Thursday, May 10, 2012

TELL-TALE...
(begun Thursday 10th May at 3am...)


Practically the moment I sat down here at the desk, that seriously contrived-sounding drip began just outside the window, and I said 'gotcha' quietly, and I swear the volume dropped dramatically before it was resumed in a sort of embarrassed manner.. *eyeroll..
Did I say embarrassed?  I'd gone for a pee just before bedtime last night, and I'd not put the light on or shut the door.. Why would I?  I'm sitting there in the dark and I look up to see him just yards away, right in front of me.. *blinks..
Well, obviously not the Pervert in person, but his Collector of Images, by way of a bright yellow pinpoint of light sitting on the edge of the windowsill facing me across the passage...

See now, if I were the Missus, I'd have some serious issues right there, but I figure she knows her place by now.. *shrugs... I'd pointed straight at the tiny light and remarked out loud, and it had vanished quicker than a mole down a hole... *gags...  I've got this weird feeling that he wants me to see him, for some reason, hence the sloppiness of the laser to the eye on Saturday night, before I'd even gone to sleep... You armchair Psyche 101's care to venture an opinion here?  Don't hold back FFS...

I'd been in the kitchen a bit before that, and had noticed the Polo's grille had been cranked to the max.. No, not the blinding point of light tucked into the headlight nearest me, but the grille itself.. I'd thought what the hell, and fetched the Panasonic and set it on the nightime slow-exposure option... You have to hold the camera rock-steady, so I balanced it against the burglar bars and managed to shoot three or four pictures without any interference...
Maybe he was wearing his happy family persona and couldn't do anything about it, despite his third arm (read smartphone) sounding the alarm, or maybe he was over in Randles Road, updating his Benefactor, and just too far away to incapacitate the camera...
Whatever, I'm damned sure the Rocket Scientist will appreciate the results HERE, though the GW understandably just tucked his head into his shell and clearly wished I'd disappear.. *grins...

That's a serious amount of power being emitted from the front of that vehicle, and it figures that the surrounding metal is now visibly corroding.. Check out the chrome-plated VW logo on the front grille itself,  though it's nothing compared to the damage my old man says you can now see under the hood...  All for a good cause, hey Creep?  Payback or Project, or both?

I've made much of the fact that for years I've avoided studying the inside of my home with my spectacles on, and I've tested Penny and found that her eyesight is even worse than mine... Last night I discovered that each of the four rings on my ancient Defy stove has now been daubed around the edges by smears of the white emulsion. Not the easy-to-wipe-off chalk-like substance, but the actual paint.  I'd been wearing my strong specs when I found it, and it's guaranteed Ms. Ndenga hadn't noticed it until I pointed it out to her...
I can sort of understand why the emulsion is needed for the Creep to have control over that appliance. However, when zooming in on one of the hot-plates HERE, it appears that Balliram's droog has included a touch of the red-brown rust-like substance to the rings... Ownership and destruction in one fell swoop, hey Master?  *vomits..

Just before midday last Thursday, (about the same time those mothers in our area were being shot and assaulted, in two separate carefully engineered attempted hijackings), we'd popped in to the Mariannhill Licencing Department.  I'd had a notice to renew my licence (one of the many cash cows devised by the ruling party), and figured it should be fairly quiet out there... Not so, and it turned out to be standing room only, so we'd gone off about our business and decided we'd make an early start this morning.. A mission that could keep us out of the Sherwood area for the whole morning.. Karma?  I brought this all upon myself?  Naa - It's good old answer D again, folks - 'It is written.'  *shrugs...
*Ooh! The drip outside the window has suddenly and inexplicably picked up the pace, and it's fairly whacking along, although the volume is fluctuating wildly.. A problem?  Will our Controller add it to his To-Do list for today?*

The GW had been in touch with my kid over in London yesterday, and he'd said that his troublesome geyser had flooded his place.. He'd also had to call on Mr. Plod, as he'd had a break-in while he'd been out one day, though apparently nothing had been stolen..
Getting the old deja-vu there? Shades of my daughter being away in the UK, and her home in Rosetta being broken into for no apparent reason?  *teeth...
If I were to visit both of my children, would I find the telltale signs of laser enhancing compounds now decorating the jackpoints and appliances in their homes?  The little dabs of grey, brown, blue, or white that make it simple for a nearby Area Controller to access their homes and relay stolen audio/visual data back to a satellite?
Would they be thrilled to know they'd been included as Labrats in this ground-breaking experiment? Your guess is as good as mine...

In retrospect, I can understand the Project Author's preference for Area Controllers with strong leanings towards sadism and voyeurism, and why Collin P. Balliram's star has risen as it has... Even if you began the job with clean hands, you'd be systematically encouraged to concentrate on those dodgy aspects until, like the Pervert next door, you saw no wrong in what you were doing at all.. *yawns..

The GW had taken Penny's phone all the way down to vodacom's Tech Services yesterday, only to be told that he could replace it for R70, and it wasn't worth the repair fee..*blinks... R70 is a fair whack for a part-time domestic who rents a shack in a jondolo, and if our Controller played any part in the phone's demise he's earned himself another thumbs down....
It's now 4.45am and I'm off to try and rest my eyes for a bit.. Cheers..

LATER at 5.55am

I doubt I slept for more than a minute at a time, but even an hour, totally pain-free, spent on Cloud 9 is a delicious rarity and much appreciated...*beams..
My Owner's penchant for constantly changing the tone of frequency in my ears, had me shushing him several times, and the introduction of the special sound effect that has you thinking there's an overladen lorry in the distance, going up a hill in first gear, had me snorting out loud.. ADD? Hyperactive?  Get a GRIP .....*eyeroll...
Under the circumstances, the whistleblower's suggestion in A Better Life For All, that Jacquie Subban was ever anything remotely resembling a girlfriend to Michael Sutcliffe, is pretty laughable, as much as Felicity would wish it to be true...

 What would you call the blue colour employed in the lights outside copshops? Cobalt?  A very similar colour to that which now lights up the house number on the wall at No. 18?  Is that signage designed to be a direction-finder for the laser beams, or is it merely coincidence that it's that pretty shade?   The sky's getting light and I must go...

LATER at 2.00pm

It was over the Breakfast Special at a Kloof Spur that he told me he'd been researching mental illness and paranoia on the Internet, and had decided I was schizophrenic.. Would I consider seeing someone? Ouch!  It was only later that I'd thought to ask him whether the symptoms displayed by schizophrenics included being irritatingly cheerful, despite their apparent delusions of persecution... It won't wash, and is a cover up that will have been tried by several somewhat sharper individuals than my SO...*shrugs...
If we really wanted to, we could retort that rather more worrying than our schizophrenia, is his total lack of interest in anything other than the weather forecasts, the laundry, radio talkshows, and his next visit to the GP, but I guess we'll save that for the next time the Bickerson Trio come out to play?   *winks..

I have to admit it was a pleasure to get home and find that Penny had done a stunning job of cleaning out the cupboard under the kitchen sink, and she's volunteered to venture into the rest of the cupboards next week. Hooray!

LATER at 2.50pm

The dogs were fussing, so I went out onto the front lawn to see a gentleman in a pale blue/grey fez and striped short-sleeve golf shirt, showing a great deal of interest in our properties as he walked along towards the Freeway.. Balliram's buzzer kicked in at the sight of me standing there, and I shouldn't be surprised if his Beemer isn't hidden away in the garage as he skulks in der Bunker... Course, if the need arose he'd be supplied with a handful of alibis... *shrugs..
Peace..

---oOo---

Thursday 10th May 2012 at 4.11pm