power of the incomprehensible written word...

LATER at 11.25am

A black chopper with a blue logo/flash on it's side is showing a remarkable amount of interest in the Dome area across in Mayville, as it flies in ever-widening circles.. A contractor, assisting with the link-up to the Grid?  An Investor?

I'm going to worry at it the same as I do to Millie, and ask straight out that the political science student stop off at ours the next time she's down this way... That she flat out overlooks her doubts and distaste and calls me.. She may be a young slip of a girl but I trust her judgement totally, and all I want is for her to see my photos..   Let her go through my four memory cards on their cameras, untampered with, apart from the batteries being remotely dumbed down, and let her draw her own conclusions as to whether they're worthy of further interest, or not...
Have I asked this all before?  A vague feeling of deja vu creeps over me.. Damn my failing memory banks! If I've begged this favour of you already and you've not replied, then your reasons must surely be valid, and it's likely this painfully drawn out tango will never reach a conclusion...

Wednesday 19th September at 3.35am

How much time does Balliram spend at the office over at the Radio Station on Ridge these days?  Was it his own idea to teach from home? *winks... Checking my logs I find that yesterday had been an exercise in heavy-handedness, and a repeat mention of earache in my notes, confirms this... My stream of curses during the afternoon made no difference at all, and the bathing session was a sadistic joke...
Later, at 5.20pm, I was back in front of the telly when there'd been what seemed to be an attempt to explode my right eardrum... After all the practise he's had in ours, there's very little room for error, so I'm guessing that display of savagery was either deliberate or will be laid at the door of a Learner...

Just after 6pm I'd poured a jug of water over the bottom kitchen step and taken some photos.. Nothing, though I'd gotten extremely lucky when pointing the camera in other areas.  There's something about the early evening sky, while there's still a hint of blue (!) in the west, that shows up the swarms of spheres to perfection..*beams... I'm often inclined to think my rewards are due to the extreme amount of enhancers daubed about our property, and that as a result, I can hardly miss...  Who could've predicted that stealthily slapping on all those ugly substances would've been in any way to my advantage?  *dances...
Several times while I was clicking away merrily, the flash would suddenly be dimmed down to a weak little flare, and I imagine some fairly ferocious interference was emanating from der Bunker, but despite that, I had very few Deletes among the many I'd taken...
Once I'd gone back outdoors with the camera after 8pm, it had been to an enraged Controller who'd followed my every move about the yard with the exquisitely painful Knives to the Back  *eyeroll..  Far from deterring me, it has the effect of spurring me on.. Not something that the Thug next door has ever learned to comprehend...

I would've said that my Good Neighbours were incapable of deliberately harming so much as a fly, but the mere fact that godschild was somehow persuaded, despite all his beliefs, to participate in the lies and secrecy, is proof of the Planner's cunning..  It's all going beautifully to plan, is it not?  Each day she endures my often bellowed curses, they become easier to ignore, until kindness will become a thing of the past, and I'll be regarded as just another irritating old target she's forced to put up with... *shrugs...  A daunting thought, and I guess I need a miracle right now.. *waits stoically... Like I said wiz, it's pretty hard to practise denial when you're confronted 24/7 by the glaringly obvious... *waves...

I see Denel made the press again this week, though I can barely remember why I'd blogged them in the first place.. Something to do with Gerrits Beeuwyn and a satellite being used to provide the live-feed for the Experiment?  I imagine it had been his Dutch roots that had my cooked head trying to create a connection to the Brotherhood who infest the top echelons of this SA experiment... *yawns...

There'd been a large amount of water on the road as we'd headed up to the Meeting on Monday evening.. The first runoff was coming from ex-Councillor's Cousin's small property, and was running right down to the stormwater drain outside the Home for the Blind.. The other one was running down the Crescent from the Madressa up by the Hall.. Both properties probably have waterlines crammed with fibre optic cabling, and were clearly unable to cope with the recent flooding rains...(Edit: The GW tells me that when he picked up Sue the Book after 8am this morning, there was a runoff in progress from the house next to Carol's old home, on Jan Smuts Highway...)
I still don't get the importance of water and lasers, and doubt I ever will .. Sure, the enormous wastage due to the cabling is horrific, but it's something more than that, that's quite beyond me to comprehend...
Does the clue lie in the emptying and refilling of those three swimming pools a couple of years back?  An expensive operation, all carried out within weeks of each other, and I never did manage to stumble across a reason I could accept...

How are you doing up your way?  Still on Basic Training?  Still trying to overcome those pesky feelings of embarrassment at being able to invade your neighbour's most intimate moments of privacy?  Does your Tutor talk you through it, reassuring you at all times that you'll get used to it, and that's it's for the Good of Mankind? *chokes...
After all this time, I still battle to grasp how watching someone take a dump is going to change the world for the better, but I'm betting Mike Hoxbig over at mybroadband could give you any number of reasons... An eye for an eye, young man?  If I'm not mistaken that certainly sounds like one of the mantras that would be gleefully promoted by the Yellow Army leaders?
Are you a fully-fledged Area Controller yet, or getting there?  What area do you have your eye on, or do you already gatecrash the privacy of your neighbour's homes, playing god, to the best of your abilities?  *curious... Have the Planners devised a vaccination yet, or aren't they going to bother?  Ja, you know what I'm on about.. The ruddy Omnipotence Disease that goes hand in hand with the enormous power you're given over people's everyday lives....

LATER at 5.10am

I've just opened the back door to find that little greenish-coloured pinpoint of light is back to winking on the side of my Good Neighbour's dumbed-down enhancer.. Pretty.  As tiny as it is, I never underestimate the functions of these powerful signal enhancers and their assorted tweaks, and you can guarantee it has a purpose...
It's a soft grey day here in the Zone, and the wind is starting to pick up early..
The Lurker next door is amusing himself/herself with the woop! remote, and it's triple woop! has already sounded out from der Bunker at 8.45am, 9am, and once again at 9.10am.. I figure wherever our Game Show Host is, that he's bored witless already, and hoping his pet monkey will provide him with a reason to increase his assaults...
Man the trenches! Incoming!
Peace..

---oOo---

Wednesday 19th September 2012 at 10.59am..