Saturday, August 18, 2012

Flamed...
(begun Sunday 19th August at 3.40am..)

That roly-poly dude and his side-kick have been camped out over under the gumtrees for nearly a week now.. Yours I believe, Balliram?  When the threat of the Fire Department's arrival put paid to the arsonist's previous attempts, you changed the modus somewhat?
He's way too porky to be a vagrant, dressed as he is, in his fake Muni blues...
It was sheer luck that I'd noticed the orange flames last night, and had climbed the stairs to check it out.. A nice cosy campfire? Nope.  It had been built at the base of one of the trees, with obvious intent to commit murder... HERE...

I'd surfaced sufficiently in the wee hours to find that my neck was once again the focus of my Controller's attentions, and that there was the most appalling stench outside.. Like wet cloths burning?  I'd had enough time to recall the myth? that thieves burned a CD under your window to knock you out, before I turned over and went back to sleep... *eyeroll..
So ja, someone's clearly making it worth that pair's while to have a prolonged go at the remaining trees across the way, and you don't have to break sweat to figure out who that could be..
When they'd blatantly lit their fires the first time, I'd called the Fire Department, and the lorry driver had sped back down the hill in haste, to warn them.. The only possible way he could've known that I'd ratted on them, was from my phone Monitor, so it's not exactly rocket science...

There's a pair of yellow-billed kites building a nest down behind the giant wild fig in the valley (probably not a wild fig, but for the sake of convenience), and I'm pretty sure it's the same two birds I'd told you about last year... Their arrival just adds to my general confusion, and I suppose it backs Stef Roux's claim that his technology at least, is perfectly safe... It hasn't kept the fruit bats away either, as I still hear them now and then, nor the tiny bats that live in our garage roof, and it hasn't kept the Masked Weavers from building their nests down on the fever tree at the bottom of the valley..
Typically, neither of us can tell the difference between a frog and a toad, but my old man reported seeing one by the braai area over a week ago...

Turns out the lonely animal had finally found it's way over to the basin of water I keep next to the birdbath for the hadedas, and last night after 8pm he/she suddenly set up singing their croaky song.. Unless a hireling is tasked to toss a couple more over our wall, it's doomed to die single and unsatisfied, like all the other imports have done, over these past few years...
Sure, the bees came back after a year or two, though they still act crazy in the front garden, but the toads have pretty much left forever...
Were we included as guinea-pigs for McCleod's sewage into potable water experiments, as well as the Three Stooges and their special Operations?  I'd lay odds that's a yes... *spews...

I'd used google images to check out Francesco Petruccione yesterday.  What exactly had I expected to find?  Horns, and blood-filled eyes?  A more ordinary vanish-in-a-crowd mug you couldn't find, and I put the results on my blog... Did you notice that he, like his buddy Stefanus Roux, is also familiar with the University of Freiburg in Germany?  And that Uni's connection to the goblins at Cobalt, would be....?
Is it now a part of their Physics Department's curriculum for those students to drop by my blog to get a first-hand account of the ongoing experiments run on us here in Harris Crescent?  How long did it take them to figure out that ninety percent of the data they were given by our Area Controller, was hogwash?
Were they intrigued and delighted by the results of the concentrated attacks on my wrist and hip, or were those students already well aware of the power of those weapons of war?

Who'd been the first to grasp the implications of their studies in quantum laser communications and free space, and who'd set up a covenant with the Telecoms Industries as a result?  Was there ever any major Boffin-bickering over who took credit for the concept?  Naturally, any such in-fighting would've had to be kept under wraps, though our Stef was allowed a minor crow in the Popular Mechanics July 2011 issue...
Are Roux and Petruccione still on speaking terms?  Do they both liaise regularly with the Physics Department at the Freiburg Uni?    Did Francesco advise his Fanboy Michael Sutcliffe on ways to avoid the fall-out himself?   I suspect that cancers alone, have reached epidemic proportions across Sutcliffe's personal fiefdom at the eThekwini beachfront, but you can rest assured those aren't stats that will ever come your way...

With Puppets in crucial positions being strategically placed to ensure the truth remains hidden, there'll be no alarm bells ringing until it's far too late....  The war on cigarettes has now been joined by the suggestion that an addiction to fizzy drinks can lead to all sorts of health problems, when in fact, simply getting out of bed in the mornings can be fatal...
At 1.25pm, I'd been enjoying QI on the box when four noisy 'woops!' had rung out from der Bunker...
Balliram had held off for the most part until my old man got home after 4pm, and then our Controller had tossed the BackFire frequency aside in favour of the Knives to the Back...*blinks...
Each time the GW opened his mouth to make a remark, I was jabbed repeatedly, for whose entertainment?  Was our stolen conversation restricted to the Sadist himself, or were we on some sort of conference call shared by No.s 10 and 12, amongst others?  *curious...

Care to see what I caught during that painful exercise?  Check the old man just heading through from the lounge into the passage HERE, talking as he goes... Check the two spheres, that for all the world appear to have floated straight out of his mouth.   Naturally I'd been dead keen to experiment further after that, but true to his nick, the GW had declined to utter a word, while I sat poised with the camera in an attempt to recreate that weird effect... Turned out the camera flash irritates him almost as much as my tendency to schizophrenia and wild tales of an uninvited guest in our home.. *chokes...

At 6pm the lounge lights had dipped remarkably, and at 7pm the Olympus had picked up the pink target-seeker on the opposite wall, along with THIS hologram behind the PC.. At 7.30pm Balliram's house alarm had gone off, and twenty minutes after that, I'd been subjected to a further onslaught of Knives to the Back... I'd gone outside and netted great colonies of the orbs before packing it in and heading for bed... I'd been sitting on the edge of Cloud 9 when Mr. Wonderful had decided it was time to reintroduce the BackFire frequency at optimum strength....
Although seriously spoiled for choice, our Goonda has his clear favourites, and he'd managed to catch me off-guard at five minutes before midnight, with just the one brutal Knife to the Back.. A true champion of the Cause, is he not?

I'd been digging out great clumps of weeds from our verge earlier yesterday morning, when godschild had appeared and politely asked after my well-being..  I'd replied to the effect that I was taking considerable strain, whereupon the kind young man had asked me if I was ready... Ready?  It took me a few seconds to realise what he was getting at, and I'd replied truthfully that in fact I'd been anticipating the event happily, for a long time... Like I've said before, old habits die hard, and while I can still talk the talk, do I wish to walk the walk, since seeing how the Devout have been manipulated, first-hand?   When I'd hit Replay a while later, that brief conversation had put him in the role of some sort of Father Confessor, regarding a Sinner soon to die...*shudders...
Just the ticket hey Jannie?  My word, but how the Faithful of all denominations have been duped so easily, deserves a mention in Ripley's...

We'll go with the Muslim Community first, as the ShaikBoyz are perfectly positioned to kick off the Sales Pitch, and the Faithful have always been prepared to make huge sacrifices for their beliefs?  After that it'll be the RC followers, and some hefty financial assistance made to their struggling institutions?  By then it will have snow-balled, and the smaller churches will be all too keen to hop on board, under threat of the looming End Days?
And you non-believers insist that you can't keep an entire community's lips zipped on a secret as huge as the laser/wireless Surveillance system?
I guess we here in the Zone have proven you wrong on that score, as dozens upon dozens of youthful, and not so youthful recruits, gaily zap their unsuspecting neighbours, and egg their criminal Tutor on to greater feats of cruelty...

There aren't enough Monitors to man such a system efficiently?  You say this when every other household has at least one 'soldier' set up to willingly assist the designated Area Controller?  Naa, it's perfect, my friends, and it simply can't fail, although whether you'll survive long enough to recognize your chains is another matter.. Enjoy what's left of your pseudo-freedom, and don't forget to spare a thought for the Utterly Witless... *waves...
Peace..

---oOo---

Sunday 19th August 2012 at 8.54am.