Saturday, August 11, 2012

Duck 'n Shuffle...
(begun Saturday 11th August at 4.15am)

He wouldn't.  Not with the youngsters down for the weekend.
It was probably some time after 7pm that I'd started feeling really dodgy, and then I'd caught sight of my mug in the mirror.  Whoa!  I'd had a vodka about an hour or so earlier, but I'm a tank, and it'll take a quarter jack to have any effect on me... *curious... I hastily shed my jerseys and slippers and put the fan on, but it didn't improve at all....Hot, hot, hot....
The GameWrecker had come through at that point, and his face was a deep scarlet as well....  I'd asked if he felt okay and he'd cheerfully replied that he was on his second G&T and that was probably why we were both rather more flushed than usual.    I'd then remarked on it to the Aviator who'd shrugged and said it was winter, and that's what happens in winter... *chokes..

I'd lay odds we were being microwaved on High, and that it only showed on the two ancients, because our immune systems are already shot to hell.. That'd be about right, hey Balliram?  Doing the old duck 'n shuffle much?   It matters not who exactly was pushing those levels up like that, or under whose orders... You're the Area Controller and can happily take the credit... *applauds...
The ChickenCoop has been having it's flooring done this week, and quite possibly there's some sort of sealant been put down to finish off the work.  Maybe our Controller was simply irritated by the mess, or maybe the fumes from the sealant affected his judgement?  You've gotta love how I inevitably hunt for reasons behind his actions, when in truth he'd probably told his proxy to try something different for a change..   I should've taken a picture of the GW's face to show you, but that would've destroyed his good humour, so maybe next time?  You can guarantee there will be a next time...

My old man had come in from the shops to say the Daily New's headlines had Sutcliffe walking away from the Manase Report scott-free... *yawns... Needless to say he hadn't wasted money on actually buying that paper, so I'll wait with interest to see whether the ultra-cautious Leon Chetty will post the article on www.durbanite.co.za.
Will the small but once vociferous band of Sutcliffe detractors on that site continue to tell it like it is, or will they fall nervously silent?  He's supposedly no longer employed by eThekwini, so what's holding them back?
Is it all starting to make sense now?  That the repulsive ex-City Manager was handed Roux, Petruccione and Groesbeek's combo of surveillance technology back in 2004/05, and that he used it to invade the private lives and dealings of his staff, to build himself an astonishing stash of Leverage Files that he could fall back on, should he find himself in a corner?  And so it was....

His merry band of trough-feeders will have been gaping in awe at some of the details that Sutcliffe has pulled out of his bag, on their shady transactions... You only need check to see whether his dear colleague Jacquie Subban's name is on the list of those he's outed, or in fact, whether the filthy-rich Mpisane duo are set to go down bigtime, to make up your own minds as to whether the dirty work continues...
I visualise the scrawny Chop sitting surrounded by a mountain of Leverage Files, as he chooses which ones to hand over, and which to keep back for a rainy day... Good times, hey Mikey?  There's buckets more cash to be made out there, in your new role as Consultant, and with the Telecom's Bigwigs backing you, I've no doubt you'll be flitting around the rest of Africa with the Team as they wire up the entire continent to the Grid...

There's no denying he's good at what he does, and he could probably write a book on how to chop the middle-class off at the knees, to create the right conditions for the installation of the surveillance technology... Do they travel in a pack?  Does Sutcliffe get to ride with the Chris de Burgh look-alike and Francesco Petruccione in a private jet supplied by Telkom, as they head up North to drop in at the various Universities in each country?
That's how it works, Jannie?  A suitable University is chosen in each city, to set up the initial wireless base station, and once that's up and running, it's the streetlights and the cabling through the water lines, not to mention Telkom's own wireless boxes going up on the poles across the entire area....
New masts will be springing up like mushrooms, and existing towers will have the innocent-appearing satellite dishes added to them, and the fun will begin...  I kid you not...

We'd lived here for 28 of the 36 years in total, in DLOS to the Barnard Road cellmast, without a single side-effect, and it was only after the addition of those satellite dishes that are hidden away among the fake branches, that the shit literally began to hit the fan...
It's now 5.30am, and it's well worth mentioning that I've had NO problems at all since I rose after 4am... Not one.  Millie may as well have gone on vacation, she's been that quiet and well-behaved, and I would ask you how often I've said that of late... *startled....
Why this astonishingly sudden cease-fire after yesterday's concentrated assaults?  Will those of you who've been following closely consider as I do, that the unfortunate Creature next door did indeed microwave us on high last night, and that his instinct for self-preservation has him cowering guiltily in his corner of der Bunker as he runs through his list of alibis.... That it won't take him long to reassure himself he's in the clear, before he and his proxy are back in ours, at optimum levels (*as I type here into blogger, I'm treated to a double-woop! from his remote).. Freddie call for backup? *grins...
Can I count on Millie to warn me, or has he finally found a frequency to fool her?

LATER at 5.55am

Cola had needed to pee at that point, so I'd taken him out and had stood on the front lawn checking out the thin layer of cloud going overhead, in the cold morning breeze... Millie had stirred in the glare of the overheads, but since coming back indoors, she's shut up again...*blinks..
My Controller is enjoying a rare lie-in after a night of carousing?  Celebrating his ability to cook his own Labrats on High, without fear of fingers being pointed?  *eyeroll...

How many of those Olympic athletes carry chips embedded in their bodies to enhance their performances?  You heard Barrie Trower speak on the subject, and surely it must have occurred to you that the athletes would've been regarded as prime specimens to be experimented upon?  Do the Olympics officials have scanners that can pick up the chips that have enhanced some of those performances to an astonishing degree?  *curious...
A hadeda just let out a startled cry in the still dark valley nearby, and I swear Millie had responded immediately by prickling with anticipation.... Have I become more of a Pavlov's dog that I care to admit?  Am I in fact, unaware of just how predictable I've become? Godforbid....

Did she renege on her promise to follow me, and why is she unable to lift a finger to help?  halicon?  You want to tellus anything in that regard?   Could it be that you were instructed to tell her just enough about the experiment to swear her to secrecy?  For a while there I'd had the impression she'd joined a LAN up your way, and was lost to me forever... Was that the intended plan all along?  Enrol her, to ensure that her lips would remain sealed?   Let's face it - no-one can resign or leave once they've been recruited, even when they've come to see the horror behind the entire premise....
Is that what's tied her hands so tightly?  I had her marked down as one that would move heaven and earth to see justice done, and despite my occasional doubts, I don't think that's changed....  I get the feeling that she's trapped somehow..

Imagination again?  It's almost as though she's had some sort of net thrown over her to muffle her voice and restrict her movements.... Ag, it's probably just more florid imaginings on my part, but I'll never give up hoping that she continues to visit me here, and that she's put two and two together to see the Truth, no matter that she can do nothing about it...
Does the fact that I continue to puff away on the cancer sticks and that I love the sun, cloud her judgement?  Does my stupidity in those areas cause her to doubt my words?
By now she's seen how easily a smear campaign may be employed to undermine her credibility.. Though in my case I'd supplied much of the fodder personally, it certainly never applied to the viciousness that's been used against her..
She was a real threat to your lot, and as such she had to go, hey Jannie?  I'll never get to know of the convoluted methods used to cripple her, but I'm 100% certain you can take credit for that achievement... *spews....

The sky grows light and Millie has woken at last.. A more subtle and cautious awakening than usual, I grant you, but it won't be long before my nose is running again...
Peace julle..

---oOo---

Saturday 11th August 2012 at 9.13am.