Friday, May 25, 2012

THE WOW FACTOR..
(begun Saturday 26th May at 3.40am..)

*Edit made Saturday at 10.34am - I've just discovered that my gmail Profile has been reinstated, at least for the moment..  I sent a note to the Rocket Scientist at 10.20am, and another to my Vice Chair at 10.16am, though my mails have a habit of disappearing of late, and not into recipient's spam boxes either...*

I'd not even had the beginnings of a blog for you today, and had suspected you'd enjoy a break for a change..
The middle-aged and enthusiastic Intelligence Operative next door, had other ideas... *eyeroll..
His habit of jabbing Millie the Gross randomly with a Knife to the Back as I sleep, is a fairly recent development... A couple of months is it, Balliram?  Even for the Queen of Malice himself, it's a level of attack that has me more bemused than upset, and I've actually caught him at it on several occasions..

I'll wake suddenly, not knowing why, and I'll lie there comfortably for a while, until he can no longer resist, and he does it again, whereupon I get the message loud and clear...
This frankly astonishing and yes, embarrassing level of childishness is obviously outweighed by it's effectiveness? If it works, why not use it, hey Creep?
Could the resident shrink even begin to understand if I were to say that in this particular instance, I feel ashamed for my own Controller?  Crazy I know, but you have to remember that I've owned him for about 14 years now, and there's very little of his character that I don't know about...

I've even gone as far as making up excuses for his insistence on accompanying me to both the bathroom and toilet, and have told myself that this perverted behaviour could at a stretch, fall under the Guinea-Pig's General Health column, and must be updated daily... *chokes...   You and I know of course that that's rubbish, and that he's there simply because he can't help himself, and that he enjoys seeing Millie and the rest of my fugliness in all it's naked glory, and that watching me take a dump has come to hold it's own special charms for him...
Ushers of the New Age? Man, I like to think I'm as broadminded as the next Ancient, and that I'm cool with his unfortunate obsession, but somewhere in this vacuum that sits atop my neck I smell sickness, and it ain't mine...

His small signature acts of vindictiveness are so familiar by now, they barely merit a mention.. Like how the GameWrecker had called out to me yesterday that I shouldn't forget to watch The Indian Doctor on BBC at 4.30pm, and I'd muttered back that I would, if the TV was working... Prophetic, as it turned out... I'd had the volume right down as I'd settled into my corner at about 4.15pm, only to find that both our remotes had been jammed.. You get the picture?  I did too, but without the sound... *grins wryly...   So instead, I'd dutifully leaned my head back against the cushion, and closed my eyes for a brief nap.. That had only irked Balliram into jabbing at my internals.  (I really must invest in a wallchart that shows where each organ sits, so that you can fully appreciate his skills..).

By this time it was getting dark, so I cheerfully trundled off and fetched my Panasonic, and I spent a happy hour or so wandering about both outdoors and in, taking random shots of anything and everything... It's been a couple of weeks at least, since he stopped draining the camera batteries dry, or causing the lens to zoom in and out crazily, before it switches itself off... Maybe he's finally realised that I'm seldom without a stash of fresh ones, and that if necessary, I'll simply haul out the Olympus, and carry on shooting.. Whatever.  I'm making the most of it while it lasts...*beams...

Let's say on average I could take as many as fifty pictures at a time.. The most enjoyable part of the exercise is going through them afterwards, as you obviously have no idea whether you've gotten lucky or not, until you sift through them, frame by frame....
If I end up keeping only two of the fifty, I consider it a bonus, and I've become pretty ruthless with the Delete function.. I have to be, for I've hit so many home runs, if I were to keep them all, I'd have to buy a new card every few months... So now I employ the Wow Factor, and pare down my efforts to keep only the 'WTF is that?' results...

Yesterday evening's enforced alternative to watching the enjoyable The Indian Doctor series, had yielded me two or three new additions to my 'files'... THIS one, taken facing down the outside pathway that runs between this room and the three aircon units on Balliram's kitchen and Bunker walls, was an angle I've not tried before.. Will you look at those spheres hanging right underneath our eaves?   Just under the section of faschia board that I discovered Vincent had 'painted', only last week, and no doubt done the same day he added THIS green fungus to our DSTV Satellite dish... Pretty conclusive evidence that whatever that substance is, it's laser/hologram-friendly...
Or what about THIS one, where I didn't bother trying to count how many orbs appear above der Bunker and his aircon units?   IMHO, even those two pics pale next to the one taken down the pitch-black passage indoors HERE....

Judging by the stunning results in the 'Stop what you're doing' thread in the Photography Forum at mybroadband, there are more than a few skilled photographers out there.. Would they snort derisively at THIS truly weird phenomenon, captured in the passage, or would they nod and say that I got really lucky?  Whom I gonna call?  Ghostbusters?  *falls over....
My feeble efforts since 2004 fill nine albums, that although not online, are available should you wish to see them.... Many taken by necessity on zoom, with the result that they're amateurish in the extreme, and hardly likely to cause panic in the Camp of the Corrupt...
My Controller has managed to keep a record of them as well, due to the wiring up of both Phototech and Budget Photo in Westville, and once I was forced to take my business over to the Pavilion, Whysall's was included in Balliram's Search and Retrieve (steal) exercise... *shrugs..

There's nothing there that would hold up in what now passes for a Court of Law, but together, I figure those albums could provide a historical archive of just how this country is being wired up, to ultimately be controlled by one World government, and I actually dare to be rather proud of the fact...  They show clearly how my notorious thickness had me stumbling and bumbling about, in my attempts to guess at what was taking place...
From the very earliest shots of the Mithiyane (sp) Cowboys 'adjusting' Balliram's control streetlight, to the giant foreign-manufactured machines carving up the Freeway at night...
The pale-skinned techs installing the strange sheet of silver substance on the roof of the toddler's dorms at St. Theresa's orphanage, and yet more pale-skins, shoulder-deep in a trench outside No. 16, as Cornelis Groesbeek's team struggle to fit the cabling through the waterlines...

The odd-looking light fittings installed on so many of the Convent walls both at St. Theresa's across the valley and St. Philomena's over in Rippon Road, that are clearly designed to withstand much more than the standard voltage, and whose business is certainly not simply to illuminate the area... *winks...
The MTB down at Howard College, once home of the biggest wireless base station in the country, and a recurring feature throughout my albums, as Petruccione adjusted and re-adjusted those enormous power-hungry lamps....
Another recurring theme in my prints would be the water... *looks at the shifty Neil MacLeod.. Water everywhere... Spouting unattended out of uncapped hydrants, or simply running in rivers down the neighbourhood streets, as carefully engineered reports of an ageing infrastructure or water theft began appearing in the press, placed by the Project's Damage Control guys.. (Read: Sutcliffe).

LATER at 5.30am

As a pictorial account of how we sat back and watched our freedom being removed, those books can stand on their own, though the tale will have to remain incomplete...
Since I literally stumbled over the very first pale green hologram hanging against THIS pre-cast wall in our garden, I decided to forego my habit of having a dozen or so prints made at Whysall's every few months, for it wasn't worth the risk of having the card and it's contents destroyed remotely.... Once the Panasonic began revealing the swarms of spheres in the area, and the dozens of blindingly-bright laser-attracting applications that have been dotted about our home and garden, the chances of my memory card picking up a second virus, were a given... A virus that wouldn't just enhance Balliram's ability to control that little digital appliance, but one that would finish if off for good... *shrugs..

So here I sit, with three cards and more than enough evidence to show that the Zone Community are surviving under a thick blanket created by a technology that I suspect is very far removed from Stef Roux's 'perfectly safe' assertion....
You want to convince me to take a chance and plug my darling device into our corrupted computer, so that you may share my delight?
That, my friends, would take some doing, especially since google SA have so obviously abandoned me, and have courteously stepped back in deference to our proxy ISP's demands... *studies the ageing Cracker...

My kid tells me that the organised crime team are finally focusing their increased attentions on Nottingham Road and Rosetta... You may recall that their landline cable was stolen back around December, and was never replaced?  Always a clear sign of the Project's arrival, as they force the Community over to wireless options...   Next comes the horrific increase in crime, in order to persuade home-owners to invest in some serious additional outdoor lighting.. Lighting that will eventually be harnessed and controlled by a laser-trained Area Controller...

The youngsters are coming down this morning for a sleepover, and Balliram is well aware of this...Will he arrange for them to endure more chaos to their lives, than they already have?
A break-in to the empty house in Mooi River last week, and all the kid's clothes and toys carted off in a wheelbarrow?  Two men spotted clambering over the barbed-wire fence into one of her elderly widowed landlady's paddocks, who fled when the old retainer put his light on?  The inexplicable problem with her bakkie's carburettor, that is forced to park out in the open overnight?  Circumstantial?  You think? *eyeroll...
Have a lovely day, and
peace...

---oOo---

Saturday 26th May 2012 at 9.04am