Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Soiree...
(begun Saturday 11th August at 7.30am..)

By 6.45am Millie had already settled into a slow unpleasant burn, and when I'd gone into the lounge to turn the desk lamp off, I'd hit the Earache frequency full on.. Back in the kitchen at 7am, and suddenly there was nothing.  No burn, nor aching fillings, no nothing.  Magic.  It didn't last, though he's refrained from the actual Knives to the Back so far...
You listening out there Fred?  If you're to be the scape-goat every now and then, are you going to pay attention when I report the fruits of your labours out loud, or are you set to treat us with as much contempt as your friend and buddy, Balliram?  A cunning plan indeed, to have the spotlight hastily shifted on to your efforts every now and then, don't you think?
Did Michael Barnabas ask you personally to throw yourself under this particular train?  In reward for what, exactly?  You're already in debt to him, and there's no ways you're going to rock that lucrative boat?
Is your head as fried as my Controller's, or are you still capable of seeing how you're being used?

I can't remember what year they'd moved in to No. 12, but it will have been around the time our Earl was snapping up properties all over the show, and planting his soldiers strategically about in readiness for the Experiment's kick-off in 2004/05...
Ring a bell, Fred, or will you insist you weren't recruited way back then?  Hey, it's water under the bridge right now, and I guess you're going to have to step up to the plate and show us what you're really made of...
Will I end up praising you for your restraint and lack of malicious vindictiveness, that's been Balliram's trade-mark all these years, or will my Area Controller's constant visits to your connection to check up on you, lead to even more pain in ours?
As I sit here now, scribbling at the desk, the Knives are hovering the background, and if I may say so, it's entirely unnecessary... *snorts...

LATER at 11.30am

Was it just coincidence that I heard more than a few voices calling out from the ChickenCoop earlier?  A message to let me know that I'd been wrong again, and that the Famille Balliram spend many happy and safe hours on their property? *winks... You'd forgotten my trolley is already severely overloaded with the bullshit surrounding this fabulous experimental project?  So no, I'm not buying it...
Apart from the heat-wave, it's not been bad outdoors up until now, and I've been up top several times without so much as a jolt when I passed by the overheads...  
The heat outside is a shocker, coming so hard on the heels of the snow and all... It's anyone's guess whether Balliram has dumbed the system down deliberately in order to paint a cozy picture of family spending time at home, or not... *yawns...  If so, my respite is doomed to end fairly soon...  If there were a way to capture the holograms during daylight hours outdoors, I guess you'd find they're as thick and as dense as ever...

LATER at 8.45pm

It's a guy thing?  I'd asked the Aviator about using a UV filter on the camera, and whether I would be likely to see anything unusual, and he'd said no, and that the lasers I go on about aren't lasers at all, and that the spheres in my pictures aren't holograms... *blinks... I then walked right into it by asking what he thought they were, and he'd replied something about fairies and malevolence, which finally got through to me and I'd STFU smartly... *grins..
It's been sort of interesting to see how people I regard as Brains (both the Aviator and the GW) react when they find they're totally out of their depth, and how they resort to facetious sarcasm to hide their short-comings.. Bearing in mind how long the GW derisively dismissed my claims that the waterlines were being stuffed with fibre optic cabling, until years later, that fact appeared in print... *eyeroll..

I'd been uncomfortably hot in the lounge since before 5pm, and had started catching holograms on camera once the Knives to the Back arrived.. Check - there's three HERE by the ceiling fan, and several in the other pictures as well.. Then I'd taken myself outside with a couple of fresh batteries in the Olympus, and halleluja, did I hit the jackpot!   Just as my poor Controller had slapped the lumo paint right across his front deck in order to reassure any Doubting Thomases, did he arrange for a day at home with the family, and a party at the end of it.. *beams...  I've yet to smell any meat cooking, but there seems to be a great deal of smoke around, almost as if someone has put a damp log on the fire and left it to smoulder for hours...   Whatever - the pictures I took outside are amazing... What's good for the goose, Balliram?
Everywhere I turned I captured dozens and dozens of the spheres, and I'd even gone up top and taken a couple directly at my streetlight, which I've not attempted before after dark, with the most fantastic results HERE and HERE...

The Pink target-seeker had put in a brief appearance after 5pm, though this time it had hovered somewhat lower down on the wall behind the telly as it moved about.. Hau!   It vanished for good a few minutes later... When I'd persisted in showing the Aviator the results of my endeavours, he'd said in exasperation that they would get me on television, before he put me back on ignore... *eyeroll....
Crushed?  Questioning my own sanity?  Hell no..   I'm familiar with pain, and I know when those pretty things are inside my home that I'm in trouble...*shrugs... Malevolent spirits ?  Faeries?  Is he serious? *falls over choking... Sure, I see the odd laser beam proper as it flashes by me, and if I'd known what I was looking for at the onset of this brilliant scheme, I'd probably have been seeing them for ages, or at least once the Pig had brought them into our home...

I could grind my yellowed stumps with frustration at the thought of all those wasted photo-ops... The concentrated and deliberate assault on my left wrist that had caused my hand and forearm to balloon up HERE, would have had my bed literally surrounded by the thickest cloud of holograms imagineable, and instead of reaching for my cameras, I'd been writhing about, begging the Sadist to put an end to my misery.. What a plonker!   Ah well - I've more than made up for lost ground by now, and fingers crossed you're acquiring your own collection of hologram pictures...
'To mitigate the decoherence it may be possible to use shorter relay links in the free space quantum communications system with the aid of teleportation'.. MAY, Professor Roux?  Why you humble genius you! *spews...   And you've gotta love where he says 'I'm not aware of any commerical company involved with this technology'   That's quite some beak you've got there, Stef old man, and it's growing by the day.. The telecom's industry don't qualify as a commercial company?  Pull the other one, dude...

Sunday 12th August at 4.15am

Oh Lawd... I go on at Stef Roux in much the same way I used to rant at young Leonard Els before I met him, and that was a major oops... *red... That's one really nice guy there, and he does actually give a toss about what's going on... He never did get back to me about coming for a second visit, this time to see my pictures, and I've pretty much had to let it go.. It will have happened to many more young physics graduates across the country, as those that were deemed bright enough to figure out the implications behind the combination of technology being used, would have been carefully flattered into accepting invitations from Petruccione to come sit in on the experiments being run at the local Unis, in the field of quantum laser communications... *draws breath..

There were probably further character assessments done on him behind the scenes, each time he arrived at UKZN to participate in the classes... Did someone realise quite early on that having a kid of his own had changed the young mans attitude to wireless, somewhat?  Whatever.. I'll take a flyer here and say that the PTB found they had to tread very cautiously around Leonard.. I've no idea whether they were eventually able to persuade him to run a base-station out of the Pietermaritzburg Uni for the Project, or whether they found someone with considerably less ethics, but much as I imagine happened to the Political Science Student, he knew too much, and would've been leaned on heavily to hold his tongue...
I've copied and pasted several of my blogs to him since we last met, and I'm confident that he's now got a pretty good idea of what's going on...
*It's now 4.45am, and the frequency in my ears just changed so dramatically that I'd grinned and salaamed my Controller before I could stop myself..*

Living tucked away down the side of a mountain won't make one iota of difference to Leonard's own safety and that of his family, for all it takes is a nearby cellmast, a set of overheads, and the streetlight outside his home, and they're in... Godwilling they'll treat him with kid gloves, and he won't find his lights dipping fractionally of an evening, and pockets of extreme heat dotted about inside his home...
When did he first come to realise his every move is monitored, and his phones are all compromised?  That would've surely happened well before his visit to ours, as Jannie and his colleagues would've needed advance warning each time the young Professor was asked to visit and measure mast emissions for a concerned resident, so they could have that specific tower dumbed down to the standard levels, ahead of his arrival...

Sadly, up to that point the young Prof would've probably been clueless about his shadowy monitors, and  only after he'd called on us here in Harris Crescent did everything change for the worse... *sighs... See, I owe the guy bigtime.. I loved those fancy wirelessed phones, and the fact that I could still take and make calls right up top at my gates.. That I could sit outside and chat to my kid for an hour at a time.. Only once I'd heard Leonard's measuring device HERE go absolutely bananas when it met my wirelessed phone, did I begin to realise the appalling implications of the hours I'd spent with that thing tucked against my head, not to mention my kid the other end on her cellphone...
What's done is done, but when Professor Els said that wireless phones are in fact way more dangerous to your health than cellphones, I'd packed those babies away the same day...

Whatever he decided to do after that, is his business, and won't change my opinion of him in any way.. I know a good bloke when I meet one, and I can only wish him good luck and the very best for the future.. It's a shame he'll never get to see my photos, but if they've got the 3 Stooges deadly combination of technology running up in Sleepy Hollow (and you can bet they have), he only need head to his nearest charitable institution after dark to net his own clusters of the spheres...
Peace..

---oOo---

Sunday 12th August 2012 at 11.24am..