Friday, August 31, 2012

The Objects of my Afflictions..(can indeed turn my complexion from white to rosy red)
(begun Saturday 1st September at 12.45am..)


The ginger tom?  He's been winding up the four-footed Home Guard for the last few nights, and it's likely he's the reason I'm sitting here at this odd hour.. I'd let them out for their frantic frothing perimeter check, and discovered by the time they'd come in and settled down, that I was wide awake... *shrugs..
As of course is my poky-nosed Monitor next door, as he clunked noisily in behind the TV to see what I was up to... Just pegging the curtains against the sudden blustery wind that's sprung up, is all, but maybe he gets time and a half for important data captured after midnight in ours, so I'll leave him to it.. *eyeroll...

Yesterday had been my first ever encounter with liquid nitrogen, and it had taken till the afternoon for the grinding mechanism that passes for my brain, to figure it out.. If I'd gone to the GP back when my old lady had mildly said 'you should have that looked at', over a decade ago, it would have taken less than a minute's eye-watering pain, and Millie would never have gotten off the ground...
As it was, I couldn't see her, and by the time I'd bothered to pay any attention, the option of nitrogen had been replaced by the knife... If only...?  I can't be sorry for myself in that regard, as there's no point, though if you'd whispered to me about the Project and what was to come, maybe I would've done things differently...

It's now 1.10am, and he's trying his tinny nunu enhancer on outside my window, and I bet he wishes he could slam me with his triple-woop! remote for better results, but of course that would have the whole of the ChickenCoop awake and interested....
Who's idea were the blue garden refuse bags, and was their choice of colour deliberate, or just a happy coincidence?  I can't remember when they were first introduced as a money-making scheme by the Swine down at City Hall, but chances are it would've been around 2004/2005.
It was pretty obvious from the start that there was never any real intention to separate them from the domestic refuse, and everyone accepted that it was just more evidence of the greed that was infesting the Municipal offices...
Is it pure imagination, or would the laser showers not find that pretty blue colour irresistible? What had begun that train of thought had been the sight of an old white bucket/container with a bright blue logo flash that was lying in my Good Neighbour's rockery, up by his top wall, and I'd decided immediately how useful that could be as a direction-finder for the lasers...
A hop, skip, and a jump, and I was thinking about the piles of blue garden refuse bags lying about the area every week, though now that I've written it down, I think I'm stretching it a bit... *grins..

Bubba has cranked the old BackFire frequency from near non-existent up to misery-inducing levels, since I first sat down here at the desk, and I'm assuming it's just force-of-habit spite as usual, and that the Poor Thing doesn't know any better.. *yawns... He more than made up for Thursday's reprieve, and I'd spent much of yesterday effing and blinding at every turn....
I'd caught THESE little buggers up on the wall just after my bath, though they'd evaded the camera earlier.. How can I pick them out from the paint peeling off the walls in there?  Just zoom them in, and a sphere is a sphere, be it tennis-ball or gob-stopper size...

They'd been thin on the ground in the lounge later on, right up until 6.22pm, when I'd suddenly been overwhelmed by heat, and had whipped out the Olympus to catch THIS series of shots.. A DOS attack by the orbs?   *falls over choking... Naa, just His Crookedness having one of his increasingly frequent show-off moments....
Will you look at how pretty they are, clustered about over there above and behind the television?  No, I'm not going to try counting them either, as there are probably different numbers in each picture... Like I said, not the first time the Chop has pulled that stunt, and it sure won't be the last... He'd given a similarly ostentatious performance of his skills on Friday 17th August at 6.34pm HERE, which I don't believe I gave him credit for at the time...*belches...

I'd have to bet that it wasn't the agonising BackFire or Knives to the Back frequencies that had me catching those swarms back then, but a similar heatwave that had arrived out of nowhere, which had had me clicking away like a loon as a result...   It's moments like these that keep me going.. Shooting away at the blank free-space surrounding me on the off-chance that I'll get lucky, and the camera will pick up something that I can't see, and here in the Zone, I can hardly miss... *beams...Those pictures I got out in the mist last Friday morning at 6.02am are, to me at least, astonishing, and hopefully when I'd shown them briefly to my Vice Chair on Monday evening, the SAPS quadrangle Eavesdroppers had heard him express his amazement...

When I'd checked into mybroadband yesterday, there'd been a thread in the Photography Forum where rpm had asked for ideas for a new competition, and for a fleeting second I'd been sorely tempted... A rare visit by the voice of reason had quashed the idea as quickly as it had come... When I look at the seriously beautiful photos those clever kids produce, and I look at my feeble efforts, I'm aware that mine are of theraputic value and little else... If I can capture the spheres with my Beginners Only attempts, you can barely begin to imagine the results achieved by those who actually know what they're doing, and the thought puts me firmly in my place..

LATER at 2.25am.

The Dog Disturbance frequency?  Do you never tire of your own genius, Master?  It certainly appears that way... *snorts..  Bearing in mind the option our Area Controller has of remotely blocking my camera's batteries, he can and does degrade the quality of the pictures themselves to a certain extent, though more so on the little Olympus than on the Panasonic, for some reason..
Either way, it's never deterred me, and as long as you can see the Objects of my Afflictions clearly, I'm happy...  Catching those two spheres just inches from the GameWrecker's mouth, as he stomped off into the passage-way muttering and mumbling about the flash bothering him, was a treat, and tells a story in itself, as the data-thieving Operative bagged my old man's rantings, to replay later for his chommies.. *grins..

Sure I'd love to show my pics to the Rocket Scientist, but without him here to see the same results on both cameras, there's a chance that he'll dismiss them just as the Environmentalist did, after seeing only a half-dozen... Now that was a wake-up call second to none.. *chokes...
Surviving in the thick of it, I know what they are, and that they're the furthest thing from spiritual entities you could imagine, so when an intellectual sees them and starts going on about ghostly apparitions and the like, it's pretty darned devastating...

Did Balliram show you the forwarded mail from Karl Muller that was in my box the night before last?  No Jannie, I'm not asking you, as it goes without saying Mistuh Brown-Nose would've brought it to your attention chop-chop.. Anyone else?  The one concerning lasers and water?
Maybe you want to exercise what rights you have left, to information, and request that he show it to you in it's entirety?  It's obviously way over my head to fathom what she's on about, but it's only right that you be given the opportunity to take a dekko for yourselves.. Don't accept any blustering lies from the Knob either.. That's the only mail I've had from the Educator in more than a fortnight, so he knows exactly what I'm on about...
Being on the inside of this fantabulous technological marvel, there's a chance you'd be able to follow what to me is double-Dutch, and who knows, it might actually give you pause for thought?
I figure it's typical that despite I didn't understand a word of Marion's missive, I found there to be an ominous air of foreboding about it, but then I would, wouldn't I?  If you were to query it's contents with the Telecoms Strategist, you can bet he'd shrug it off airily, and insist it's rubbish, but that's something you should be allowed to decide for yourselves, if of course you have any will of your own remaining?

It's now 3am, and he's dropped the BackFire levels to the point where I'd wondered if he'd gone off to catch a kip... The fluctuating frequency in my ears says that would be a no, and that he's still very much nearby...
The sudden blustery wind has also dropped considerably, and it's a beautiful bright moonlight night out there.. (eh, even as I write, a couple of swift and spiteful jabs to the back tells me I was correct, and the Pestilence is still around...)  I'm going to give Cloud 9 another go, and see how it pans out.. cheers..

LATER at 6.30am

Geez, what a sluggard!  I'm running the garden sprinkler right now, and whether Sensitive Sam next door has taken offence at that innocuous activity or not, he's gone straight for the Knives to the Back as I sit here at the desk.. Unnecessary malice on this beautiful spring morning, but dem's da breaks... *shrugs.
So where's Stef's grand laser machine housed?  Way over at the University of KZN, being looked after by his buddy Francesco Petruccione?  If I were to venture over to the area behind the Uni after dark, and to pick my overheads carefully, would I capture colonies of spheres as dense as those outside my windows?

Just the one machine?  How the heck would you get such vast quantities of laser showers from just one machine?  The only way in my dumbass opinion, would be through the powerlines, and I'm betting that THIS white box now sitting on Balliram's streetlight pole, along with it's recently arrived green mercury vapour lamp, have plenty to do with it... The guy had said they're Telkom's wireless boxes, though if you recall, it had been eThekwini's Electricity Department Security Division who'd dealt with my initial query.. All nicely hugger-mugger together, hey Al?  Just like I said all along...
Peace..

---oOo---

Saturday 1st September 2012 at 8.44am.